• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

I just noticed Mike Whitehead is fighting. I thought he was in jail?

One of the women said she awoke to find her pants down and Whitehead having sex with her in the bed. Although she repeatedly demanded that he stop, he didn't for about three minutes, according to the police report.

After the alleged incident, Whitehead sat in a chair in the bedroom, police said. The second woman, who had been next to the woman on the bed, said she witnessed the alleged assault, according to the police report. The second woman alleged that Whitehead had also groped her during the incident, the report said.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/sep/12/mma-fighter-fighter-michael-whitehead-makes-no-con/

Huh. If he's fighting hopefully he gets some Joe Sonesque crotch pounding.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm guessing Fedor will fight the winner of Pudzianowski vs. Thompson II.

Or maybe the loser.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that Fedor vs. Pudzianowski would make a lot of money.

industrian

Fedor vs who?

Mariusz Pudzianowski. Former world's strongest man, now trying to get as much money as he can from this "MMA thing."

To put it in very basic terms: he's a Polish hero. Putting him up against a Russian hero would set Eastern Europe on fire and make a shitload of money for both fighters and/or start a war.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fedor vs who?
Former strong man:

L3EAN.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariusz_Pudzianowski
During his career as a strongman, Pudzianowski has won five World's Strongest Man titles—more than any other athlete—as well as two runner-up titles (including his most recent performance in the 32nd edition). In 2009, Pudzianowski debuted as a mixed martial artist.He is considered as the best strongman that has ever competed in the history of the sport.

AiTM

Banned
oh yea i remember him, didnt he fight Tim Sylvia? Well at least Fedor doesn't have to worry about his stamina with all of those beach muscles.

industrian

oh yea i remember him, didnt he fight Tim Sylvia? Well at least Fedor doesn't have to worry about his stamina with all of those beach muscles.

The man can deadlift over 900lbs, squat over 800lbs and bench over 620lbs. Beach muscles, lol.

AiTM

Banned
Yea see how good those help him out past round 1. You cant deadlift your lungs or heart to compensate for all the increased oxygen those muscles need. It's not beneficial to mma.

industrian

Yea see how good those help him out past round 1. You cant deadlift your lungs or heart to compensate for all the increased oxygen those muscles need. It's not beneficial to mma.

No shit, sherlock.

He's lost at least 60lbs of muscle in the transition between strongman and MMA training.

yacobod

Banned
The man can deadlift over 900lbs, squat over 800lbs and bench over 620lbs. Beach muscles, lol.

ya his muscles and strength are about as functional as it gets. anyone who's seen him compete at the WSM knows he's a beast. but he's carrying way too much muscle to have a good endurance. he's built for explosive events and sprints.

if anyone seen the first thompson fight, he was really pummeling him before he gassed out.

Heel

You see that gentlemen? Tempers are flaring. Temperatures are rising. That can only mean one thing...the most anticipated heavyweight rematch in MMA history is upon us.. The Super Bowl of Bad MMA. KSW.

owwRs.jpg

The festivities begin at 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET on international satellite dishes, channel TBD.

kq9ghixujc.gif

Heel

Chael Sonnen Talks MMA Awards, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Arianny Celeste

Sonnen was asked which girl he’d be rooting for in the Ring Girl of the Year category, and this is what he said,

"We only had one and that was Chandella [Powell]. The other was the IQ card girl. Arianny [Celeste] kind of walks around and holds up her latest test score. One time when there was a title fight, she got all the way up to five and we were very proud of her.”
mma_lol_gifryuqf.gif

dream

Gary Goodridge suffering from brain damage

Reminds me of a story Eddie Bravo told on Joe Rogan's podcast recently. After Yvel headkicked Goodrich in PRIDE, Gary was out cold for 5 minutes. When he woke up he thought he was at a rave in Toronto for over an hour. He thought his sister was a girl he had picked up at the rave.

Goes to show you that MMA isn't as safe as UFC wants everyone to believe.

I don't think that's fair. Big Daddy Goodridge got knocked out a lot between his K-1 fights and his mixed martials. The Japanese, renowned for having absolutely no concern for fighter safety or longterm health, basically saw him as a guy who would get knocked out spectacularly and had him fight with almost no recovery time between knockouts.

In a real first world combat sports country, like the US, Big Daddy Goodridge probably wouldn't have taken 75% of the beatings he took just because of things like medical suspensions and real pre and post fight medical treatment and testing.

charsace

Gary Goodridge suffering from brain damage

Reminds me of a story Eddie Bravo told on Joe Rogan's podcast recently. After Yvel headkicked Goodrich in PRIDE, Gary was out cold for 5 minutes. When he woke up he thought he was at a rave in Toronto for over an hour. He thought his sister was a girl he had picked up at the rave.

Goes to show you that MMA isn't as safe as UFC wants everyone to believe.

anything where people take blows to the head can do damage. Still I would think MMA is a little less dangerous than Kickboxing and Boxing.

Heel

MMA is not safe, but UFC has done the best job at avoiding the long-term risks. Dana deserves all the praise in the world for not letting his fighters reach Goodrich status under his watch. The guy has lost 8 times in a row and is still fighting because he's broke. Sad to see.

By the way, you guys are missing some awesome polish rap-rock on KSW. PM me if you need to know which direction to point your international satellite dish.

dream

It really is amazing that there have been no deaths in the UFC. It's just a matter of time and I hope we don't get a vicious regression to the mean where like 10 guys end up dying in a year.

dream

You gotta give the Polish credit, this show has some fantastic production. Shit looks like a PRIDE show.

uh is this dude walking out to a rascal flatts song while wearing a gas mask

Heel

I've got it dead even heading into the 3rd runda. How about you dream?

We came for bad MMA and KSW is delivering in spades.

dream

I'm...actually enjoying this...

I also just heard about Roger Huerta fighting War Machine on the internet tonight. lol@Roger Huerta. Remember when was the UFC's brightest prospect and they put all their marketing muscle behind him and he became the first Ultimate Fighter to land the cover of SI and then he left because he wanted more money? lol@Roger Huerta.

I'm...actually enjoying this...

I also just heard about Roger Huerta fighting War Machine on the internet tonight. lol@Roger Huerta. Remember when was the UFC's brightest prospect and they put all their marketing muscle behind him and he became the first Ultimate Fighter to land the cover of SI and then he left because he wanted more money? lol@Roger Huerta.

when you say he's fighting War Machine, do you mean THE War Machine? As in War "The War Machine" Machine?

Heel

Just tuned in. Do I have time to go get food before the heavyweight fight of the year?

Yeah you should be good.

Aslambek Saidov (77.0 kg) vs. Rafal Moks (76.6 kg)
James Zikic (83.7) vs. Antoni Chmielewski (84.0 kg)
Maciej Jewtuszko (70.1 kg) vs. Artur Sowinski (70.1 kg)
Matt Horwich (84.2 kg) vs. Michal Materla (84.0 kg)
Thierry Sokoudjou (93.0) vs. Jan Blachowicz (93.0 kg)
James Thompson (125.3 kg) vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski (116.0 kg)
Jesse Taylor (84.1 kg) vs. Mamed Khalidov (85.0 kg)

Wow he beat former UFC middleweight top contender Thales Leites.

Edit: I love this announcer. "Then he went and he became good striker. Now it seems he is top middleweight contender."

dream

omg, the date rapist ring announcer narrating the fighter's accolades during their entrance is just amazing

Top Bottom