• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
Also, I think he beats JDS easily.

let's not start sucking his dick just yet

winston_wolf_pulp_fiction_opt-294x217.jpg

I just finished watching the Hendo/Shogun fight and I have to say I was upset by the decision. I felt the first round had very up and down moments and Shogun took momentum at one point by clipping Hendo with a right hand that hurt him.

The 4th and 5th rounds are borderline 10-8 rounds, in the 4th Shogun comes close to finishing the fight with his hands, then gets a big takedown does some work off it. In the 5th it is just Shogun all round, full mount and leaving it all in the octagon.

Tough for me to see Hendo as the winner, was Cecil Peoples on this bitch?

I somewhat agree. It really could have been a Shogun win. Too bad they didn't just give it a DRAW. Neither deserved a loss after that close affair.

Nah. Bones has been insane this past year. When he slays The Dragon people will realize he deserves that spot. Also, I think he beats JDS easily.

JDS would KO JBJ quicker than he KOed Cain. JBJ wont be able to bully him with his reach. One flashy move and BAM. JDS would but that punk in a coma.

pr0cs

I somewhat agree. It really could have been a Shogun win. Too bad they didn't just give it a DRAW. Neither deserved a loss after that close affair.

At the time I expected a draw.
As a fighter I wonder what they think of a draw. Most fights that I've seen as draws both fighters were really pissed off. I suppose thats the nature when both effectively 'did not win'.
I was okay with Hendo winning. I could see how judges gave it to him, it's not like some of the other fights we've seen where the judges clearly were on crack when scoring (ala some of Leonard Garcia's fights)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lol, p4p ranks

I don't understand the purpose of that whole discussion. Frankie Edgar and Jon Jones will never fight each other so who cares? Might as well ask if Superman can beat Thor.

dream

It's very rare I disagree with you friend, but on occasions like this I feel that you've taken the liberal arts path while I am on the technology money train.

Mayhem is a can with an MTV show.

While that is 100% true, it is somehow trumped by the fact that Michael Bisping is not very good at the mixed martials.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mayhem is decent. He almost choked out Shields which is actually saying a lot. I think he's actually underrated because everyone's first reaction is just LOL MTV SHOW MUCH?

Hope he's good enough to beat Bisping, or I'll take all of that back.

How long before an event does the UFC usually announce weigh-in and Q and A info? UFC 129 they announced it weeks before the event, but so far nothing for UFC 140 and its under 3 weeks away!

I know UFC 129 was super huge so they announced things earlier than usual......

charsace

Mayhem is decent. He almost choked out Shields which is actually saying a lot. I think he's actually underrated because everyone's first reaction is just LOL MTV SHOW MUCH?

Hope he's good enough to beat Bisping, or I'll take all of that back.

I think Bisping is going to beat him. Unless Mayhem fights smart and goes for a sub.

Heel

Also Kendall Grove vs. MINOWAMAAAN~ in ProElite which is possibly the best thing ever.

How's this for crazy? Minowaman was going to fight Brian Stann on UFC 144 in Japan.

Brian Stann said:
I thought I was fighting on the UFC card in Tokyo. I thought I was going to fight a gentleman by the name of Ikuhisa Minowa or ‘Minowaman’ and unfortunately, you know, the fight didn’t happen. He actually asked to fight me. I agreed and then for some reason it just didn’t materialize…From what I was told by the UFC, I think they already filled the main card for that one, so there’s not really any room for me anymore.

He would heel hook that foreign devil and the little children would make him a new belt. But now it's just one of those what if matches like Anderson vs. Cung Le.

TheNatural

My Member!
Sherdog updated their top 10 p4p rankings:

1. anderson silva
2. gsp
3. jbj
4. frankie edgar
5. jose aldo
6. dan henderson
7. jon fitch
8. dominik cruz
9. gil melendez
10. shogun rua

I'm surprised of no JDS and the inclusion of Shogun on the list.

Replace Fitch with JDS and you have a correct list.

Fedor's next opponent - an actual can of tomato sauce.

Got around to watching Hendo vs Shogun. That was an amazing fight. That's gotta be a FOTY contender. But even with all that the best part was the fact that before it began they kept showing that glorious Henderson ko of Bisping. I love it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Bader might be fucked, but Rampage hasn't KO'ed anyone for a good while. I'm not sure why this fight was made. I would have rather seen Rampage vs. Forrest rematch, but Forrest sounds like doesn't give a fuck anymore. Shit Dana, why not bring on King Mo from Strikeforce? Bader just seems like an odd, odd choice.

Messi

Bader might be fucked, but Rampage hasn't KO'ed anyone for a good while. I'm not sure why this fight was made. I would have rather seen Rampage vs. Forrest rematch, but Forrest sounds like doesn't give a fuck anymore. Shit Dana, why not bring on King Mo from Strikeforce? Bader just seems like an odd, odd choice.

Pretty sure they are trying to set up a knockout for Rampage, much easier to market Rampage than it is to market Bader

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I would have liked to see Page against a returning Thiago Silva. Much more interesting style match-up in my view. Bader is a pretty easy 30-27 win for Rampage.

Fifty

Or give fans a fight between two contenders? Bader is an up and comer and Rampage is a top fighter at 205.

Bader is an up and comer that has lost 2 of his last 3 fights and his recent win came against a guy that thinks MMA is a part time job. Bader needs to prove a lot more before he fights a guy like Rampage. I think the fight is a joke.

Ænima

Yeah losing to Tito at this point in his career should knock you way down the ladder. Bader should be forced to fight at least two more scrubs before getting another real fight.

agrajag

Banned
I wish MMA was like Boxing, where you have to crush fifty cans before you can become legit. Shorter training camps, more fights, let's do it!

I wish MMA was like Boxing, where you have to crush fifty cans before you can become legit. Shorter training camps, more fights, let's do it!

The reason it's not like that is because you have one promoter vs several promoters. Mayweather/Pacquiao bullshit would never happen in the UFC...but at the same time, a UFC fighter will also probably never make $20-30 million for a single fight.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ænima;32947097 said:
Yeah losing to Tito at this point in his career should knock you way down the ladder. Bader should be forced to fight at least two more scrubs before getting another real fight.

Bu bu Bader 2.0 and that guy from the show!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bader has a glass jaw but at the same time Rampage has a hard time getting motivated for anything. Keeping those in mind it's actually kind of an interesting matchup.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Rampage vs. Bader came out of nowhere.

I'm sure that with high-level fights like these Bader can eventually make a name for himself
in Shark Fights.

Heel

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Kickboxing - Fight Code: Rhinos Final

Main card starts at 12:45 PM PT / 3:45 PM ET, free on LiveFightCode.tv

Bellator 59

Prelims start at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on MTV2, HD on Epix (Note: Replay at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET.)

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. James Thompson II (Saturday, KSW 17)
Mamed Khalidov vs. Paulo Filho Jesse "JT Money" Taylor (Saturday, KSW 17)
Sokoudjou vs. Jan Blachowicz (Saturday, KSW 17)
Matt Horwich vs. Michal Materla (Saturday, KSW 17)
Roger Huerta vs. War Machine (Saturday, Ultimate Warrior Fighting)
Marius Zaromskis vs. Bruno Carvalho (Saturday, K-1: Rumble of the Kings 6)
Joe Riggs vs. Shannon Ritch (Saturday, Duel for Domination: MMA Extravaganza)
Mike Whitehead vs, Matt Howard (Saturday, Duel for Domination: MMA Extravaganza)
Glover Teixeira vs. Ricco Rodriguez (Sunday, MMA Against Dengue)

Top Bottom