• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
idBUCxDDVzcwf.jpg

This guy has balls. The line isn't even that good.

xz65A.jpg

yacobod

Banned
It's pretty silly that fighters are still gassing out in 2011. All these guys are pretty much fighting professionally now and don't really have day jobs, but every card you see guys gassing out after 1 round all the time.

TheNatural

My Member!
It's pretty silly that fighters are still gassing out in 2011. All these guys are pretty much fighting professionally now and don't really have day jobs, but every card you see guys gassing out after 1 round all the time.

It's silly, but many fighters don't pace themselves. More annoying is stoppages like tonight, yeah he wasn't doing much except turtling up, but why shouldn't that be a strategy in itself? Bisping was hitting him a lot, Mayhem didn't look rocked, just tired. If Ali-Foreman were reffed like this, it would have been stopped due to Ali not "defending himself."

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
danawhite Dana White
The most one sided fight I might have ever seen in the UFC!

I can't say I agree. Miller did fine the first round and then Penned it.

dem

That was worse than even I expected out of Mayhem. Good lord man.
It was like watching a marius pudzianowski fight

Gonna be a short stop in the UFC for Miller.

ShogunX

At least Bisping knows hes not ready to face the champ just yet

Glad he said that to be honest. Not that it will stop people hating on him and calling him out but he has nothing for Anderson at all.

Good win for Bisping but I guess it only goes to that fighting cans and looking good in Japan only takes you so far.

Also for me Sonnen needs another win before challenging Anderson again. The problem of course is that the division is pretty thin so challengers are in short supply.

brentech

Yea, this and guys not making weight at this point in MMAs life bothers me a lot. I know it's not just 25min of work, as they train for months, but how can one be so unprepared for their actual display of work?

Like, hey, here is a chance to make many people's yearly income in one night.....shits the bed.

ShaneB

I know the weight cut is a big part of it for lots of fighters, makes me wonder if there should be a between fight ruling of having to stick within a certain range of your weight class and not to cut too much weight.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Thoughts on card:

Pre main event: top 3 card of the year, WEC NEVER DIE
Post main event: C-. I guarantee you Anderson had more intense sparring sessions at Chute Boxe than the fight Bisping put on tonight. No one should ever talk about Bisping getting a title shot ever again, which was ridiculous to begin with. If Miller wasn't a name, he'd get cut after tonight.

Greg Jackson small weights are wacky affable personalities and finish fights, who knew?! The 145 final would be a FOTY candidate if FOTY hadn't been wrapped up already. God damn what an armbar, especially under the circumstances.

Boogie

Chamber, let us make sexytime together. :hump :hump :hump

edit: I mean, shit, "most one-sided fight ever"? It's not insane to argue that Mayhem won round 1. GTFO with that shit, Dana.

Hey guys...the fun doesn't stop here! BAD MMA!

Score Fighting Series 3: Meltdown in the Valley

Starts at 4:45 PM PT / 7:45 PM ET, free on TheScore.com

Guy I used to train with at Team Tompkins is one of the promoters for this org. My facebook is always spammed with him pimping his events. True story.

Boogie

Who was it a few weeks back who was so adamant that Sonnen/Silva 2 was disgustingly offensive and that Bisping was the only person worthy of a MW title shot?

Because let's all laugh at that person now.....

AiTM

Banned
Who was it a few weeks back who was so adamant that Sonnen/Silva 2 was disgustingly offensive and that Bisping was the only person worthy of a MW title shot?

It was equally as laughable weeks ago

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

I bet he was English.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Probably the same guy who said Cain was the #1 heavyweight all time.

Boogie

It was equally as laughable weeks ago

well, yes, of course it was.

(was it acrajag--aralkjsghah?)

I just think it was always absurd to treat MMA in a detached robotic manner where you simply look at the Win and Loss column as if that told all the story, especially considering one of the tired axioms of MMA is that of "styles make fights".

ie. whatever excuses one might make, from "Sonnen was on roids" to "Silva was injured", Sonnen has been the only human being at 185lbs since Ryo Chonen to make Anderson Silva look like a human being.

And if that's not enough to make you salivate at seeing those two fight again, then fuck you, what the hell are you doing watching this sport anyway?

Silva/Sonnen 2 falls in the same category as GSP/Diaz, in that, sure, he's not the most "objectively deserving" of a title shot, but fuck it, because it's a fight we want to see, and we all know that no matter how much Jon Fitch is the "#2 Welterweight in the world", he hasn't shown any reason that he wouldn't get his shit pushed in just as hard as the first time he fought GSP.

Boogie

Probably the same guy who said Cain was the #1 heavyweight all time.

The title of "#1 heavyweight of all time" is still awaiting claim by Jon Jones some time in 2014.

Unfortunately I also picked Okami. :(

I "rooted" for Okami, but I don't believe I "picked" him. Of course, now that search has been de-nerfed, I am vulnerable to being made to look stupid for such claims. (Fucker has always been a cautious/slow starter, which benefits you nothing against Silva, obviously)

Top Bottom