• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

This is the same guy I've seen before say Strikeforce was completely dead.

To be fair, before Hershman left Showtime to replace Greenberg at HBO, Strikeforce was completely dead as far as negotiations go. Stephen Espinoza replaced him recently and negotiations picked back up.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So Strikeforce will now be the #1 bad MMA promotion on the planet. HDNET watch out! Showtime, your new home from the best bad mma!

My buddy/training partner Lumumba Sayers just got a sick knockout at the last strikeforce event. I hope he gets to eventually move up into the UFC.

Heel

My buddy/training partner Lumumba Sayers just got a sick knockout at the last strikeforce event. I hope he gets to eventually move up into the UFC.

I think that was my favorite Strikeforce card of the year, and it was a Challengers card. So I guess there's some hope that the new Strikeforce will be watchable.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
He has no TDD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPTJi5O7KqY&feature=player_detailpage#t=312s

And he gets KO'd in K-1 by an MMA fighter after calling them out at DREAM:

overeem_hari_3_medium.gif

Wasn't that their kick boxing fight?, After that they where meant to have a MMA fight but Bader bitched out cause he had already been KTFO.

Marathoned TUF14 this weekend and finally watched the finale. Great show. Diego is a pretty scary dude. The Dillishaw finish was bs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bisping is going to get tapped in that fight. Maia is a big step up.

Which is exactly what Bisping needs after fighting such a long strong of borderline roster-cut guys (in terms of skill). Really hope he doesn't get Stann, though I'm sure he's begging for it. That would be a gift.

Which is exactly what Bisping needs after fighting such a long strong of borderline roster-cut guys (in terms of skill). Really hope he doesn't get Stann, though I'm sure he's begging for it. That would be a gift.

Maia is an easier fight for Bisping's skill set than Stann.

I personally think Belcher would be a great fight but too many people think (for whatever reason) Belcher isn't even close to Bisping's ranking even though he's basically on a six fight win streak.

(People will bring up his loss to Jason Day in 2008 and his "loss" to Akiyama.)

How was XFC 15 on Friday night?

I personally think Belcher would be a great fight but too many people think (for whatever reason) Belcher isn't even close to Bisping's ranking even though he's basically on a six fight win streak.
I don't take Belcher seriously because of his Fat Albert tattoo. He would have to crane kick ko Andy for me to pay any attention to him.

LOL I was looking at some upcoming cards through Wiki and came across this amazing MMA Record -

Mixed martial arts record

Total

Wins

By knockout

By submission

By decision

Losses

By knockout

By submission

By decision

Draws

Whos is it? Why none other than http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chael_Sonnen
LOL did he go on Wiki and edit his own record?

I'm so excited for Jones vs Machida but the rest of the main card is sooooo boring imo. Also - 4 fights for the prelims on Ion! I love the sounds of that. And finally poor Nick Lentz. That's a lesson to boring fighters. The dude is on an incredible streak and not only isn't a part of any title contention discussion but he's still relegated to untelevised prelims.

Man, I could really go for some bad MMA today.

Just watched XFC last night so I'm good for now but there was an amazing fight with a one armed fighter. He locked up an incredible/fast heel hook too. Dude is 6-0 now.

ShaneB

I'm so excited for Jones vs Machida but the rest of the main card is sooooo boring imo. Also - 4 fights for the prelims on Ion! I love the sounds of that. And finally poor Nick Lentz. That's a lesson to boring fighters. The dude is on an incredible streak and not only isn't a part of any title contention discussion but he's still relegated to untelevised prelims.

I share the same sentiments. The main event and the Hominick vs Jung fight are all I'm excited for on the main card. Looks like some good prelim fights, so there are those to look forward too.

I'm excited to see Tito live in what could be his last fight

Its a shame McDonald is injured, was looking forward to that

Anyone making the OP? ITS FIGHT WEEEK!

tass0

Banned

What? Nogueira/Mir and Nogueira/Ortiz are both sweet.

seanpierson Sean Pierson
Came to train @grantbrothermma today and here training was @BrittneyPalmer, @mattmitrione and @j_brookins #UFC140 #Toronto

OMG, Brittney is under 10 minutes from where I live <3

Heel

Bellator Moves to Fridays, Plans Five Spring Tournaments

Bellator's Season 6 will feature tournaments in the featherweight, lightweight, welterweight and middleweight divisions, and one more tournament that the promotion has yet to determine. The season is also expected to feature title fights at bantamweight (Eduardo Dantas vs. Zach Makovsky), featherweight (Pat Curran vs. Joe Warren), welterweight (Douglas Lima vs. Ben Askren) and middleweight (Alexander Shlemenko vs. Hector Lombard).

Other fights planned for Bellator Season 6 include Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez and a rematch of the Season 5 heavyweight tournament final, Eric Prindle vs. Thiago Santos, which was ruled a no contest.

I'm pretty torn here... The Bad Friday MMA > Bellator most weeks.

Heel

155'er Nik "The Carny" Lentz is claiming he submitted Brock Lesnar.

I did roll with him one time and number one, it was really gross because the dude sweats like a ridiculous amount so I was just covered in Brock Lesnar sweat, like just dripping in his own sweat but then he was kinda messing around and I jumped on a guillotine and I wound up eventually tapping him out and then he actually got kinda angry and the next time that we started, he just picked me up above his head WWE-style and like threw me across the room so that was the end of my training with Brock. I got him one time. I jumped on the guillotine because he wasn't ready for it and I choked him out and then after that I got thrown across the room.

I think the only way to be submitted by him is if you're really closterphobic and you start to freak out because you're pinned against the fence and you can't get away.

Top Bottom