• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

AiTM

Banned
YGVz2.jpg

Does that dude want to legalise weed or something?
Not only that, I think he wants to legalize all drugs. I could be wrong about that though. Weed is definite however.

Forrest sounded like he could not give less of a fuck in his last fight where he got destroyed by Shogun. Before the interview he was basically just all "I don't do this because I like it, just to test myself" and all that, and said he was going to hang around in different camps and stuff after the fight. He didn't sound like a guy all that interested in fighting anymore, and in the fight, he sure didn't look it. Maybe it was because he had a kid being literally born right then, but he didn't sound it before that either.

I'm guessing at the start of the year when some of this deal stuff is officially up and taking effect, we'll hear more on what's going to happen.

That was my thought exactly when I was watching it. I thought the same thing when he fought Silva. It looked like he didn't train. He just popped in the ring to collect a pay check and ran out.

Bas with hover hands? Noooooo!

dream

Oh god, I just watched the video of Jens dying in the cage.

What a cautionary tale for young fighters who are considering eschewing education for fighting.

Man it's hard to find fashionable men's shoes in hobbit size. Sometimes you just gotta go with women's shoes.

Did everyone get their sherdog picks in?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is Ovince St Preux a wrestler?
Cuz i friggin' love Mousasi but i cant see him beating a good wrestler.

Zeliard

Is Ovince St Preux a wrestler?
Cuz i friggin' love Mousasi but i cant see him beating a good wrestler.

He's generally a striker but he's big and athletic and could pose problems for Mousasi as far as wrestling. Mousasi has supposedly been working on his wrestling a lot more this time around, so it remains to be seen. Hopefully he creams OSP Babalu-style and gets back into his groove.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
He's generally a striker but he's big and athletic and could pose problems for Mousasi as far as wrestling. Mousasi has supposedly been working on his wrestling a lot more this time around, so it remains to be seen. Hopefully he creams OSP Babalu-style and gets back into his groove.
Mousasi with good TDD would be godlike and as someone said: Mousasi Vs Machida make it happen Dana!

AiTM

Banned
Joe Rogan is a single-issue voter CONFIRMED

Actually he talks about him on his podcast all the time. Not just the drug issue, but on the wars, smaller govt, less govt intrusion, more personal liberties, etc

He agrees with him on pretty much everything, he even said it on the tonight show last night.

Zeliard

Mousasi with good TDD would be godlike and as someone said: Mousasi Vs Machida make it happen Dana!

Yeah if Mousasi shores up that hole in his game he'd be a serious force. And off his back he's still pretty beastly, but takedowns will always count for more with the judges than doing work off your back, so he really doesn't want to be repeating any King Mo type shit.

It'll be very interesting to see how the fight tonight turns out. I'm particularly curious to see how long OSP tries to stand with him.

Prelim spoilers, not that you can really watch them AFAIK:
42 second KO for Bowling and Fodor KO'd Wilcox in 13 seconds. Crazy.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Best lightweight on the planet...? You can't say that until he steps up from SF fighters and fights decent competition. I do believe he can succeed in the UFC.

Top Bottom