• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

That goes right into the bad stoppage hall of fame. I think Cyborg landed maybe 3 punches to the head and Yamanaka never looked out of it.

charsace

The only person that could beat cyborg is Gina Carano. Too bad she stopped caring about fighting once she got famous. After she had got that gig on Gladiator she stopped caring about fighting.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Cyborg would have to chop off an arm to make 135. Although her fighting one-armed is the only way the fights would be fair anyway.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The only person that could beat cyborg is Gina Carano. Too bad she stopped caring about fighting once she got famous. After she had got that gig on Gladiator she stopped caring about fighting.

Yeah, everyone forgets that Carano had full mount on Cyborg and just stood up for some fuckin reason.

dream

Hey, Zuffa owns you now. You can stop selling that Gilbert as #1 p4p thing, Mauro.

like my good friend yacobad says, who ya crappin.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Kimbo Slice has protégés? Oh dear...
lol I met one of them last week at a bar I went to watch UFC 140. He was handing out a rap album to promote himself. The Contenders forum on sherdog talks about him nonstop (his name is Dada-5000). Masvidal was a backyard fighter here too.

yacobod

Banned
for some reason i couldnt log into the sherdog picks thing w/my original screen name, i had to make a new name, but i never made my picks, was kind of frustrated with the website at that point.

Masvidal isn't doing much of anything.
He usually counter-strikes a lot, but Melendez's boxing technique is so efficient that he's almost never vulnerable to counter-strikes. I think Masvidal's best chance was to go to the body consistently and no one ever does that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah so no rush on gil to ufc dana

although to be fair masvidal is at least partly to blame with his do-nothing strategy. but not so good for gil to not even come close to landing a takedown

terrible card

parasight

The lack of real urgency, outside of those last few seconds, was pretty telling. Dude was kinda just happy to be there. Not that SF title's are worth much, but beating Gilbert would have been quite the feat. Props to El Nino for the solid, crisp technique.

yacobod

Banned
dana should have killed strikeforce when he had a chance, what an uninspired night of mma.

like the wise Heel says, bring on bad mma anytime over completely uninspired middling mma.

Top Bottom