• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
LOL This motherfucker just asked for them to send the UFC champ over to Strikeforce?!

Put it in the perspective of part of the showtime deal to 2014 was the UFC didn't take Gil away from strikeforce.
What else can he do..the boss's won't move him to the big show and he honestly should be there...wether he's top 1 or top 5 he's earned it.

So ya.. call out some UFC guys to comedown to his mudhole and rockem sockem

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Put it in the perspective of part of the showtime deal to 2014 was the UFC didn't take Gil away from strikeforce.
What else can he do..the boss's won't move him to the big show and he honestly should be there...wether he's top 1 or top 5 he's earned it.

So ya.. call out some UFC guys to comedown to his mudhole and rockem sockem

This is why I was hoping that Gil would fight with more urgency out there. I know Masvidal didn't do anything but Gil was didn't seem motivated at all to finish the fight. It's not like Masvidal has much power to be worried about either; he's basically a point-fighter who occasionally TKOs total scrubs. Don't think there'll be too many fans begging for dream matchups with Gil now.

yacobod

Banned
maybe we had unfair heightened expectations for Gil coming off his blowout win of japanese can "Crusher" Kawajiri. i mean he did go 5 rounds with aoki for christ sakes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
maybe we had unfair heightened expectations for Gil coming off his blowout win of japanese can "Crusher" Kawajiri. i mean he did go 5 rounds with aoki for christ sakes.
in terms of crashing japan mma cans, i am thinking maybe a mild case of mousasi effect now that gil is going up against real fighters now like bellator midcarders

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Haven't seen the thread in two days, so here is spaghetti legs Dillashaw:

ilmcB.gif

MjFrancis

I haven't looked at this thread for days. Something told me it was about time to take a peek, and lo and behold a new picture of Britney. This thread rarely disappoints.

The test was due November 17th. He handed in a test(the wrong one at that) on December 7th. That is one day shy of 3 weeks.
He wasn't cycling during that time. Also, this steroids is only in your system for 30 shit is a myth. It depends on what you use and how your body adjust to your testosterone levels.

dem

Log onto your xbox and order the Lesnar vs Overeem PPV

Its free right now.

Is it a mistake? I dont know..

TheNatural

My Member!
on the 86th page? the complaints began on the first few pages already. perhaps if only i had made the OP more casual friendly and informative for the "noob" fan.

No, I just meant the picture quote a picture train moving on. Or GIF quote a GIF. I see the thread bumped and I get a Cyborg crank in the face when I was expecting some news update or something.

I guess I could say that Overeem vs. Lesnar is a go and the drug test came up clean:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/...overeems-drug-test-results-clean-brock-lesnar

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh and Spike being a dick continues on into 2012 as well. Ironically, fucking their own support of Bellator over in the process LOL.

The UFC/Spike relationship continued its jilted lover getting revenge feel as the network announced Tuesday they will air marathons of The Ultimate Fighter on Friday nights starting on Friday, March 2nd.

The three-hour weekly block -- called "The Ultimate Fighter Fridays" -- will feature some of the best episodes from the 14 seasons TUF ran on the male-focused cable network. Spike also said in a press release they will air special-themed editions of TUF based on social media feedback.

When the UFC announced they had signed a deal with Fox, part of the seven year contract was moving the popular reality show to FX on Friday nights with live fights as opposed to taped. The next season of TUF begins on Friday, March 9th with UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber as coaches of teams of welterweights and lightweights.

However, Spike will also be counter-programming their future asset Bellator Fighting Championships, which comes to Spike in 2013. Bellator recently announced a move to Fridays on MTV2, making for a busy night of MMA to start the weekend. They also begin their new night on Friday, March 2nd with Spike.com airing the prelim fights.

2012 marks the final year of Spike's deal with the UFC, enabling them access to archive footage they have been using to counter-program UFC events on Fox and Versus.

Top Bottom