• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah pretty sure. That's how they've wrapped up GPs in the past.

I'm really gonna try to stay up for this one. It looks like there will barely be any MMA before they hit intermission, though. That's usually where I knock out.

Anyone else gonna stay up for the Super Bowl of The Bad MMA?

How many intermissions are there and how long are they? I'll try to watch some of it and record the rest. HDNET set 9 hours aside for it.

ShaneB

Watching the 141 countdown, and it reaffirms how much I love Cowboy. Blue collar ass kicker , can't wait to see him smash Diaz.

Heel

How many intermissions are there and how long are they? I'll try to watch some of it and record the rest. HDNET set 9 hours aside for it.

9 hours?! I won't even attempt that, haha. Usually just one around 30 minutes I think, but who knows for that card.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
all the fights have super long intro vids too. I wouldn't watch it if I couldn't skip all the extraneous shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe I'll follow in the footsteps of Brock and take a power nap between UFC and DREAM. Except mine would be voluntary.

ibrZojzBUQwrNU.gif

Unfortunately I think I'll have to skip the Dream event this year. 9 hours is too much and is sure to wipe my dvr clean. And all I'm interested in will prob only be about 30 minutes of mma. Basically I just wanna see how Aokie manages to cheat (or have the refs do it for him) this time around and the Fedor fight.

Also I was all excited to get Lesnar vs Overeem this weekend but found its at 10pm on a Friday. After getting up at 4:55am and working all day I'm not sure I can stay awake for that.

The reverse bout order for "DREAM: New Year! 2011" includes:

•Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii
•Champ Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka (for lightweight title)
•Champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi "Lion" Inoue (for featherweight title)
•Atsushi Sawada and Shinichi Suzukawa vs. Kazushi Sakuraba and Katsuyori Shibata (pro-wrestling match)
&#8226;Peter Aerts vs. Kazuyuki Fujita (pro-wrestling match) <--- Peter no!! I was thinking about going back to my Aerts avatar but now I'm not so sure. :/
&#8226;Jerome Le Banner vs. Tim Sylvia (pro-wrestling match)
&#8226;Yuichiro Nagashima vs. Katsunori Kikuno (mixed-rules bout)
&#8226;Josh Barnett vs. Hideki Suzuki (pro-wrestling match)
&#8226;Yuta Kubo vs. Nils Widlund (kickboxing match)
&#8226;Masaaki Noiri vs. Kengo Sonoda (kickboxing match)
&#8226;Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
&#8226;Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
&#8226;Karla Benitez vs. Megumi Fujii
&#8226;Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
&#8226;Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
&#8226;Yusup Saadulaev vs. Hideo Tokoro (bantamweight grand-prix reserve match)

yacobod

Banned
so there's at least 4 worked fights on that card, and i suspect at least half of the real fights will be worked as well. what a dubious and silly card.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Heavy Metal probably wouldnt be so bad for a guy that can actually fight. Clay "Heavy Metal" Guida sounds a lot cooler than Clay "Heavy Metal" Harvison.

yacobod

Banned
i seen that on sherdog a few months ago, no way is that guy 17. if he is, i hope he has a football scholarship lined up, because that would be a tragic waste of that kind of natural size. dude could be a DL or OL easy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If I were his size at age 17, I wouldn't even be thinking about MMA. Probably be on my way to some top flight school as a DE/OLB.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Holy crap that kid is a monster.

Top Bottom