• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

rvy

Banned
oUpUT.jpg

Don't fret that you didn't get your Hayabusa shirts under your trees, MMA-GAF.

So is Eddie Bravo a pothead or something? I'm listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with him and Ronda Rousey and he sounds like every stoned friend I've ever had.

EDIT: Joe Rogan never heard of Ender's Game? Whaaaaaaaa?!
Ya, seriously. I never read it but I've been told about it many times. How can you be a stoner and hang out with stoners and never hear about it.

Also the stuff about the rare minerals holding back technology; we're supposedly hitting peak rare earth before peak oil.

I fell asleep somewhere around there. Anything good happen after that?

TheNatural

My Member!
Merry Christmas MMA fans. I'm thinking of setting up a stream of some old PRIDE DVDs I got this past week, maybe we can get a streaming channel going for the new year and let people stream some stuff, and maybe a chat or something. It's been a hell of a year.

TheNatural

My Member!
Natural streaming Pride dvds?

ibsuJYEJTP1Dfb.gif

Hey, I don't hate PRIDE, I just hate talking all the time with people living in the past about it and maybe overrating some fighters. :p

I'm in the Christmas spirit, I love MMA of any kind, and even though there's some good arguing and trolling going on in here I would have a drink with anyone in here and go to a fight with. I may have to hit the hard stuff though if it's a Fedor fight though. :p

There's a plan, MMA meet up for 2012 in some city for some event. Maybe if we all troll Dana on Twitter long enough he'll give us a plane to go to Japan for a free show.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Uncle Dana will send his minions to take down your streams. Don't use justin.tv. They IP banned me (from even using the site) for streaming RDR. Quick IP change fixed it, but it was a little harsh.

TheNatural

My Member!
Uncle Dana will send his minions to take down your streams. Don't use justin.tv. They IP banned me (from even using the site) for streaming RDR. Quick IP change fixed it, but it was a little harsh.

ustream can probably handle it I think.

I don't understand myself. In the wrestling threads there are plenty of links to continuous streaming of WWE/F PPV's going back 20 years, I thought it would be nice for MMA to have something like that.

Merry Christmas MMA fans. I'm thinking of setting up a stream of some old PRIDE DVDs I got this past week, maybe we can get a streaming channel going for the new year and let people stream some stuff, and maybe a chat or something. It's been a hell of a year.
Did you already get your order? Was really tempted to grab some of those $9.99 dvds when you posted the link the other day, but I'm going into this new year with job uncertainties so I had to pass. Hopefully next time they're on sale I can grab a bunch. I've rented all of them via Netflix before but would be nice to own.

TheNatural

My Member!
Did you already get your order? Was really tempted to grab some of those $9.99 dvds when you posted the link the other day, but I'm going into this new year with job uncertainties so I had to pass. Hopefully next time they're on sale I can grab a bunch. I've rented all of them via Netflix before but would be nice to own.

No, I never got the one I was going to get. Something weird happened, because I never ordered from there before I tried to use my 15% new customer discount first and then add the 20%. It didn't work. Not only that, but there was no way to remove the 15% discount and opt for the 20% instead. Pretty dumb huh?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
nothing should surprise anyone in this thread. this thread is an elaborate troll inside a troll inside a troll.

Does that mean you typed that post while wearing a Karate gi and eating horse meat?

Is Arianny Celeste truly the octagon girl I'm longing for?

Has Heel never watched an XFC show?

Is Ninja Scooter actually Vadim Finkelstein?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Chamber just wait for all people turning to the Brock-side after he pounds out reem on friday.

Well I actually do like Brock and think he'll be wearing gold in 2012. Just that it's going to be diamond studded with a WWE logo in the center.

yacobod

Banned
what is the line on the brock/reem fight by the way?

bodog showing
reem -145
brock +115

so the lines are kinda even.

nate diaz looks like a pretty decent value bet at +220.

I have Cerrone picked to win on Xbox but yeah Diaz could definitely pull it off.

That would be awesome

Chamber just wait for all people turning to the Brock-side after he pounds out reem on friday.

Haha lol

dream

nothing should surprise anyone in this thread. this thread is an elaborate troll inside a troll inside a troll.

I was wondering why this thread has evolved into what it's become and I think I finally figured it out. At a time when we are being bombarded with joes vs joes and cards filled with names like Jim Miller and Heavy Metal Halverson fighting a horrific I-Lay-On-You-So-You-Can't-Lay-On-Me style, we are literally forced to entertain ourselves and each other.

Heel

DREAM: New Year! 2011
Date: Dec 31, 2011
Venue: Saitama Super Arena
Broadcast: HDNet

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii
Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Champ Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka (for lightweight title)
Yuichiro Nagashima vs. Katsunori Kikuno (mixed-rules bout)
Champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi "Lion" Inoue (for featherweight title)
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
Hideo Tokoro vs. Yusup Saadulaev (bantamweight grand-prix reserve match)
Karla Benitez vs. Megumi Fujii
Yuta Kubo vs. Nils Widlund (kickboxing match)
Masaaki Noiri vs. Kengo Sonoda (kickboxing match)
Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Aerts (pro-wrestling match)
Atsushi Sawada and Shinichi Suzukawa vs. Kazushi Sakuraba and Katsuyori Shibata (pro-wrestling match)
Josh Barnett vs. Hideki Suzuki (pro-wrestling match)
Jerome Le Banner vs. Tim Sylvia (pro-wrestling match)

inmtY2Xp5ceh3.gif

dream

Josh actually carried Timmy to one hell of a match and made Timmy look more dangerous than we know he really is.

JLB is no Josh though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
DREAM: New Year! 2011
Date: Dec 31, 2011
Venue: Saitama Super Arena
Broadcast: HDNet

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii
Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Champ Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka (for lightweight title)
Yuichiro Nagashima vs. Katsunori Kikuno (mixed-rules bout)
Champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi "Lion" Inoue (for featherweight title)
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari (bantamweight grand-prix semifinal)
Hideo Tokoro vs. Yusup Saadulaev (bantamweight grand-prix reserve match)
Karla Benitez vs. Megumi Fujii
Yuta Kubo vs. Nils Widlund (kickboxing match)
Masaaki Noiri vs. Kengo Sonoda (kickboxing match)
Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Aerts (pro-wrestling match)
Atsushi Sawada and Shinichi Suzukawa vs. Kazushi Sakuraba and Katsuyori Shibata (pro-wrestling match)
Josh Barnett vs. Hideki Suzuki (pro-wrestling match)
Jerome Le Banner vs. Tim Sylvia (pro-wrestling match)

inmtY2Xp5ceh3.gif

Aka the Super Bowl of Bad MMA!

But seriously, I always love having a Dream card right after a UFC card.

-MB-

LeBanner doing pro wrestling big WTF indeed.
Then I saw:

Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Aerts(pro-wrestling match)

An even bigger WTF at that !!!

Heel

Heel,

is the BW GP final also on the card?

Yeah pretty sure. That's how they've wrapped up GPs in the past.

I'm really gonna try to stay up for this one. It looks like there will barely be any MMA before they hit intermission, though. That's usually where I knock out.

Anyone else gonna stay up for the Super Bowl of The Bad MMA?

Top Bottom