• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Cousteau

ringing in the New Year on your ass with a broken nose.

priceless.

At this stage in his career he is fighting this level of competition.

yacobod

Banned
Fedor really crushed that asian can, perhaps he's settling back into his post Pride routine nicely.

and was that amazon blond that looks like puma sweded fedor's wife, or is that some translator?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fedor really crushed that asian can, perhaps he's settling back into his post Pride routine nicely.

and was that amazon blond that looks like puma sweded fedor's wife, or is that some translator?

Female boxer Natascha Ragosina. That's Fedor's side chick.

method=get&s=natascha-ragosina-and-fedor.jpg

method=get&s=natascha-ragosina-and-fedor-04-20-10-12-9-16-336.jpg

method=get&s=natascha-ragosina-and-fedor-04-20-10-12-8-59-24.jpg

yacobod

Banned
Knockout of the Night Award Winner Johnny Hendricks said:
"I think I belong where I'm at now, you know what I mean? I just beat the number two ranked guy. GSP couldn't do it in five rounds. B.J. Penn couldn't do it, love the guy to death, he couldn't do it. I just knocked the number two guy out in 12 seconds; you know what I'm saying? Where does that put me? Hopefully for a title, but if it doesn't, I'm going to have to go out there and prove it again."

troll-face-meme.png

MikeTyson

Banned
Overeem made Brock look like he never had a MMA fight in his life.

I wanna see Velasquez vs Overeem. Overeem has a weak chin, just good striking and defense to defend his chin.

Indeed. He's KO/TKOed 6 of 8 in the UFC.

I get why one of his only two decisions was against Roy Nelson. That guy is like Homer Simpson. But its hard to believe Shane Carwin is the other one.

yacobod

Banned
I get why one of his only two decisions was against Roy Nelson. That guy is like Homer Simpson. But its hard to believe Shane Carwin is the other one.

why carwin has a pretty good chin, and has never been ko'd in his career. he ate pretty good shots from gonzaga and jds. JDS has crumpled about everyone else he's faced.

MjFrancis

So when Diaz beats Condit, does Hendricks get a shot at the interim belt holder at that point? If Dana doesn't offer this, then why the hell not?

Hendricks v. Diaz would be fun. Hell, I'd see Hendricks beating GSP more than Diaz at this point. Maybe it's just because I'm riding the high that both of the shit-talking Diaz brothers have been dominant scrappers in the cage, but I think Hendricks has a better chance of taking out GSP through Condit rather than Diaz.

Heel

So when Diaz beats Condit, does Hendricks get a shot at the interim belt holder at that point? If Dana doesn't offer this, then why the hell not?

Hendricks v. Diaz would be fun. Hell, I'd see Hendricks beating GSP more than Diaz at this point. Maybe it's just because I'm riding the high that both of the shit-talking Diaz brothers have been dominant scrappers in the cage, but I think Hendricks has a better chance of taking out GSP through Condit rather than Diaz.

Hendricks vs. Ellenberger/Sanchez winner for #1 contender seems logical. Fitch losing solved a lot of problems at the top of 170.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

You're forgetting about Ellenberger who's done more to earn a shot than Hendricks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyone notice how 155 went from a logjam of title contenders to no longer having even a single obvious #1 contender? Guida, Cerrone, Siver, Guillard and Miller have all seen long win streaks come to an end in the last 5 months.

Diaz vs. Pettis/Lauzon winner for the next shot?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Maybe its my awful english but i didnt get Volkman joke at all.

Heel

Anyone notice how 155 went from a logjam of title contenders to no longer having even a single obvious #1 contender? Guida, Cerrone, Siver, Guillard and Miller have all seen long win streaks come to an end in the last 5 months.

Diaz vs. Pettis/Lauzon winner for the next shot?

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. That's the only fight that makes any sense.

There's plenty of guys on the come up to fill the void, though. Ferguson, Stout, Tibau, Volkmann etc. Gotta love 155.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Diaz Vs Lauzon would be damn awesome.

dream

Am I to understand that Freddy is back
where he belongs crushing overmatched cans shielded from the career ending beatings he would clearly take from top heavyweights like Sugar Cain and Junior and Frank Mir and Shane Carwin and goddammit maybe even Alistair which we know to be true because his miserable attempts at taking on C-level American heavyweights and B level American middleweights ended in Freddy losing by submission, TKO, and knockout in that order thus completely exposing the myth of the unbeatable man and causing him to turn tail and return to Japan for another shot at Hong Man Choi
?

Araxen

Banned
They really need to fire Hans on HDnet. The guy seems nice but he does a terrible job at translating. The entire thing with Inoki he barely said a word till The Voice and Kogan started getting on his case.

Top Bottom