• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

I don't know why anyone could hate Reem. He's got an awesome personality.

Dream, When I lived in Germany those little quirks are what I loved about people trying to speak English. It's more prevalent in Northern Euroland though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ibfLYotSJgY2j9.png

I vote this one.

No silly baseball or hockey or whatever the hell sport the Lions are.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
You know what I've come to love about Overeem? The fact that he speaks fluent English but he's from Holland so sometimes the things he says are just a little bit off. Like yesterday when he kept talking about Brock having a more diverse attack and saying "he had to upgrade himself" instead of "he had to improve" or whatever.

Wasn't Overeem born in England and lived there for a few years before moving to the Netherlands?

I'm sure he was able to get his English together in that time frame.

Heel

Hell alr1ghtstart's plain version is great to me too.

DLLOJ.png

I'll let everyone roll in and vote before we make a final pick. Feel free to come up with new ones if you're feeling creative guys.

Happy New Year!

dream

So why is fedor on there?

Because they know how much you hate him and how embarrassed you'll be when you have to have his face representing your words.

If they were truly cruel, they would cut out all the other guys and just use a picture of his head as your avatar.

dream is on fire in this thread. LOL.

I would even allow my dear friend yaco the use of one of my GSP avatars. I know how much he likes this one.

xXKyp.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I was having trouble sleeping, but one look at GSP, and I feel like I've taken a handful of Halcion tabs.

Thanks, and good night, Fightin'-GAF. Happy New Year.

TheNatural

My Member!
Haven't even went to sleep yet, my back is killing me.

FYI for those interested in MMA today with premium TV channels, apparently Fuel TV is having a 24 hour UFC marathon right now to kick off the new contract.

I think trading sleep for a 15 hour mma marathon gave me a sore throat.

I managed to get through most of it, sans a trip to the airport to drop off a friend, but fell asleep literally as Fedor was walking out. Didn't even get to see him can crush. It was fun but getting back to a normal schedule today was a pain.

So, I'm visiting home in Canada for the next couple of weeks. This means that I won't be seeing any of the content on FUEL/FX. Is there any Canadian equivalent? Where in Canada do I turn for the sort of stuff I'd have previously found on Spike throughout the week?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Goddamn, FuelTV has some of the worst on-screen program "bugs" I've ever seen. Gigantic logo in the top right and the clock on Unleashed stretches across the left side. Very distracting.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So, I'm visiting home in Canada for the next couple of weeks. This means that I won't be seeing any of the content on FUEL/FX. Is there any Canadian equivalent? Where in Canada do I turn for the sort of stuff I'd have previously found on Spike throughout the week?

Rogers Sportsnet shows all the UFC stuff that normally goes on Spike/Fuel/Ion/Whatever.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fuel is showing

UFC 79 (complete with horrendously overdubbed entrance music)
Chuck v Tito Bad Blood
Champions roundtable (repeat - Mir, Bones, Liddell, Forrest)
Unleashed (new - pretty much all fights from 2011, ending with Machida v Randy)
Ultimate KOs 9

then just repeating them all day

Fuel is showing

UFC 79 (complete with horrendously overdubbed entrance music)
Chuck v Tito Bad Blood
Champions roundtable (repeat - Mir, Bones, Liddell, Forrest)
Unleashed (new - pretty much all fights from 2011, ending with Machida v Randy)
Ultimate KOs 9

then just repeating them all day

If I ever get Fuel, I hope they show more complete events than Spike did. The Unleasheds are ok but I wanna see the things as they originally aired.

I was thinking that 2011 was a pretty depressing year In MMA for me. Way too many retirements.

BJ Penn
Hughes
CROCOP
Brock
Hamill
Randy

And I can see Wanderlai and Big Nog retire and even Rampage if he looses to Bader. Also Vitor, Anderson, Sonnen and Hendo are in their twilight years in MMA.

yacobod

Banned
you know it's funny, but i don't completely hate it. i can appreciate the sense of humor about it. i really only hate one of the fighters on there, and another has been a complete disappointment for the better part of the last 5 years.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
you know it's funny, but i don't completely hate it. i can appreciate the sense of humor about it. i really only hate one of the fighters on there, and another has been a complete disappointment for the better part of the last 5 years.

FDCHq.gif

TheNatural

My Member!

Better to be a has been than a never was.

Right Brock?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Who are you talkin' about?

i really only hate one of the fighters on there
GSP ?

and another has been a complete disappointment for the better part of the last 5 years
Machida?

TheNatural

My Member!
Nuts stat of the day:

I just looked at the MMA schedule. Except for the 11 days between February 4 and 15, and February 15 and 28, there is a Zuffa event EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. up until March 3rd to start year. That's not counting where they may schedule the next Strikeforce event, with Barnett and Cormier supposedly happening in the first half, as there's nothing scheduled after the Jardine/Rockhold fight next week.

Totally nuts, MMA out the ass this year. This thread is going to blow up in a hurry.

PS - Can someone post the Sherdog or whatever Pick 'em game? Since I thought I read it restarted on the New Year so a chance to get into it. Dunno if it's all MMA or just UFC.

Heel

Let's take a moment and reflect on Brock Lesnar's career using the ever-popular Heavyweight Rearview Mirror.

How legitimate was this guy? Did his illness truly change him?

I'm inclined to think that if he stuck around much longer he'd be the next Bob Sapp. Burst onto the scene in a big way but once his flaws were discovered it was game over. In the end he was a rookie and it showed.

Frank Mir stock just plummeted in my eyes. I don't care that he's on a win streak. Losses to Brock, Carwin and hittin' the stanky leg against 2011's Big Nog has revoked any claim he had on GOAT status. Sorry dream!

Couture gets a pass as he was 45 at the time he faced Brock. Although some would regard this as his prime. :)

Also, we all now know the great, stoic Fedor would've casted a right hook from hell, shattering ol' gunshy Brock's hype into a million pieces. Fact. Come at me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nuts stat of the day:

I just looked at the MMA schedule. Except for the 11 days between February 4 and 15, and February 15 and 28, there is a Zuffa event EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. up until March 3rd to start year. That's not counting where they may schedule the next Strikeforce event, with Barnett and Cormier supposedly happening in the first half, as there's nothing scheduled after the Jardine/Rockhold fight next week.

Totally nuts, MMA out the ass this year. This thread is going to blow up in a hurry.

PS - Can someone post the Sherdog or whatever Pick 'em game? Since I thought I read it restarted on the New Year so a chance to get into it. Dunno if it's all MMA or just UFC.
Is that a title fight? They gave Jardine a title shot? Over Mousasi? OVER GODDAMN MOUSASI?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Top Bottom