• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

SteveWD40

sexual Assault..
1.when you have drunk chicks in your bed passed out don't start screwing them
2. when they wake up to you screwing them and ask you to stop.don't continue for another 3 minutes till your done.

1 to 4 years in the slammer ..got what he deserved

Oo

Really putting the Sensual in Non-Consensual there...

I looked at records and went with decisions for the guys with way more experience and longer fights. Especially at 145, figure we'll see a lot of 15 minute fights.

dream

gina.jpg

What the hell?

TheNatural

My Member!
Everyone pour a 40 for the Mexicutioner tonight. It's his last dance.

Jorge Rivera (19-9 MMA, 7-7 UFC) has decided to call it a career after his fight with Eric Schafer (12-6-2 MMA, 3-5 UFC) tonight on UFC on FX 1.

The veteran announced the news today on MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

Rivera has often flirted with the idea but made up his mind recently.

"I've thought about this for a long time," Rivera said. "If I would have won my last fight, I would have walked away. But that's not how it worked out, and I just told myself I would leave no matter what happens.

"It's time to go. I'm starting to feel like that old man in the club trying to pick up chicks. It gets a little creepy after a while."

Rivera, 39, made his debut at UFC 44 with a decision over onetime middleweight challenger David Loiseau. Most notably, he went on a three-fight win streak in 2009-2010 that earned him a fight with division standout Michael Bisping. In a highly controversial meeting at UFC 127, Bisping delivered a blatantly illegal knee to a downed Rivera in the first frame before winning a second-round TKO. The Brit then spit at Rivera's cornerman (Bisping was later denied a discretionary bonus for the incident).

Tonight's fight, which takes place at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn., and airs live on FUEL TV, marks Rivera's 15th appearance inside the octagon. His current UFC record stands at 7-7.

UFC on FX's four-bout main card airs live on FX.

A father of three, Rivera said he has another child on the way and wants to focus on other things in life.

"I've had a great time," he said. "I absolutely love the fans. I love everything about this job. It's going to be hard to be away from it. And I hope to be back cornering somebody else, but this will be the last time I fight."

Although happy with his career, Rivera has regrets about his time in the UFC.

"I didn't take it as serious as I should have," he said. "I never saw everything taking place. I was just really happy to be there. I didn't take my training seriously. There's a lot of things I would go back and tell myself.

"If I had anything to do, I would probably say to myself, 'Become more well-rounded.' Wrestle more, do more jiu-jitsu. Work on the things that you're not as good at. Get with good trainers. There's a million things that I would do.

"Hindsight is 20-20, man. You're living in the moment, and you think you're doing all those things. It's only when it's past you that you realize what you had in front of you."

Ya, it's easy to get mixed up with so many events. I was excited to see Hatsu Hioki fight tonight but then was confused he wasn't on the Sherdog. He's actually next week or something.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Who is on it?
Middleweight Championship bout: Kendall Grove vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
Heavyweight Tournament Semi Final: Ryan Martinez vs. Cody Griffin
Heavyweight Tournament Semi Final: Jake Heun vs. Richard Odoms
Middleweight bout: Kaleo Gambill vs. Brent Schermerhorn
Women's (135 lbs.) bout: Sara McMann vs. Hitomi Akano

It's the perfect recipe of Bad MMA. A women's bout, TWO heavyweight bouts, and a Minowaman vs UFC reject fight to top it off.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ya, it's easy to get mixed up with so many events. I was excited to see Hatsu Hioki fight tonight but then was confused he wasn't on the Sherdog. He's actually next week or something.

I do remember Beltran's last fight. He lost to younger Crop Cop, Miocic, last year. Rivera lost to Philippou in August, totally don't remember that, but then again that was the Tito vs. Rashad PPV. Who remembers or cares about anything off of that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm honestly a little MMA'd out right now and mediocre cards, on paper, like tonight aren't really helping matters.

TheNatural

My Member!
Middleweight Championship bout: Kendall Grove vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
Heavyweight Tournament Semi Final: Ryan Martinez vs. Cody Griffin
Heavyweight Tournament Semi Final: Jake Heun vs. Richard Odoms
Middleweight bout: Kaleo Gambill vs. Brent Schermerhorn
Women's (135 lbs.) bout: Sara McMann vs. Hitomi Akano

It's the perfect recipe of Bad MMA. A women's bout, TWO heavyweight bouts, and a Minowaman vs UFC reject fight to top it off.

Where is it at? The last one I saw was in Hawaii in looked like some high school gym, seeing Arlovski almost losing to some mediocre boxer with no MMA skills. The venue is always good for some laughs.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm honestly a little MMA'd out right now and mediocre cards, on paper, like tonight aren't really helping matters.

Better enjoy it while it lasts, because in a little over a month there's going to be a month and a half gap between shows since the Montreal PPV was canned.

AiTM

Banned
I think Guillard v Miller is a great fight. Could put either one back on the road to a title fight where they were not too long ago.

Where is it at? The last one I saw was in Hawaii in looked like some high school gym, seeing Arlovski almost losing to some mediocre boxer with no MMA skills. The venue is always good for some laughs.
Haha, it was at the Blaisdell Center. A little higher up than a hs gym. I was there. Probably will skip tomorrow though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

According to Sherdog it's the same place!

ProElite
January 21, 2012
Neil S. Blaisdell Center,
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
grove vs. minowa should be on tonight's ufc card to make it suck a little less

i do like the ME but most of the card is a total dog (y i know it's free)

According to Sherdog it's the same place!

ProElite
January 21, 2012
Neil S. Blaisdell Center,
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Ya, it's pretty much the only place to have an event like that. I think I read that the UFC might try to come here, but I don't know where it would be. Probably at Aloha Stadium, although that's probably too big. Unfortunately all of our facilities are pretty old.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ya, it's pretty much the only place to have an event like that. I think I read that the UFC might try to come here, but I don't know where it would be. Probably at Aloha Stadium, although that's probably too big. Unfortunately all of our facilities are pretty old.

Well I'm guessing the only facilities you have are for Hawaii basketball and football. The stadium seems likely, thats where the Pro Bowl and Hawaii Bowl are.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
anyone know if any stations in canada are picking up the prelims since we don't get fuel ?
gonna suck after a year of HD facebook streams of prelims to have to watch them on sopcast

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
lol found a loophole for TWC people who don't have Fueltv. It looks like Fox deportes channel is airing the prelims, only catch is its in spanish.

Top Bottom