• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Sweet, It's Showtime 55 is going to be over before the UFC on FOX prelims begin. I thought the It's Showtime 55 card was going to run a lot longer and I'd have to switch back and forth between the two.

• It's Showtime 55, 3:00 pm-5:00 pm EST on HDNET. *see bottom of post for how to see it all live
  • UFC Evans vs Davis Prelims, 5:00 pm-8:00 pm EST on Fuel TV
  • UFC Evans vs Davis main card, 8:00 pm-10 pm EST on FOX
Fuck yeah, 7 hours of combat sports in HD.
It's Showtime 55 is fucking stacked, best kickboxing card in a while:

Undercard: (Part 1)
-70kg: Henri van Opstal vs. Hafid el Boustati
-70kg: Andy Ristie vs. Hinata Watanabe
-95kg: Sahak Parparyan vs. Mourad Bouzidi
-HW: Ricardo van den Bos vs. Ben Edwards
-73kg: L'houcine "Aussie" Ouzgni vs. Yohan Lidon (It's Showtime 73kg World Title Fight)
-HW: Melvin Manhoef vs. Tyrone Spon.g

Main card: (Part 2)
-HW: Michael Duut vs. Anderson "Braddock" Silva
-70kg: Harut Grigorian vs. Chris Ngimbi
-HW: Errol Zimmerman vs. Rico Verhoeven
-70kg: Murat Direkci vs. Robin van Roosmalen
-HW: Daniel Ghita vs. Hesdy Gerges (It's Showtime Heavyweight World Title Fight)
-HW: Badr Hari vs. Gokhan Saki (Last kickboxing fight of Badr Hari)

I can't believe Yohan Lidon's title fight, and Manhoef-Spon.g is on the undercard. How to watch:

Liverkick.com said:
USA/Canada:

HDNet - Part 1 live, Part 2 on February 3: The live broadcast on HDNet in the United States and Canada starts at 3:00 PM EST/12:00 PM PST. They are only broadcasting the Part 2 portion featuring Badr Hari vs. Gokhan Saki live. The Part 1 portion of the card featuring Tyrone Spon.g vs. Melvin Manhoef will be shown on HDNet on February 3.

Canada Only:

Fight Network - Full fight card live: The Fight Network will be broadcasting the entire fight card with all 12 fights. That means both Part 1 and Part 2 will be shown. The broadcast starts on this channel at 12:00 PM EST/9:00 AM PST.

Anywhere In The World (Except Netherlands and Belgium):

It's Showtime Live Stream - Full fight card live: It's Showtime will be offering a live stream of the event and it will also feature all 12 fights. The live broadcast of the It's Showtime stream also starts at 12:00 PM EST/9:00 AM PST. The stream costs 10 Euros, or $13.00 US. It can be purchased from www.showtimefights.com.

bone_and_sinew

As much as I'd like to watch the entire card, I probably won't be home until 3:00 pm anyway since I gotta work. It works out perfectly for me. Good for HDNet on airing Saki-Hari live, the undercard is strong enough to stand on its own but airing that fight live makes it must-watch appointment tv.

WAR SAKI!

Heel

Sweet, It's Showtime 55 is going to be over before the UFC on FOX prelims begin.

Perfect! I was worried about that. I've been looking forward to this forever. Can't wait.

Hopefully I can find somewhere to watch the undercard. Might as well buy the stream and support the awesomeness that is It's Showtime.

bone_and_sinew

You know, Mark Pavelich kinda looks like a younger Eric Bischoff:

pavelich-e1299181922818.jpg

Eric_Bischoff.jpg

After this fight, I want him to go into the ring and say "YOU'RE FIRED!".

Rings are absolutely terrible for mma. I don't understand why anybody still uses them. I know MFC is changing after this but to even have them now is dumb, unless you're Japan and love having people pull the ropes.

Heel

I'm assuming Douglas Lima was their best talent but he decided to jump ship and is going to take the belt from Funky Ben.

Yeah, that was definitely their best fighter. His brother Dhiego is Bloody Elbow's #2 welterweight prospect and just got exposed by a Strikeforce washout.

But on the bright side, they somehow fooled the UFC into taking Ryan Jimmo off their hands.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Does the kickboxing event tomorrow feature the best talent in the sport? My only exposure to kickboxing was watching that gaffer's friend get KOed during the Super Bowl of The Bad MMA.

Heel

Does the kickboxing event tomorrow feature the best talent in the sport? My only exposure to kickboxing was watching that gaffer's friend get KOed during the Super Bowl of The Bad MMA.

Yeah, this is high level kickboxing. The 4 heavyweights at the top of the card are all Top Tenners.

Ghita vs. Gerges is a rematch to an awesome fight from last year. Watch this.

bone_and_sinew

Yes. This is not Bad Kickboxing, this is legitimate elite-level kickboxing.

Spon.g, Saki, Hari, Gerges, Ghita are elite top 10 heavyweights in the world for sure. Errol Zimmerman is top 10 or borderline, Melvin Manhoef used to be top 10 but he's done more MMA recently and has a glass-jaw. Manhoef still goes balls-out though.

Hinata Watanabe and Robin van Roosmalen are top 10 155ers for sure. Chris Ngimbi is probably top 10 or borderline. Murat Direkci is a top 25er.

Heel

Yes. This is not Bad Kickboxing, this is legitimate elite-level kickboxing.

Spon.g, Saki, Hari, Gerges, Ghita are elite top 10 heavyweights in the world for sure. Errol Zimmerman is top 10 or borderline, Melvin Manhoef used to be top 10 but he's done more MMA recently and has a glass-jaw. Manhoef still goes balls-out though.

Hinata Watanabe and Robin van Roosmalen are top 10 155ers for sure. Chris Ngimbi is probably top 10 or borderline. Murat Direkci is a top 25er.

Wow, I didn't even see HINATA...and the second fight? This card is nuts.

You can probably put Verhoeven in the top 10 for the time being after beating Gerges last year, too.

bone_and_sinew

You can probably put Verhoeven in the top 10 for the time being after beating Gerges last year, too.
Yeah I forgot about him. The lack of K-1 and the weaker It's Showtime cards late last year made it hard to keep up with what happened with all the big names in kickboxing since they were fighting everywhere else.

Boogie

You post this and all I can see are two guys that will get beat by GSP.

aaaand there's really nothing to add to this.

There are only three things that will prevent GSP from beating Diaz: Recovery issues, ring rust, and Condit beating Diaz.

Diaz himself is not a factor.

Sweet, It's Showtime 55 is going to be over before the UFC on FOX prelims begin. I thought the It's Showtime 55 card was going to run a lot longer and I'd have to switch back and forth between the two.

• It's Showtime 55, 3:00 pm-5:00 pm EST on HDNET. *see bottom of post for how to see it all live
  • UFC Evans vs Davis Prelims, 5:00 pm-8:00 pm EST on Fuel TV
  • UFC Evans vs Davis main card, 8:00 pm-10 pm EST on FOX
Fuck yeah, 7 hours of combat sports in HD.
It's Showtime 55 is fucking stacked, best kickboxing card in a while:

Undercard: (Part 1)
-70kg: Henri van Opstal vs. Hafid el Boustati
-70kg: Andy Ristie vs. Hinata Watanabe
-95kg: Sahak Parparyan vs. Mourad Bouzidi
-HW: Ricardo van den Bos vs. Ben Edwards
-73kg: L'houcine "Aussie" Ouzgni vs. Yohan Lidon (It's Showtime 73kg World Title Fight)
-HW: Melvin Manhoef vs. Tyrone Spon.g

Main card: (Part 2)
-HW: Michael Duut vs. Anderson "Braddock" Silva
-HW: Errol Zimmerman vs. Rico Verhoeven
-70kg: Murat Direkci vs. Robin van Roosmalen
-HW: Daniel Ghita vs. Hesdy Gerges (It's Showtime Heavyweight World Title Fight)
-HW: Badr Hari vs. Gokhan Saki (Last kickboxing fight of Badr Hari)

I can't believe Yohan Lidon's title fight, and Manhoef-Spon.g is on the undercard. How to watch:

I can't wait for this. The return of Saki! I'm looking forward to it almost as much as seeing Davis make Rashad cry.

These fights are gonna be slobber knockers ..

-HW: Daniel Ghita vs. Hesdy Gerges
-HW: Badr Hari vs. Gokhan Saki

Melvin's just too small. I mean Sp*ng was fighting Overeem a year ago - Overeem vs. Manhoef would be absurd.

It didn't help that he rarely throws jabs and kept getting stuck against the ropes.

Got my Sherdog picks in. Got Weidman, Swanson, and Jacoby as my 'upset' picks. I have half a notion to do it for Davis and Lavar Johnson as well but I'm scurred.

Heel

Yeah, there's some really iffy fights on the undercard. I feel like these have a lot of upset potential:

Heavyweight bout: Mike Russow (-160) vs. John-Olav Einemo (+130)
Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson (-140) vs. George Roop (+110)
Lightweight bout: Michael Johnson (+195) vs. Shane Roller (-250)
Heavyweight bout: Joey Beltran (-225) vs. Lavar Johnson (+175)

I can't believe I'm boosting Chris Camozzi.

Top Bottom