• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ScOULaris

fantasy.sherdog.com/

Better hurry though. I think you only have till 3 and it closes for tonight's event.

I missed an event or two over the course of these busy last two weeks, so I guess I'm not going to bother for the rest of the year with Fantasy MMA. I really wish they had leaderboards for individual events as well as a cumulative leaderboard. :(

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Who did Bloodstain Lane have to barrage on twitter in order to get an on-air mention?

Wow, if internet trolls have that power, we need to get some MMA-GAFers mentioned on-air.

Jeroen Post > Bruce Buffer
I read somewhere that he's a dj, no surprise that Post is more festive and colorful.

Heel

Who did Bloodstain Lane have to barrage on twitter in order to get an on-air mention?

Wow, if internet trolls have that power, we need to get some MMA-GAFers mentioned on-air

I had Schiavello read my prediction on air for the last K-1 GP (under an inside joke name to make some friends laugh who were watching though, haha). Had Schilt beating Overeem...oops!

bone_and_sinew

Very very disappointing performance by Ngimbi. WTF was his stategy? Take a bunch of combinations and go for a flash knee ko?

bone_and_sinew

Yeah, WTF is up with that?. Oh well, that title and the HW title don't mean shit anyway. Everyone knows Petro is the king at 155.

edit: holy shit EROZIMAN!

bone_and_sinew

Shit, Hari made that look way too easy. I don't really like him but he's fun as hell to watch. Hope he lights up the boxing world, that sport could use a guy like him.

Fantastic fantastic card. I doubt the UFC card will top this.

BrettWeir

So, after 4 years of training, i received my purple tonight from non other than Royce Gracie. My (now Sifu) instructor received his black.

What an amazing night!

bone_and_sinew

dream

I don't want to say this in the other thread but I figure I'm amongst friends here.

I really liked Chael/Bisping and Rashad/1derful because I think Pro Elite 3 recalibrated my expectations and tastes.

I don't want to say this in the other thread but I figure I'm amongst friends here.

I really liked Chael/Bisping and Rashad/1derful because I think Pro Elite 3 recalibrated my expectations and tastes.

Ha yeah I just watched MFC before this so all and all it wasn't so bad.

bone_and_sinew

There was only 2 bad fights on this card, Homer vs JOE and the Maia fight. They were really really bad though.

Bisping/Sonnen was fine due to Bisping's strategy and the surprise that it was so close. Davis/Evans was more of an evaluation of their skills in preparation for the Bones fight than an actual fight between eachother.

The FOX cards have insanely high expectations though and we've yet to get something that compares to say, a Rio card, so there's always a sense of disappointment. I'd give it a C.

yacobod

Banned
Bisping/Sonnen was a good scrap because both guys were in shape to go hard for 15 minutes. They fought at a pretty awesome pace for 185#. Was pretty impressed with Bisping's defensive wrestling. Was a good fight.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There was only 2 bad fights on this card, Homer vs JOE and the Maia fight. They were really really bad though.

Bisping/Sonnen was fine due to Bisping's strategy and the surprise that it was so close. Davis/Evans was more of an evaluation of their skills in preparation for the Bones fight than an actual fight between eachother.

The FOX cards have insanely high expectations though and we've yet to get something that compares to say, a Rio card, so there's always a sense of disappointment. I'd give it a C.

in line with that they should call the terrible 143: EVALUATION OF THEIR SKILLS

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
well i will watch the ME. i think it's almost impossible to reasonably predict the outcome. unless conduit uses the cowboy strategy of just standing straight up and getting punched in the face. but i think he's a little smarter than cowboy

dream

I think I liked Rashad vs. 1derful because it quickly became so apparent that 1derful was so out of his depth, knew it, but still had to keep trying. It was a fun little character study of a fight.

TheNatural

My Member!

You must have a really high standard of bad.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think I liked Rashad vs. 1derful because it quickly became so apparent that 1derful was so out of his depth, knew it, but still had to keep trying. It was a fun little character study of a fight.

yeah it was pretty funny to see phil basically begging rashad to finish the fight at numerous points and rashad still couldn't do it. maybe if phil was a UFC LEGEND ten years past his prime

TheNatural

My Member!
I watched MFC last night.

Oh. Thought maybe you were going through a Fedor highlight reel lately.

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

dream

yeah it was pretty funny to see phil basically begging rashad to finish the fight at numerous points and rashad still couldn't do it. maybe if phil was a UFC LEGEND ten years past his prime

I think Rashad was trying to give the kid a moral victory so as to not completely demoralize him after that routing.

Heel

You know, if I was smart enough to stop picking main event underdogs I'd be winning the pick 'em pool. I need an intervention.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
So who does Dan Henderson fight now that both Anderson and Jones are booked? Maybe Thiago Silva? Winner of Rampage / Bader or Gustafson / Lil Nog?

Anyone interested in watching Carwin battle Lavar Johnson?

yacobod

Banned
i re-watched the Sonnen/Bisping fight at home out of curiosity. On TV with Rogan's commentary, I could totally see how some people could have scored the fight for Bisping. On my rewatch, I think it would have gave him the first 2 rounds, and Sonnen the 3rd round. Live I felt it was a close fight, but it had a different feeling on tv.

I think I'm done with going to live shows, it's better on tv and i don't have to sit with white trash.

Top Bottom