• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

I think Chamber should be making all of the PPV threads.

I just want to say that my first and only PPV thread was the greatest fight of all time. That cannot be a coincidence. I'll make another when my power is needed most.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
UaeAU.png

Jones Vs Evans: Finger Paint Mutha Humpers!

I call future dibs on the UFC in Hawaii thread.

Then again I am kinda lazy about shit like that so probably will end up not doing it. Especially if I'm going to the show.

variety is the spice of life. i think any of the regulars should be able to make a thread.
yeah srsly, I don't know where this "Chamber is the only one allowed to make threads" thing came from.. First OP I did for a UFC was fucking 106 and Chamber didn't even post in that shit

Heel

yeah srsly, I don't know where this "Chamber is the only one allowed to make threads" thing came from.. First OP I did for a UFC was fucking 106 and Chamber didn't even post in that shit

It's like, my opinion, man. You guys can fight over it all you like.

Can anyone deny that Chamber makes consistently good threads? Fight odds, videos, times, links, Bisping getting KO'd etc.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
because threadmaking is srs bsns as you've established

I called dibs on 145. Nothing else I've posted on this page is "srs bsns". I'll be sure to start using /sarcasm on all joke posts from now on though.

he was pretty salty when i made 143 too, missing 2 OTs in row young Chamber's got separation anxiety. should defer 145 to him, or we may have problems.

That's because you make OPs specifically to troll certain fighters. See: this thread.

yacobod

Banned
Who's trolling, who's serious, who cares?

---
and i stand by my UFC 143 thread, it was packed to the gils with pertinent information, schedule, ton of promotional links, betting odds, and good humor. not my problem some people aren't down with the 209.

Heel

Well, as MMA-GAFs unwavering fence rider, I ask that I be in charge of making the next OT.

I want everyone to work together and collaborate on a new OP that sets a tone that we all can agree with. Plus, I'm always posting a weekly MMA schedule so it would make the OP useful again.

Is that okay, guys? We'll all have a part in it.

Who's trolling, who's serious, who cares?

This should be MMA-GAFs official slogan.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, as MMA-GAFs unwavering fence rider, I ask that I be in charge of making the next OT.

I want everyone to work together and collaborate on a new OP that sets a tone that we all can agree with. Plus, I'm always posting a weekly MMA schedule so it would make the OP useful again.

It depends. Did you post in the UFC 106 thread?

yacobod

Banned
I want to ask a serious question. once a thread reaches a certain size, let's say 1,000 posts, does anyone really give a shit what is in the OP? sport thread OPs historically in the stickied variety are usually made for the regulars and are typically filled with inside jokes and would more than likely be considered troll worthy.

do you really think someone has actually stumbled into the mixed martial arts thread and decided they want to go back to the beginning and learn something? do you really think mma is going to attract new fans that are going to come on gas to read up on it?

serious questions demand serious answers.

As long as someone makes the OT, I don't really care. I appreciate the Bad MMA schedules that Heel posts, so ya, that sounds good to me. Thematically it also makes sense, since we went from two extremes with Boogie and yaco. What will come after the Heel era though?

Heel

I want to ask a serious question. once a thread reaches a certain size, let's say 1,000 posts, does anyone really give a shit what is in the OP? sport thread OPs historically in the stickied variety are usually made for the regulars and are typically filled with inside jokes and would more than likely be considered troll worthy.

do you really think someone has actually stumbled into the mixed martial arts thread and decided they want to go back to the beginning and learn something? do you really think mma is going to attract new fans that are going to come on gas to read up on it?

serious questions demand serious answers.

Well, the plan is to make the OP useful and agreeable. A lot of the long-time posters don't like where the thread is going.

I'm already planning a "Top 10 Bob Sapp Moments of All Time" column and an evolving "Top 10 Best Bad MMA Promotions" ranking system.

Also reserved space for dream's "Who the fuck is ____?" where he details why MMA needs personality and gimmicks to help people remember names, and Chambers "Why I like Brittney Palmer and How I Plan to Let Her Know"

agrajag

Banned
I want to ask a serious question. once a thread reaches a certain size, let's say 1,000 posts, does anyone really give a shit what is in the OP?

No! I appreciate the hard work people put in the OTs, but in all honesty, I probably read the OP one time, the best part of OT's is the back and forth banter and commentary on the fights as they unfold. I usually am not able to watch the fights as they happen, but I enjoy going back through the thread and reading everyone's reactions. And of course the discussion keeps going way after the card is over. So yeah, the OP doesn't matter too much IMO.

he was pretty salty when i made 143 too, missing 2 OTs in row young Chamber's got separation anxiety. should defer 145 to him, or we may have problems.
I just found it odd when he said "I make the fuckin threads around here, period!" like it's how things have always been when the first thread he ever made for an event was last October. On it's own, whatevz it's a joke but it's a recurring thing now which made me start thinking he was serious and I was just puzzled to know where that came from when he's a relatively new face to MMA GAF. I don't have my nonexistent panties in a bunch over it, it's just odd to me.

Oh and Parrot: Fuel was great, def worth a watch.

agrajag

Banned
Good card. Sanchez/Ellenberger was an awesome fight, everyone agrees it should've been five rounds. Diego 'Van Helsing' Sanchez's entrance was epic.

Diego 'Van Helsing' Sanchez's entrance was epic.
Yeah people want to spin the "Vampire Hunter" angle to make it appear awesome, I found it sad and saw it as someone who had to double down on his religion in order to keep his own personal demons at bay and that's without even addressing the hypocrisy of fighting someone in the name of Jesus like a lot of fighters do. Kinda like Benicio del Toro in 21 Grams with the "Jesus Saves" truck.

Heel

Speaking of DEEP, I'm changing my Bad MMA Fight of the Week. Just saw this...

PRIDE legends Daijiro Matsui (12-24 -5) and Hiromitsu Kanehara (19-24-3) are fighting. In 2012. Amazing.

dream

Impossible. Completely impossible. Not until everyone agrees that Rush is a blight on the sport. That right there illustrates how far apart we are on a philosophical level.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Yeah people want to spin the "Vampire Hunter" angle to make it appear awesome, I found it sad and saw it as someone who had to double down on his religion in order to keep his own personal demons at bay and that's without even addressing the hypocrisy of fighting someone in the name of Jesus like a lot of fighters do. Kinda like Benicio del Toro in 21 Grams with the "Jesus Saves" truck.

religion_and_moneyvh3tj.jpg

Top Bottom