• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

sien916 said:
It's safe to say the Strikeforce prelims top BAMMA and Bellator's main cards. That card is loaded.
Yeah, I was telling someone the other day that if the Strikeforce card was the top 3 prelim fights and Jacare vs. Rockhold I'd be totally cool with that. Haven't heard anything about the commentators...hopefully Schiavello/Bas.

Heel

BigKaboom2 said:
Yeah, I was telling someone the other day that if the Strikeforce card was the top 3 prelim fights and Jacare vs. Rockhold I'd be totally cool with that.

I know right? Really excited to see Pezao, Romero and Mein test themselves. I could see all 3 winning.

Heel

"People are definitely going to remember this fight."

Yeah Quadros, for all the wrong reasons. This was a title fight?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
parasight said:
I've never actually watched BAMMA before. The presentation of this show is horrendous.
I really really hate when they cut to the stand shot and stay there for 5 minute intervals.

Heel

parasight said:
I've never actually watched BAMMA before. The presentation of this show is horrendous.

To be fair, they're presenting for UK television not Facebook. It's probably a lot more seamless there. But yeah, it's no UFC that's for sure.

painey

bone_and_sinew said:
I really really hate when they cut to the stand shot and stay there for 5 minute intervals.

in the UK they are showing adverts, the internet stream obviously doesn't have them so they just have a stationary shot

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's been a while since I've seen Trigg fight, I don't remember his back being that tatted up. I guess it's since there was always someone on it.

/mandatory Frank Trigg rear-naked choke joke.

Jezbollah

parasight said:

I'm glad you didnt see the earlier BAMMAs.. because this event is the best presented I've seen of any of their shows.

The cardio shown in that middleweight title fight was embarrassing. Even more was the fact they called it a fight for the ages..

parasight

bone_and_sinew said:

On the Canadian network (Fight Network) they went to commercials, came back to announce the decision and went back to commercials. The decision announcement wasn't even a minute long.

Jezbollah

sazabirules said:
Do you guys think Aoki will ever fight in the UFC?

He'll have to swallow a lot of his own pride (pardon the pun) to do that - he's been very vocal saying JMMA was superior to the UFC (never mentioned Strikeforce etc).

Top Bottom