• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Don't worry, it's not the midwest. It's Fargo, North Dakota. Totally doesn't count.
fargo09.jpg

I want Evans to tear his frikin head off, fuck Jones. I was one of his biggest fans until he got super cocky and thinks he's the best. If Evans cant beat him then i hope he moves up to HW and gets Rocked by an ovreem of JDS.

To be honest if I destroyed Rampage, Machida and Shogun in my last three fights then i'd be pretty cocky too.

That was such a genuinely bad mma session that it was actually fun. Intermissions due to lack of ambulances, gassing/quitting after two minutes due to nut shots, commentators reading insults over the air, video straight out of a 1982 Wresltemania VHS tape, morbidly obese heavyweights, it was special. Lots of laughs from the chat.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
lol good times.

The U Stream chat was better than the event. You'd be surprised how many jokes you can make about a guy named "Mean Bean" with Sherman Pendergarst's training partners. Even the commentators were getting in on it.

At the main event, I honestly thought "Mean Bean" was going to win by UD, so i kept cheering Leo "Smelly" Kuntz and he won a SD lol. He got a Legend FC contract while "Mean Bean" will have to do a Tachi Palace undercard.

I was only successful in one nickname which was for Charles "Spread em" Cheeks III. Everyone in the chat adopted that during the fight lol.

ScOULaris

Man, I'm really pumped for 144 this coming Saturday. Aside from the title fight, you know what fight I think is guaranteed to deliver the goods?

This one right here:

DiN7s.png

I don't know who to root for, honestly. Love them both.

Mayhem has been matched up against C.B. Dolloway (who i swore was cut last summer) at UFC 146. Sure hope Mayhem can keep from gassing instantly.

Balehead

Her ass is on par with mine, which isn't much of a compliment. These ring girls are dropping like flies in my eyes. More is less when it comes to exposure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a feeling they're not going to fix this facebook login problem on the pickem anytime soon, thus I'm locked out. You are all lucky.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm not responding to these classless trolls on my soul mate. I simply think the topic of what makes a good ass deserves some discussion.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
M-1 is returning in 1 month for Bad MMA. Alex Lenko is on the card, maybe in a title fight?

March 16, 2012. St. Petersburg, Russia.:
Jeff Monson (42-13) vs Alexey Oleinik (33-8-1)
(c) Yasubey Enomoto (9-3) vs Rashid Magomedov (16-1). This is a welterweight title bout.
Alexander Emelianenko (18-5) vs (c) Kenny Garner (8-3)*
Shamil Zavurov (18-2) vs Alexander Yakovlev (18-3)
Marat Gafurov (4-0) vs David Kozma (7-2)

*Kenny Garner is the interim (lol) M-1 Heavyweight Champion. It's not clear if this is a title fight.

It won't be on Showtime either.

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/02/17/five-great-matches-added-to-m-1-challenge-31-oleinik-vs-monson/

Oh and please send me an Arianny pm.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Mayhem has been matched up against C.B. Dolloway (who i swore was cut last summer) at UFC 146. Sure hope Mayhem can keep from gassing instantly.

IMO I think Mayhem should drop to Welterweight or hire a strength and conditioning coach and add muscle to his frame for Middleweight. Still should be interesting seeing two guys duke for a desperate win. Let's see if Mayhem really stepped up his striking.

@DanaWhite
For the UFC 147 card May 16th in Vegas we just signed Edson Barboza vs Evan Dunham!! #funfight

This gon be good! Etim/Barboza was pretty tame until the big KO. I can totally see Dunham taking this, but you never know with Barboza as he can land fight ending strikes out of the blue.

Heel

I can totally see Dunham taking this, but you never know with Barboza as he can land fight ending strikes out of the blue.

Yeah, I love watching Barboza fight but his style makes for close fights. He's going to drop a decision sooner or later. If he didn't land that last second kick on Njokuani it would've happened already.

@robnashville - On the King Mo situation, hearing from those close to him he's in a bad situation. He got injured in the Larkin fight, had to get another ACL. There were complications and he ended up with a very bad staph infection that was life threatening, and nearly required amputation. Mo had to have 5 surgeries in 12 days before staph was gone. Currently he's taking an iv directly into his heart every day for six weeks. Making the situation even worse, this was a recurrence of same injury within 18 months, so Zuffa/SF insurance won't cover the ACL surgery or the subsequent follow-ups for the staph. Mo is/will have to come out of pocket on medical bills that may well reach into six figures.

Top Bottom