• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Holy fuck. I (sports) hate King Mo but I hope the dude recovers. Forget an MMA career, just hope he lives a regular life.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Making the situation even worse, this was a recurrence of same injury within 18 months, so Zuffa/SF insurance won't cover the ACL surgery or the subsequent follow-ups for the staph. Mo is/will have to come out of pocket on medical bills that may well reach into six figures.

I LOVE HEALTH INSURANCE

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yeah, they seem to throw cash around like it's nothing. Surely they can foot the bill.

He might be able to sue due to the "complications" if there is fault with the care.

Heel

@FrontRowBrian - Just got off the phone w/ @KingMoFH. He's in Detroit w/ friends. He wants to make it clear he's feeling well & is NOT in any financial peril. @KingMoFH still has a PICC line to his heart though. PICC =peripherally inserted central catheter. Mo says he'll be back training in 6 wks. @KingMoFH also wants to make it clear he's very happy with Zuffa's medical insurance and his out of pocket expense was minimal. King Mo did confirm @robnashville's report that he was in danger of having his leg amputated.

I think it's pretty funny that this guy has been breaking more news than any "real" MMA journalist for weeks now.

Oh good. I knew they'd come through. If not out of the goodness of their hearts, but at least to avoid the terrible publicity. Especially right after that ESPN story.

Heel

Oh good. I knew they'd come through. If not out of the goodness of their hearts, but at least to avoid the terrible publicity. Especially right after that ESPN story.

Lorenzo just spent $1.1 million on a pair of Ali gloves. They'd catch hell if they didn't take care of him, haha.

Maybe they should set aside that kind of money for random drug testing?

Potential gif material in this Rampage interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hd2QJx2NZ7o#t=6m30s

You know he’s got good jiu-jitsu because he’s so biased against jiu-jitsu guys. You can hear it in his voice. Whenever a guy is a jiu-jitsu fighter he’s playing rusty trombone. I don’t think you should talk down, you should be neutral. When I used to fight in PRIDE, watch Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros on commentary. Those guys were my good friends and you couldn’t even tell when they were doing commentary. We hung out outside of work sometimes, we were good friends but when I fought they weren’t biased towards me. They did their job. They weren’t biased towards skills or anything like that. That’s the way it should be. Sometimes you can hear him because Joe Rogan has one of those girly high-ass voices. I just wanna tell him to shut the fuck up sometimes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0051_txjg5.gif

AiTM

Banned
Rampage is being a bitch about Rogan. Somebody is mad because he got choked out. Rogan goes out of his way to try and be fair to fighters. You arent exciting Rampage, you havent been in years. You are a boring striker who can no longer finish people.

GSP got his shit paid for by his government.

Pshh he came to a place where the Doctors are the best because they get paid like it.

Heel

This DEEP event is amazing so far. Guy just came out to a live version of Black Rob's "Whoa" followed by Diddy's "Bad Boy For Life" and KO'd a guy in 10 seconds. Is this 2012 or 2002?

20120219061136_120218194507.JPG

TheNatural

My Member!
Rampage is being a bitch about Rogan. Somebody is mad because he got choked out. Rogan goes out of his way to try and be fair to fighters. You arent exciting Rampage, you havent been in years. You are a boring striker who can no longer finish people.

Pshh he came to a place where the Doctors are the best because they get paid like it.

Rampage hates everyone depending on what type of mood he is in. People can have their gripes about Rogan, but I think he's a good color guy, especially when you hear some of the shit in other sports. I mean, if we had to listen to Joe Buck and Jay Glazer call MMA fights instead of Goldberg and Rogan, would anyone in their right mind take that trade? Other sports have some really fucking bad commentators. I would say MMA is the cream of the crop as far as most commentary goes.

TheNatural

My Member!
Man this thread has turned to shit waiting 3 weeks before PPV. Ass vs. ass, which dude has a more accurate blowjob imitation, Hank Hill ass photoshops. I hate to see what will happen after this Saturday's show wit ha big ass PPV layoff. If this thread gets into hentai photoshops like the wrestling thread did, I swear to you on Fedor's (career) grave, I will go administrator and scorch this thread from the earth.

Denzel is disgusted at you guys.

Heel

Golden Glory Declares War on K-1

Golden Glory is going to sue K-1 and try to force the Japanese company into bankruptcy at last, an executive of the Dutch martial arts organisation claimed today. Bas Boon, a senior manager with Golden Glory, sent an email to Fighters Only detailing his outrage with K-1 and his plans to avenge what he sees as a litany of shady actions and bad-faith negotiations.

Top Bottom