• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Eric Hall

Looks like the UFC taking a few months off did the PPVs some good. Unofficial UFC 146 card:

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez
Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
Dan Hardy vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann

No duds.

I can't wait to see both Dan Hardy and Mayhem get cut following losses. Well, Dan Hardy still might not

But if that does become the official card, that looks really good. Considering UFC 145 doesn't look that great outside of JBJ/Evans and the man with the best chops in MMA, Chad Griggs, on it

yacobod

Banned

my early picks subject to change :)

tass0

Banned
Looks like the UFC taking a few months off did the PPVs some good. Unofficial UFC 146 card:

No duds.

Dis card omg.

AiTM

Banned

lol Dana is dead set on getting Roy to go to 205, one way or the other. Keeps putting him up against giants of the division. Only thing that sucks about this is MMA math tells me if Cormier can KO bigfoot, that Big Country def can. Which means its gonna give him an excuse to stay a fatass.

Heel

My predictions will be that the final 146 card ends up looking nothing like that due to fighter injuries.

i3pKWLsey91S2.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dude is delusional and needs to STFU. If signing autographs as the champion before winning the title doesn't make you "cocky" than I don't know what does. I hope Hashad destroys him. As a Hashad hater myself, I hope he pulls it off.

man you just love continuing to be disappointed don't you

Heel

sien, from one friend to another: get at least the 32GB model.

I will do that friend. Going to wait until it's on Amazon (no sales tax and I have some gift codes that could be put to good use) and check it out in person in the meantime. I've never even played with an iPad, haha.

By the way, wait until you guys see how this OT3 is shaping up. People has no idea how dark I am in my head sometime.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hope the loser of Cain vs. Mir fights Werdum.

And I wonder what the situation will be for the winner of Cormier vs. Barnett. The world's first loser and winner leave town match?
Chances are Cormier will end up fighting Mark Hunt or Pat Barry.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
For some reason, the GP winner is fighting one more time in Strikeforce. I guess Showtime just wants to milk it further.

industrian

For some reason, the GP winner is fighting one more time in Strikeforce. I guess Showtime just wants to milk it further.

Maybe I'm not Mr. Current Events, but I thought they were 86ing their HW division after the GP final.

Who would they be fighting? Keith Jardine?

sien, from one friend to another: get at least the 32GB model.

Yup I got the 64GB coming to me. So hyped.

Man I am still bummed about the Edgar rematch. People tell me "bubububut Edgar gave BJ and Praynard rematches so it's only fair" and I'm all like fuck you; the first BJ fight had some funny judging going on and the first Praynard title fight was a draw.

SteveWD40

Awesome card is awesome. Hope to see Sass prove his "one-trick" really is that good.

industrian

I'm torn on the main fight. I like both fighters. My heart says Overeem, brain says Dos Santos.

But Mir is definitely taking Cain to school.

Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham (by decision, no crazy KOs happening here I don't think)
Dan Hardy vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig (worst matchup for Hardy in the whole division)
Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann (boring fitch style fight incoming)

SteveWD40

Hardy: I know it's the fashion to call him a bum now, but he did demolish Swick, survive 5 rounds of GSP crawling all over him and then go on to lose to the current interim champ, Andre the Giant and then box one of the best boxers at WW. Ludwig got gifted a decision against Nick Osipczak...

If Dan has improved leaps and bounds from training in the US full time / trianing with guys like GSP, Mir etc... and can come in and not go "Wand" swinging madly for the fences again then he should deal with Ludwig. If he comes in to do his "throw down and see who falls first" act then fuck him frankly, he is beyond help.

industrian

Lenne Hardt has also signed a deal with ONE FC too. It's quickly becoming the Bad MMA port of call.

gatisimo

I heard this story once of this football player who, whenever he scored, just handed the ball to the ref.

Wow, I can't believe we've reached the point where someone would speak of Barry Sanders in a way that makes him sound like an old timer.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Bellator 60

Pre televised fights start at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com
Televised fights start at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET on MTV 2, HD on Epix
Post televised fights start at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com

Tachi Palace Fights 12: Second Coming

Starts at 5:30 PM PT / 8:30 PM ET, free on Sherdog.com

The Ultimate Fighter Live

Starts at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET on FX (Note: Replay at 10:30 PM PT / 1:30 AM ET)

SUNDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Super Fight League 1 featuring Heel's Bad MMA Fight of the Week: Bob Sapp vs. James Thompson

Starts at 5:45 AM PT / 8:45 AM ET, free on YouTube.com

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Tashin Kohiruimaki vs. Ben Abbott (Frday, Rings: Reincarnation)
Shinichi Kojima vs. Nam Jin Jo (Saturday, Shooto: 3rd Round)
Kiyotaka Shimizu vs. Haruo Ochi (Saturday, Shooto: 3rd Round)
David Heath vs. Sidiah Parker (Saturday, King of the Cage: Breakthough)
Tyler East vs. Tracy Willis (Saturday, King of the Cage: Breakthough)
Vanessa Porto vs. Jennifer Maia (Saturday, Pink Fight 2)

ShaneB

The TUF premiere is going to be awesome. Lots of fights in 2.5 hours. Although, fuck Sportsnet... why put that on FX Canada?! nonsense. I mean I like CHL hockey on friday nights, but come on!

Heel

The WORST MMA

Haha, as great as that fight is, I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn on a weekend to watch. Hopefully they archive their stream on YouTube.

Also, Bellator's season debut is great and all, but there is no way in hell I'm missing TPF. Phil Baroni commentary and the best cans California has to offer takes priority. I think I'm going to watch that live and catch the TUF replay after.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If cain doesn't blast his skull into the orbit.
The MMA-GAF version of Frank Mir actually has an iron chin that would make Dan Henderson and Shogun blush and has no history of being bullied around by wrestlers. Clearly, he's going to walk through Cain.

TheNatural

My Member!
My picks:

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My picks:

Cheater.

Good news everyone - Shamar Bailey is fighting tomorrow on the Bellator prelims. We getting a (really) Bad MMA chat together for that? Also, got dang @ McCorkle weighing in at 285. I knew he was a big boy but I didn't realize he was that big.

industrian

Also, got dang @ McCorkle weighing in at 285. I knew he was a big boy but I didn't realize he was that big.

He's got weight issues. I think every single one of his fights since being cut by the UFC have been Super Heavyweight.

I think it's a hard drive issue. Have you tried running windows recovery? Or if you have a flash drive download Ubuntu onto it and see if you can get the computer up and running.

I posted this in the other thread too.
Thanks! Ok, I will attempt that this weekend; didn't have time last night and probably won't till tomorrow night. I was going to try to swap out the RAM but I'll go with the windows recovery or reinstall first.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally watching the alves kampmann card, whats the deal with the sudden victory 4th round thing?

Top Bottom