• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ShaneB

So what is the format for the TUF premiere? 16 fights in 2.5 hours is a tight schedule. That's a 10 minute block per fight. Are the fights just 1 round affairs? I'm pretty sure I remember the fights to get in the house were 2 rounds before.

Well, whatever the format is, I'm excited as hell for this premiere and the sheer amount of fights in such a short time frame. Going to be some fantastic fights, and no doubt some insane finishes.

MjFrancis

When is the Korean zombies' next fight? And who?
In addition to Chan Sung Jung's fight with Poirier I'm interested to see how Cerrone takes on Stephens in the co-main event. Sure, it won't be anywhere near as great as UFC 146 is promising to be, but it's a long time coming to see if Chan Sung Jung can continue his rampage across the UFC or if Cerrone is going to get back on top of his game after being on the losing end of one of the most one-sided decisions I've ever witnessed.

Eric Hall

In addition to Chan Sung Jung's fight with Poirier I'm interested to see how Cerrone takes on Stephens in the co-main event. Sure, it won't be anywhere near as great as UFC 146 is promising to be, but it's a long time coming to see if Chan Sung Jung can continue his rampage across the UFC or if Cerrone is going to get back on top of his game after being on the losing end of one of the most one-sided decisions I've ever witnessed.

I still don't know what Cerrone was doing in the fight. He just sat there and ate punches. He could have at least done some takedowns or something

yacobod

Banned
The next Sherdog event is over a month away (4/14). Feels bad man.

Look at it as an opportunity to enjoy life friend. You can spend your Friday and Saturday nights doing something productive instead of sitting in bad mma chat with a group of low lifes :) watching bum fights.

Look at it as an opportunity to enjoy life friend. You can spend your Friday and Saturday nights doing something productive instead of sitting in bad mma chat with a group of low lifes :) watching bum fights.
I think we're still going to do that every weekend, just not playing the sherdog pool.

My computer is still fucked though, so I'm probably out for whatever Bad MMA Sien has lined up this weekend.

8OKgs.jpg

MjFrancis

I still don't know what Cerrone was doing in the fight. He just sat there and ate punches. He could have at least done some takedowns or something
It was kind of surreal. Did you watch Riki Fukuda v. Steve Cantwell on the UFC 144 prelims? Cantwell did the same thing, only with a much more forgiving opponent. Both Cerrone and Cantwell just froze. They seemed to be in deep contemplation about their next move, all the while every punch reset their thought process, ruined their concentration and they get stuck in an infinite feedback loop where they just keep getting hit in the face.

Over and over and over again.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Hahah agreed. I mean props to Nate for proving who has the better standup but it was almost like watching a bad fixed fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
Sorry guys, it's Madness time baby. My favorite time of year, the NCAA Tourney. Conference tourneys all this week so far, so good. Next three weeks, the NCAA Tourney.

Sorry guys, it's Madness time baby. My favorite time of year, the NCAA Tourney. Conference tourneys all this week so far, so good. Next three weeks, the NCAA Tourney.

College basketball is worst than high school basketball. A bunch of dudes with no skill just passing the ball around.

TheNatural

My Member!
College MMA? Frat DudeBros fighting for the name of their school? My new million dollar idea if Tag Team MMA doesn't hit big.

Knew a dude that would have a boxing club at the basement of his dorm. Pretty big guy and he taped it, and this 5'5 dude wanted to try it and he immediately got punched in the face and knocked out. Funny shit.

Heel

Me! In the next OP will you update it with the latest Bad MMA weekend schedule? Sometimes I have trouble finding the latest one.

Speaking of Bad MMA, what time do Bellator prelims start on Spike.com?

Yep, new OP will have a constantly updating schedule. Here's this weekend's:

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Bellator 60

Pre televised fights start at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com
Televised fights start at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET on MTV 2, HD on Epix
Post televised fights start at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com

Tachi Palace Fights 12: Second Coming

Starts at 5:30 PM PT / 8:30 PM ET, free on Sherdog.com

The Ultimate Fighter Live

Starts at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET on FX (Note: Replay at 10:30 PM PT / 1:30 AM ET)

SUNDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Super Fight League 1 featuring Heel's Bad MMA Fight of the Week: Bob Sapp vs. James Thompson

Starts at 5:45 AM PT / 8:45 AM ET, free on YouTube.com

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Tashin Kohiruimaki vs. Ben Abbott (Frday, Rings: Reincarnation)
Shinichi Kojima vs. Nam Jin Jo (Saturday, Shooto: 3rd Round)
Kiyotaka Shimizu vs. Haruo Ochi (Saturday, Shooto: 3rd Round)
David Heath vs. Sidiah Parker (Saturday, King of the Cage: Breakthough)
Tyler East vs. Tracy Willis (Saturday, King of the Cage: Breakthough)
Vanessa Porto vs. Jennifer Maia (Saturday, Pink Fight 2)

Werdum vs. Russow in Brazil, love that matchup.

Haha, any kind of hype behind Russow is about to be derailed. Werdum is better in every category if you ask me. He's like B-grade Big Country.

SO much Bad MMA this weekend.

It officially is March Badness.

also, :bow to Heel for putting Pacific time first. PT on the left, ET on the right; just like a map of the US. The way it should be.

Heel

Yeah! Can we pick a schedule for the nerd chat with no spoilers please?

My vote is Tachi Palace Fights + TUF replay. :)

Heel

Fucking Sherdog streams never work for me, they have some shitty "Flowplayer" streaming tech that doesn't play nice with Macs.

Ahhh. Well, Tachi got moved to 6:30 PT / 9:30 ET, so the chat can get a good 2 1/2 hours of Bellator prelims and main card in before it starts.

Up to you guys though, I'm down for whatever as long as there's no spoilers for what we're not watching.

See you guys in a few hours!

BTW the Bellator stream is iOS friendly FYI.

Oh so now it's #MMA-GAF instead of #mmagaf... I was looking in the former last time around only to find out everyone was in the latter... make up your damn minds, you fucks :)

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yeah that's why I don't have an iphone. I stream the fuck out of soccer games either on espn3 or firstrow. Espn3's app didn't work on my friend's ipad and firstrow says to download skyfire app which costs like 5 bucks. Screw that.

Top Bottom