• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
done.

so, MMA-GAF, tickets go on sale tomorrow morning for the best collection of heavyweights we have ever seen fight at one single MMA event plus a damn good prelim card to boot. Who wants to go?

i'd like to get out to vegas for an ultimate again, but i'm going to be out in vegas in july for a bachelor's party so i don't want to go there in consecutive months.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Reem has 0 (Zero,Cero) chances of beating JDS.

But... War Reem!

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
Actually the whole King Mo story is, he wrote on Twitter the NSAC girl who questioned him was a racist bitch. Reading the interview I can kinda see why he has that point of view:

Steph Daniels: Who were you addressing in your Twitter posts, and why were you upset?

Mo Lawal: It was the woman at the hearing, but I can't remember her name (ed note, it's Pat Lundvall). She asked a question that I felt was worded kind of funny. She asked if I did research for my training. I didn't get what she meant by the question, and she rolled her eyes and asked, 'Do you speak English? Can you read?' First she wanted to know if I had access to a laptop computer. I said, 'Yes, I do.' Then she asked about researching my training. I said, 'What?' That's when she rolled her eyes and asked if I could read or write. I told her, 'No, I have coaches and trainers that do that.'

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/2...-responds-to-nsac-suspension-explains-twitter

These king shit wanna be cops need to stop acting like douchebags in the hearings, if that is indeed what happened. I don't have an opinion one way or another on Lawal, that really is a bitch thing to say if she really asked him like that though.

Najaf

Who was the UFC fighter...

I remember watching a UFC fight years ago. I can't find the fighter now for the life of me. He was a young black guy with a chiseled physique. I don't remember the weight class, but he was not a big guy. I'd wager he was Welterweight or under. I remember the commentator mentioning that you could not fit more muscle on a 1XX frame.

He had a really unique style. His legs were bent like an average fighter but he had really straight posture, like a rod straight up his back. The fight was mostly standup as I recall, and he was dominant.

The key descriptor once again, would have to be his posture. Normal bent stance with his legs, while his back was straight up. Almost like a classic boxing stance, but with the legs bent like an MMA fighter. Anyone know who I am describing?

Well, if Bellator wanted their LHW champ to win another super fight, they have their man.

I recently started watching Bellator. I'm digging the tournament format a lot but they really need to do something about these non title super fights. It takes some of the prestige out of their titles.

tass0

Banned
Who was the UFC fighter...

I remember watching a UFC fight years ago. I can't find the fighter now for the life of me. He was a young black guy with a chiseled physique. I don't remember the weight class, but he was not a big guy. I'd wager he was Welterweight or under. I remember the commentator mentioning that you could not fit more muscle on a 1XX frame.

He had a really unique style. His legs were bent like an average fighter but he had really straight posture, like a rod straight up his back. The fight was mostly standup as I recall, and he was dominant.

The key descriptor once again, would have to be his posture. Normal bent stance with his legs, while his back was straight up. Almost like a classic boxing stance, but with the legs bent like an MMA fighter. Anyone know who I am describing?

Sounds like Paul Daley.

Daley-pumped.jpg

He really fell hard. From 1 fight away for a title shot, to borderline can status.

MMA has not been kind to Mr. Daley.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Sounds like Paul Daley.

Daley-pumped.jpg

He really fell hard. From 1 fight away for a title shot, to borderline can status.

MMA has not been kind to Mr. Daley.

All his own fault really. I mean, I can't blame him for wanting to smack Koscheck, but c'mon son, there's a time and a place for that sort of shit. Namely: 15 minutes before you did it.

yacobod

Banned
All his own fault really. I mean, I can't blame him for wanting to smack Koscheck, but c'mon son, there's a time and a place for that sort of shit. Namely: 15 minutes before you did it.

his UFC run isn't that impressive anyways, his win over Martin Kampann is a good win, but Dustin Hazlett is a tomato can. his results after getting cut from the ultimate kind of speak for themselves.

and i still don't get why zuffa cuts king mo. he's a decent fighter with PERSONALITY, something the ultimate is lacking, and would bolster the shitty 205# division. stupid las vegas mafia.

Heel

UFC 146 Combatants Face Surprise Drug Tests Following Press Conference

Kizer said it was the first time the commission had screened multiple participants of a mixed martial arts event during a press conference so far ahead of time, though they had done the same in July for a championship boxing match scheduled to take place in August between Abner Mares and Joseph Agbeko.

The six fighters tested were UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos, challenger Alistair Overeem, former champs Cain Velasquez and Frank Mir, and Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva.

ivYTm0FKcG7lR.gif

Somebody gonna get got.

Somebody gonna get got.
you mean the guy who already had a conditional license and was already being tested at random for 6 months following the lesnar fight who still hasn't been caught?

oh and re: M'Pumbu, I meant to say "LOSE another super fight".. don't know why the fuck I put "win" in there lol but I did manage to troll sien916 so it wasn't all for naught.

Top Bottom