• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
but then again why would these guys be so stupid to take steroids, when they can take HGH? if i was a fighter i would be taking HGH year round since they don't test for it.

or you can take those designer steroids like ryan braun was, that are so fast acting that they aren't even in your system for more than a day or 2.

TheNatural

My Member!
Bigfoot will fail I bet. Then they'll need a replacement from lower on the card. Enter:

250px-Mark_Hunt_on_22_November_2007.jpg

Heel

you mean the guy who already had a conditional license and was already being tested at random for 6 months following the lesnar fight who still hasn't been caught?

oh and re: M'Pumbu, I meant to say "LOSE another super fight".. don't know why the fuck I put "win" in there lol but I did manage to troll sien916 so it wasn't all for naught.

I have always been of the opinion that future UFC champion Alistair Overeem uses a completely natural horse meat diet.

If it truly was a surprise test I'd say it's more likely than not someone pisses hot.

Haha and yeah I figured it was a mistake. Hard to believe a guy who lost to Travis fucking Wiuff could even beat a staph infested, post surgery King Mo.

DKehoe

I'd bet $100 it was a sponsor t-shirt and some shorts. As our good friend dream has pointed out, most of these guys dress like bums when the opportunity calls for formal attire.

I was hoping he wore his crown and had girls throwing rose petals as he made his entrance.

Decent chance he ends up in pro wrestling, he is a big fan.

146 tickets are on sale...

thinking on pulling the trigger on this ticket for $250:

Section 116
Row CC
Seats 13

EDIT: done. I am now attending two consecutive UFC PPVs on either side of the country lol

TheNatural

My Member!
Im really curious to see how Sonnen handles it when Silva KO/subs him. Theres no coming back from all these words

He'll just claim he really wasn't beat to keep trolling, or give Anderson credit and just say he was selling the fight and just wanted him to fight and needed to do that to get him to fight.

After a payday, 99% of fighters are noticably contrite. Best example: Tito-Shamrock III, Tito flips him off, Ken just says "hey we made a lot of money together." That's what it's all about.

Heel

Uncle Dana said:
Fedor will never fight in the UFC. He’s past his prime. You’ve heard this story before, and you know it’s true, Vadim you sneaky bastard. We flew out to this fucking island in the middle of nowhere and gave them the best fucking deal in the history of mankind. And, Vadim, I bet you wish you could jump into a fuckin’ time machine and go back and take that deal now, don’t ya. Dummy.

Wait a second...Fedor's prime isn't 5 years from now?

I love how every time he tells this story he speaks to Vadummy directly through the camera.

iz6JdhzEIGVkd.gif

How did you even find this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35020351&postcount=13119

TheNatural

My Member!
I can't wait to see a third Brazil card in a row with garbage referees. Quick stand ups seem to be a must on these cards.

Good, get that shit LnP stuff out of the sport. Or so called pitter patter "working." Just an excuse to lay on someone for 25 minutes to get an undeserved W.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Good, get that shit LnP stuff out of the sport. Or so called pitter patter "working." Just an excuse to lay on someone for 25 minutes to get an undeserved W.

Except on both cards there was active groundwork by the guy on top. You don't understand how MMA rules work if you think they were legit stand ups. Anthony Johnson deserved to lose for not making weight but he didn't deserve a disadvantage from Miragliotta. I don't remember a fight where guys got stood up faster than that.

Does Brazil even have an athletic commission to test?

I think they just started one within the last month or so actually. But for the last 2 UFC shows it was Marc Ratner and his Zuffa-employed people that handled commission duties, as they normally do outside of the US. This isn't to say that someone would be less likely to get caught with something, Chris Leben got caught twice by the UFC's makeshift commission.

TheNatural

My Member!
Except on both cards there was active groundwork by the guy on top. You don't understand how MMA rules work if you think they were legit stand ups.

Depends on what you mean as active. To me, just moving and grapple fucking and pitter patter punching isnt "work." You're not hurting the other guy, you haven't improved your position, and you're not putting the other guy in danger of being finished. I think it's totally fair in a situation where you give a wrestler (like Sonnen) about a minute to either put the guy in danger, do damage, or improve your position a great deal; and if they've done none of that stand them up. I don't give a fuck if the guy is technically punching or technically "working" unsuccessfully to get a better position, stand that shit up.

That basically summed up the entire first Silva-Sonnen fight. Anderson came out to start round 5 looked less exhausted than if he would have climbed the stands to get a drink at the concessions. And someone is going to "win" off of that shit? Fuck that. Enough coddling boring ass wrestlers who don't do anything to actually attempt to win.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on what you mean as active. To me, just moving and grapple fucking and pitter patter punching isnt "work." You're not hurting the other guy, you haven't improved your position, and you're not putting the other guy in danger of being finished. I think it's totally fair in a situation where you give a wrestler (like Sonnen) about a minute to either put the guy in danger, do damage, or improve your position a great deal; and if they've done none of that stand them up. I don't give a fuck if the guy is technically punching or technically "working" unsuccessfully to get a better position, stand that shit up.

That basically summed up the entire first Silva-Sonnen fight. Anderson came out to start round 5 looked less exhausted than if he would have climbed the stands to get a drink at the concessions. And someone is going to "win" off of that shit? Fuck that. Enough coddling boring ass wrestlers who don't do anything to actually attempt to win.

I hate what a guy like Tyron Woodley does but not all wrestlers are like that. Getting a more dominant position or doing some damage doesn't happen instantly. UFC 134 had a couple of fights where the same thing happened and it was unfair.

TheNatural

My Member!
I hate what a guy like Tyron Woodley does but not all wrestlers are like that. Getting a more dominant position or doing some damage doesn't happen instantly. UFC 134 had a couple of fights where the same thing happened and it was unfair.

How long do you give them then? Sonnen didn't do shit in the first fight, he brags about how he beat him up, but he was the one who looked like the tired fighter with more damage coming into Rd 5.

I don't respect the way he fights. If it wasn't for his personality he would be Fitch 2. The guy has had 14 UFC/WEC fights in his career and how many stoppages has he won by? All of one.

Compare this with Randy Couture, a wrestler, but the guy had 30 career fights, only 9 of those went to decision, and of the nine, three fights won either FOTY or FOTN awards.

Sonnen makes it a point to win by just taking someone down and grapplefucking him without doing much damage to the decision. Fuck the way he fights, I hate it. I don't care if he talks shit, but don't talk shit and then put on a shitty boring ass performance constantly.

Marquardt vs. Sonnen was a riveting fight which got the FOTN award when Couture was on the same card.

Silva vs. Sonnen 1 got FOTN as well.

Sonnen submitted Stann with a slick arm triangle that would have normally taken home a Sub of the Night bonus, but Joe Lauzon pulled off a sick sub on Guillard on the same card and ended up getting the bonus instead.

Compare that to Fitch and then kindly GTFO.

oh shit that cute marianna kheyfets chick is on the bellator prelims this friday yall

also, that TUF guy who Koscheck got tricked into picking that always gets choked out

Bellator 63, this Friday:

MAIN CARD (MTV2)

Karl Amoussou vs. Chris Lozano (welterweight-tourney opening round)
Raul Amaya vs. Ben Saunders (welterweight-tourney opening round)
David Rickels vs. Jordan Smith (welterweight-tourney opening round)
Bryan Baker vs. Carlos Pereira (welterweight-tourney opening round)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Marianna Kheyfets vs. Munah Holland
Dan Cramer vs. Jeff Nader
Andrey Koreshkov vs. Taiwan Howard
Saul Almeida vs. Matt Bessette
Parker Porter vs. Randy Smith
Ryan Quinn vs. Marc Stevens
Pete Rogers vs. Brandon Fleming

TheNatural

My Member!
Marquardt vs. Sonnen was a riveting fight which got the FOTN award when Couture was on the same card.

Silva vs. Sonnen 1 got FOTN as well.

Sonnen submitted Stann with a slick arm triangle that would have normally taken home a Sub of the Night bonus, but Joe Lauzon pulled off a sick sub on Guillard on the same card and ended up getting the bonus instead.

Compare that to Fitch and then kindly GTFO.

Oooh wow, all of three fights, two of which were because Nate almost subbed Sonnen twice, once at the end of the round, and of course Silva subbing Sonnen after Chael laid on him for two rounds. And it took a WEC can to know one, because that's the only time in 14 fights he finished ANYONE in the WEC or UFC.

He's Fitch 2 with a personality. Deal with it.

AiTM

Banned
You're right. After Sonnen tried to "fake tap" and keep the fight going, he should have kept on the arm bar and broke his arm. Shouldn't have stalled there.

Anderson didnt seem eager to fight Chael. I would think it would be like GSP/Diaz, where it would have been the first time in a while that Anderson would have been really motivated to fight. Maybe Anderson saw that performance against Bisping and felt better about it. Shit...maybe Chael purposely gave a mediocre performance just to trick Silva into getting back in the cage again with him.

Regardless. Chael getting the decision in Brazil would be the top moment in MMA history. Just to hear his victory speech.

TheNatural

My Member!
Anderson didnt seem eager to fight Chael. I would think it would be like GSP/Diaz, where it would have been the first time in a while that Anderson would have been really motivated to fight. Maybe Anderson saw that performance against Bisping and felt better about it. Shit...maybe Chael purposely gave a mediocre performance just to trick Silva into getting back in the cage again with him.

Regardless. Chael getting the decision in Brazil would be the top moment in MMA history. Just to hear his victory speech.

Anderson already proved he was better, I would rather see a rematch with Vitor, so even if he didn't want the fight that's probably why. He already beat him, not only that, but Chael failed the drug test.

Nothing about this fight except the shit talk is entertaining. The gameplan basically comes down to:

"Well Chael isn't better, if he stands up with Anderson, he's going to get KTFO, or if he's on top of Anderson long enough, he's going to get submitted"

So what is the grand gameplan of two guys fighting out? Well gollee jeepers, Chael can win because there's only 25 minutes per fight, 5 minutes per round, and if he can lay on him long enough without getting submitted (which he would at some point, eventually, if it were under old UFC rules or Gracie-Sakuraba rules) then he "wins." Yay! That would be like, so totally awesome!

That's why I've been wanting Sonnen to lose, and why I haven't wanted to see this fight. There's no point. We already know whos better, we already know give enough time in any situation he would put Chael unconscious, its just a matter of Chael making this as boring as possible and finding a way to lay on the guy for 25 minutes to win.

If that's anyone's idea of great MMA, fuck them. Go watch Discovery Channel and see two rhinos hump one another or something if that's how you like your sports. I want the better guy to win because he's better, not who's best at exploiting the rules by laying on someone for 25 minutes.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anderson already proved he was better, I would rather see a rematch with Vitor, so even if he didn't want the fight that's probably why. He already beat him, not only that, but Chael failed the drug test.

Nothing about this fight except the shit talk is entertaining. The gameplan basically comes down to:

"Well Chael isn't better, if he stands up with Anderson, he's going to get KTFO, or if he's on top of Anderson long enough, he's going to get submitted"

So what is the grand gameplan of two guys fighting out? Well gollee jeepers, Chael can win because there's only 25 minutes per fight, 5 minutes per round, and if he can lay on him long enough without getting submitted (which he would at some point, eventually, if it were under old UFC rules or Gracie-Sakuraba rules) then he "wins." Yay! That would be like, so totally awesome!

That's why I've been wanting Sonnen to lose, and why I haven't wanted to see this fight. There's no point. We already know whos better, we already know give enough time in any situation he would put Chael unconscious, its just a matter of Chael making this as boring as possible and finding a way to lay on the guy for 25 minutes to win.

If that's anyone's idea of great MMA, fuck them. Go watch Discovery Channel and see two rhinos hump one another or something if that's how you like your sports. I want the better guy to win because he's better, not who's best at exploiting the rules by laying on someone for 25 minutes.

You'd rather see a rematch with Vitor? What? At least Chael beat the fuck out of Silva both on the ground and standing for 23 minutes. Vitor got knocked the fuck out in the first damn round.

TheNatural

My Member!
You'd rather see a rematch with Vitor? What? At least Chael beat the fuck out of Silva both on the ground and standing for 23 minutes. Vitor got knocked the fuck out in the first damn round.

At what point did he beat the fuck out of Silva? I've seen more vicious pillow fights between bikini models.

Which fighter looks like he had the fuck beat out of him at the start of Rd 5, you tell me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peGbZqAXBKU

At least Vitor has a strikers chance if he can avoid getting KTFO by a crane kick again.

TheNatural

My Member!
In more Chael's fucked news:

"I am teaching Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida. I show them, you know, a lot. Not everything I know, but I show them punches and what we call Ashi Sabaki, which means how you move with your feet, how you enter, hand angles, joints, but mostly I'm teaching them kicks and punches. There is a signature kick that I've taught them that they've knocked champions out with and won world championships with. I'm asking them to kick to the face and the head with that kick. I don't think it hurts because you're asleep. It might hurt when you wake up." - Steven Seagal

It's going to be great to see Chael try to bullrush Anderson for a double leg, Silva Aikido flip him upside down into the cage and finish him with a jumping axe kick. Master Seagal just locked this shit down.

Top Bottom