• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
In more Chael's fucked news:

It's going to be great to see Chael try to bullrush Anderson for a double leg, Silva Aikido flip him upside down into the cage and finish him with a jumping axe kick. Master Seagal just locked this shit down.

I read that whole quote in Seagal-voice.

Heel

WTF how the fuck in the world does this highlight video of the P4P athlete of all time (in any sport possibly) not have like 10,000,000 views by now? Its holy shit good and the best thing I have seen in MMA. Puts into perspective just how much of a fuckin boss GSP is. Makes every single opponent eat their words and look like amateurs.

Bloodsport Karma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoo5jwlT7xE&list=WL52A788A659203C50&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Hello stranger, welcome to our uninsular non-community!

I agree, GSP is awesome.

TheNatural

My Member!
You've never seen Bloodsport Karma? It's easily the best MMA highlight video out there.

Bolo also didn't age a day from Enter the Dragon to Bloodsport even though he was apparently like 90 years old in Bloodsport and is close to breaking Moses record nowadays for age.

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh god I am going to love you. Welcome to the club

Confirmation that Jalad is a married Latino chick.

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

AiTM

Banned
one GSP prop and hes in? wtf I have been loving GSP and trollin the 209 and Brazilians since day 1.

on a side note...that video made me get the Bloodsport soundtrack and Im ready to spinning back kick someone

Derwind

I just signed up for Muay Thai lessons!

Any tips people are willing to give?

The only equipment I've bought so far is a jock strap and hand wraps... Going to buy a mouth guard tomorrow...

I'm very green when it comes to martial arts, the last time I took martial arts was when I was a kid I took Tae Kwon Do for 5 years before quitting like a quitting quitter...

But that was long ago and my resolve has since changed greatly.

Wish me luck! =D

edit; I hope this is the right thread...

Are we seriously talking about that GSP Bloodsport video? That's sooooo two thousand and LATE. It was prior to the three consecutive snoozefests vs. Hardy, Koscheck and Shields too. Hell, it was before lookoutawhale added "not" to the beginning of his alias.

I guess that's the time you'd have to be stuck in to convince yourself to remain a GSP fan though, so I get it.

The only equipment I've bought so far is a jock strap and hand wraps... Going to buy a mouth guard tomorrow...

I'm very green when it comes to martial arts, the last time I took martial arts was when I was a kid I took Tae Kwon Do for 5 years before quitting like a quitting quitter...

Wish me luck! =D

Listen to the instructor and don't take stupid advice for experts on youtube.

Heel

Wish me luck! =D

My only advice: Don't spar with this guy. No really, don't.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Wish me luck! =D

Depending on your level of cardio you're in for a hell of a time. Don't get frustrated at being a beginner. When clinch training focus on defending yourself, evading and escaping. And for the love of god listen to the coach at all times.

I started in October. Love it. Will be training full time in Thailand next month.

WTF how the fuck in the world does this highlight video of the P4P athlete of all time (in any sport possibly) not have like 10,000,000 views by now? Its holy shit good and the best thing I have seen in MMA. Puts into perspective just how much of a fuckin boss GSP is. Makes every single opponent eat their words and look like amateurs.

Bloodsport Karma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoo5jwlT7xE&list=WL52A788A659203C50&index=1&feature=plpp_video

does it show him hard at work rubbing grease all over his body?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Are we seriously talking about that GSP Bloodsport video? That's sooooo two thousand and LATE. It was prior to the three consecutive snoozefests vs. Hardy, Koscheck and Shields too. Hell, it was before lookoutawhale added "not" to the beginning of his alias.

I guess that's the time you'd have to be stuck in to convince yourself to remain a GSP fan though, so I get it.

but no poly, tell us how you really feel.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm not sure what to think about this Off-Topic Community stuff, or the fact that PonyGAF is in there and we're not. Troubling times.

You're welcome. I turned this into ClassyMMA along with representatives like Carlos Condit and Luke Rockhold. We won't be cast away with the sodomites.

tass0

Banned
Vadim said:
UFC President Dana White recently said that he has zero interest in signing Fedor...
You need to know Dana. If he says he has no interest in signing Fedor, then in fact, he really wants to. He says one thing, and doing another. How can you not want a fighter who can bring millions? Any fight with Fedor could break all the rating records in the UFC.

Vadim said:
Maybe you should make the first step?
We are open for dialogue. It’s just that Dana White thinks that we will come to him, kneel down and say: "We are ready for any conditions to sign a contract." Of course, this will never happen. Fedor deserves nothing but respect. But like I said, there’s still a high demand for Fedor. We are ready to have Fedor fighting in the UFC, it’s just that we need a normal offer. And the fact that White is always saying that offered us everything “on a silver platter” is a lie.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

AiTM

Banned
Anyone who thinks Dana saying he wont sign Fedor means Fedor will never come to UFC doesn't understand negotiation. Its a tactic, that's all. Dana would sign him in a heartbeat, just wants a reasonable offer. Hopefully Fedor realizes he can close out his career in the UFC and make a decent amount of money. Its not like he has anything to lose, and he cant hurt his legacy anymore by doing so.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm not sure what to think about this Off-Topic Community stuff, or the fact that PonyGAF is in there and we're not. Troubling times.

Look at it this way: Off Topic = UFC, Community = Strikeforce. Be glad we're not with them.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ngWkernS__Y/S7AW9PJd1BI/AAAAAAAAAFU/LWpSwL6stJU/s1600/not_this_shit_again.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
What does Vadummy consider "a normal offer"? Co-promotion? Because [b]no[/b] co-promotion is what is actually normal in the real world. And Fedor's stock is low. LOL at trying to leverage"high demand" from Bad MMA promotions to get what he could've gotten pre-Strikeforce. I guess those 3 straight finished losses weren't enough of a reality check for Vadummy.

ShaneB

I stay away from this thread for a little bit and all hell breaks loose! Let's go Chael, lay on top on Silva for 25 minutes for all I care, just win.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone who thinks Dana saying he wont sign Fedor means Fedor will never come to UFC doesn't understand negotiation. Its a tactic, that's all. Dana would sign him in a heartbeat, just wants a reasonable offer. Hopefully Fedor realizes he can close out his career in the UFC and make a decent amount of money. Its not like he has anything to lose, and he cant hurt his legacy anymore by doing so.
Fedor just really needs to dump his people.
I just want Overeem vs Fedor to happen.
I just want him in the damn UFC already.

yacobod

Banned
Also Fedor would need to beat like 5 people for a title shot

no biggy, he's got 2 fights in the bag, now he needs to fight Gary Goodridge, Gladiator Thompson, Grim Rodgers, or Duff man and everyone in here will be creaming themselves over Fedor again and calling him a top 3 HW.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
no biggy, he's got 2 fights in the bag, now he needs to fight Gary Goodridge, Gladiator Thompson, Grim Rodgers, or Duff man and everyone in here will be creaming themselves over Fedor again and calling him a top 3 HW.
Too bad Brock retired or Fedor would've ko'd him as well.

You're going to be so pissed when Reem beats JDS.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL @ Fedor could beat Overeem.

First off, I don't know why this shit is coming up again, because the guy not only got exposed in Strikeforce, but even the cans he's fought in his little Dan Severn-esque win tour he's looked like an overweight guy just there for a circus show. The only 'eem' that guy could tear up is a mean case of chocolate ice cream.

Second, the guy was hammered, demolished, destroyed by Bigfoot Silva - who is basically Ubereem with less skills and muscle. This guy is the Manute Bol to Ubereem's Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Enough with this Fedor shit, I don't even see how it's a topic of conversation anymore. He got his ass kicked in Strikeforce, and now he's fatter, slower, and older and somehow the talk has ressurected about him going to the UFC? GTFO of here with that shit.

It's over. Done. He's done. Let the better fighters fight and he can go show his skills as a Russian buffet.

TheNatural

My Member!
not really, it will only make trolling harder tho.

the same kind of win tour that propelled Alistair to the top of the HW division.

and let's be serious. whoever is holding the HW strap is just keeping it warm for JBJ when he finally decides to move up in weight.

At least he went 3-0 in Strikeforce and not 1-3.

And at least he's not doing this shit. Fits well with Fedor's new physique:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/2...nko-in-sumo-match-on-japanese-reality-tv-show

Top Bottom