• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

TheNatural

My Member!
I think the issue is that we've seen in the past that Rashad's chin isn't the best. He got rocked badly in his fights with Thiago Silva and Rampage Jackson, and got stanky legged by Machida. JBJ has been a killer in all but one of his UFC fights, which was his debut. So yes the expectations are high. He fought a safe fight and kept the title, only time he really opened up was in the 2nd round when he had those nice elbows out of the patty cake offense.

No reason for everyone to make excuses for a tepid fight. We can call a spade a spade.

No reason for everyone to get pissed at pretty much a standard defense fight either. Since when has Rashad been an exciting fighter in anything, except when Machida KO'ed him? The Davis fight sucked, the Rampage fight sucked. I've never found him that exciting of a fighter, he's always been pretty vanilla, and both guys hating each other they both just didn't want to get KTFO.

yacobod

Banned
No reason for everyone to get pissed at pretty much a standard defense fight either. Since when has Rashad been an exciting fighter in anything, except when Machida KO'ed him? The Davis fight sucked, the Rampage fight sucked. I've never found him that exciting of a fighter, he's always been pretty vanilla, and both guys hating each other they both just didn't want to get KTFO.

That is a valid point that grudge or rivalry matches sometimes play out this way in combat sports because neither guy wants to end up on a poster.

Jones really need to develop set-ups to power punches. He never throws one or two punches at a time.

which again could be a Jackson thing, GSP doesn't throw 2 or 3 piece combos anymore. He was fighting a blind Kos and would only throw 1 jab at a time.

TheNatural

My Member!
You can look no further than this card to see a good example of what can happen going for the kill. Schaub drilled the fuck out of Rothwell and tried to go in for the kill and Big Ben basically caveman clubbed him into imaginary grappling land.

Schaub could have stepped back fought the safe fight, and maybe pulled out a boring decision, but he took a chance and is probably going to be dropped to Facebook prelims whenever he fights again.

It's a catch 22. I give Jones the benefit because he actually tried a few times to make an effort to stop him, he didn't play it safe in the fifth, but he didn't go all out and Schaub himself. He's destroyed his last 8 opponents, so he's earned a fight to play it somewhat safe. Fuck the haters.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That Schaub KO was nasty. It's one thing for a guy to get laid out flat it's another when he's reaching for something that isn't there.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
WTF Brittney? This is what you make with your art?

https://twitter.com/#!/BrittneyPalme...597184/photo/1
I to can photoshop Dana in 5 seconds:

yXHN5.gif

ptySh.jpg

I agree. The undercard before Browne pretty much sucked, except for that second Facebook fight. And then the Bocek fight was horrible. But the rest was solid, not horribad. I think an event every week burns people out and makes them ADD for KO's and trading shots wars because it's on CONSTANTLY.

And plus, theres so many fighters and irrelevent fights that when someone wins you're just like 'wtf, ok what does this even mean?' Rothwell and Browne won, so what does that mean, they move up into the top 15 of HW's or something?

Dana should have created a 'middling heavyweight tourney' with all the guys stuck in the muck. Browne, Rothwell, Huntu, Nelson, Struve, etc. Have about 8 guys fight in a tourney to decide who gets a HW title shot at some point - but leave a couple of top contenders in the division open to fight for the title in the meanwhile.

It would at least give a little meaning to the division and actually give someone something to fight for.

Actually, come to think of it if Reem hadn't fucked up and pissed hot, Dana and Silva could have had JDS fight Reem, then the winner of the Cormier/Barnett fight, meanwhile have a HW Tournament between Mir, Cain, Giant Silva, Carwin, Nelson, Struve, Werdum and Hunt to set up the next top contender for an early 2013 fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
Id rather that people think im roiding instead of pushing rope. Cant wait for the impending storm of flacid jokes.

Maybe he'll submit visual proof and we'll get to see his dick ...

I mean ... ew .. hopefully he won't do that. I mean that would be totally gross and all ... I totally wouldn't look.

TheNatural

My Member!
I would pay to see Ron Artest enter the cage and actually try to really fight someone. I don't care if it was big Hersch in Strikeforce, I would pay PPV money that scumbag piece of shit to get brain damage inflicted on him.

I still want Bron Bron to try and start shit with MWP. Bron likes to pick on 5'11" guards. try that shit with someone around your size.

Also, MWP is a cool dude. Unlike that NFL pos Bernard Berrian. Fuck that guy.

Dysun

Alright it looks like it's Cain/Bigfoot after all.

Thank fuck I really couldn't stand the though of Roy Nelson co-main eventing another ppv

Fuck man I just realized that if I would have made the parley I wanted too...

:(

Jones
Ben
Rory
Dude that beat up Hominick

But I had to file intent and save cash.

Sup y'all just returned from dumpster diving in Atlanta. It was exquisite.

A lot of chicken? That's all my friends from GA eat. Every day on Facebook _____ checked in at ____ chicken shack/house and other shit like that.

Edit:

I'm pretty sure that at this rate I could beat Bobb Sapp.

Not like it's an accomplishment or anything though.

Are you saying, that you are, in fact trained?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Are you saying, that you are, in fact trained?

As long as the fight stays standing I could give you at least one round before I collapse and need to be carried off in a stretcher.

In truth though my Muay Thai and Boxing is at a pretty advanced-beginner stage. My cardio (or lack thereof) and weight is what's keeping me back from advancing further. I'm in Thailand right now to learn more skills, lose weight and to get my cardio levels up. Once I get back to Taiwan in two weeks I'll be training full time MT, Boxing and BJJ for a few months to keep the momentum going.

As long as the fight stays standing I could give you at least one round before I collapse and need to be carried off in a stretcher.

In truth though my Muay Thai and Boxing is at a pretty advanced-beginner stage. My cardio (or lack thereof) and weight is what's keeping me back from advancing further. I'm in Thailand right now to learn more skills, lose weight and to get my cardio levels up. Once I get back to Taiwan in two weeks I'll be training full time MT, Boxing and BJJ for a few months to keep the momentum going.

I know that. We've been over this. It was an MMA-Gaf inside joke.

Top Bottom