• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Baby Milo

Go back and support your woman beater hero some more. Hope he doesn't drop the soap in prison.

You_re+acting+like+a+little+bitch+right+now.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Canelo fought the week before and drew the same numbers and they both fight several times a year. but ill leave yall to your wrestling discussion lol

Boxing needs more HE FUCKEN GLASSED ME pressers to qualify as sports entertainment.

Both Poirier and Hioki have gone on record that they want more tune up fights before facing Aldo.

With that said, I wouldn't count Koch out, but he is coming back from injury to fight Aldo.
So now it's "I'll fight whoever the UFC wants me to fight as long as it isn't Aldo."

bone_and_sinew

Yeah, 145 is the only division where fighters are openly ducking the champion.
The problems at 145 and 155 can be solved by one simple move: Frankie dropping down to 145.
155 is full of contenders but none can fight for the strap since Edgar keeps getting rematches.
145 doesn't have any real contenders and the ones that are in the title picture out of necessity are terrified by Aldo.

Edgar at 145 would give Aldo a legit opponent and no one would be bothered by rematches there since the division is so thin and the faux-contenders want more tune-up fights. 155 can finally move on and have their contenders fight instead of waiting around or losing title shots because of Edgar rematches.

Win-win for everyone.

The problems at 145 and 155 can be solved by one simple move: Frankie dropping down to 145.
155 is full of contenders but none can fight for the strap since Edgar keeps getting rematches.
145 doesn't have any real contenders and the ones that are in the title picture out of necessity are terrified by Aldo.

Edgar at 145 would give Aldo a legit opponent and no one would be bothered by rematches there since the division is so thin and the faux-contenders want more tune-up fights. 155 can finally move on and have their contenders fight instead of waiting around or losing title shots because of Edgar rematches.

Win-win for everyone.
I would also accept Aldo going to 155.

So Faber will be fighting for the interim title...maybe against McDonald unless they pull Barao from the Menjivar fight? Either way sounds good to me.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Bisping on cans getting unfair opportunities over him:

"It does piss me off a little bit, you know? I've been slugging away in the UFC for six years now, fighting the best guys in the world and just because Hector Lombard's been knocking out little part-time fighters who probably hold down jobs full-time and he's been knocking out people that I haven't got a clue who they are, I haven't even heard of them, you know, while I've been knocking out the best fighters in the world and fighting the best consistently for six years and he's going to come in from knocking out John the baker from around the corner and you know, he gets a title shot?"

SteveWD40

"It does piss me off a little bit, you know? I've been slugging away in the UFC for six years now, fighting the best guys in the world and just because Hector Lombard's been knocking out little part-time fighters who probably hold down jobs full-time and he's been knocking out people that I haven't got a clue who they are, I haven't even heard of them, you know, while I've been knocking out the best fighters in the world and fighting the best consistently for six years and he's going to come in from knocking out John the baker from around the corner and you know, he gets a title shot?"

He has a fair point in Lombard but:

while I've been knocking out the best fighters in the world

Has to be a misquote right? he hasn't stopped anybody ranked, in fact his losses are his best achievement, in that he lost 2 razor thin fights to top guys (Rashad and Sonnen) that some argue he might have even won. His wins are mostly meh, Rivera, Miller, Akiyama (was a pretty good fight tbh).

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
You know.

"It does piss me off a little bit, you know? I've been slugging away in the UFC for six years now, fighting the best guys in the world and just because Fedor's been knocking out little part-time fighters who probably hold down jobs full-time and he's been knocking out people that I haven't got a clue who they are, I haven't even heard of them, you know, while I've been knocking out the best fighters in the world and fighting the best consistently for six years and he's going to come in from knocking out John the baker from around the corner and you know, he gets a title shot?"

Hrmmmm

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

As much as it's so easy to just say Hendoknockout.gif and be over with it, who has Bisping KO'd recently? Mayhem wasn't as much TKO'd as much as he fell asleep, Rivera was reeling from an illegal knee, and who have we got after that?

SteveWD40

As much as it's so easy to just say Hendoknockout.gif and be over with it, who has Bisping KO'd recently? Mayhem wasn't as much TKO'd as much as he fell asleep, Rivera was reeling from an illegal knee, and who have we got after that?

No one, as I said, he hasn't stopped anyone solid ever, most of his TKO's and KO's were in Cage Rage. He does have 18 stoppages out of 22 wins (iirc) but most of them are wasp shot TKO's on gassed fighters and none of them were ranked.

He needs some PR to vet his mouth.

ShaneB

He should be happy that he's had a steady record and actually been able to stay in the UFC for six years.

Heaven forbid he get his precious title shot, lose, and then lose a couple more times and get cut. Well I guess with his UK status, maybe 4 or 5 losses and he'd be cut, but still!

I am so down for Aldo at 155. That division has so many interesting fights for him.

Aldo vs Pettis
Aldo vs Bendo
Aldo vs Diaz
Aldo vs Edgar

I say he he defends 2 more times than moves to 155 than let the 145 division hold a tourney to determine the champion. Build the division like that and maybe even have Faber move up from 135 to give the division more cred than BANG 145 is a stacked division.

MMA fighters should hire managers to get them over with their mic skills. Can you imagine if Paul Haymen was doing promos for Brock while he was in the UFC? He would have made Brock so much bigger than he was.

Fucking Bisping god damn

you lost your #1 contender fight, you don't get another #1 contender fight right away, sorry bruv.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Can't wait for the internet to turn on Aldo when he inevitably doesn't move to 155 and stays at featherweight.

Looks like even though Frankie is having issues with his nose, he will still be fighting Bendo (again) at UFC 150 in Denver on August 11th.

God dammit.

bone_and_sinew

For once I actually want a replacement fighter (Nate or Young Anthony Pettis) to step in.

Can't wait for the internet to turn on Aldo when he inevitably doesn't move to 155 and stays at featherweight.
Nah it won't happen unless he starts fighting safe. He's the only thing holding the division together. As industrian said, you might as well fold it if he moves up (unless a trade with Frankie going down happens as also proposed).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Looks like even though Frankie is having issues with his nose, he will still be fighting Bendo (again) at UFC 150 in Denver on August 11th.

God dammit.
I actually do want to see this fight since the first one was basically decided by that upkick.

Uncle Dana has confirmed that Faber will be fighting for the Interim Bantamweight Championship at UFC 148 but hasn't confirmed the opponent. Faber mentioned Barao, McDonald and Menjivar (in that order) deserved it.

This of course means the UFC will give Menjivar the shot, lol

Also, Cruz will finish the season of TUF Live as a coach.

Top Bottom