• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Who are these guys and why have I never heard of them before?

Paint cans are the best kind of cans.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To me, the 8/4 show at the Staples Center in Los Angeles becomes the single most important event in UFC history. Another rating like that and it will give UFC the reputation that it’s fine as a cable property, but it’s simply not mainstream and can’t survive in the expensive real estate section of network prime.

At this point, it appears the four fights will be Brian Stann vs. Hector Lombard in a five-round main event,
iqNw0hAOQQW1U.gif

$20 says they do the monster shoot fighter coming in to destroy wrestlers better than WWE did it. Probably will start with Sting, destroy him, and build up to a match with Kurt Angle.

It wouldn't be that hard to do it better than the WWE did it since they had Brock job to Cena right off the bat, fucking tards.

If UFC ever wants to go mainstream big they really need fighters to go the Pride route.

-Cool epic entrances.

-Entrance props like King Mo crown, Rampage chains, Tito Mexian/USA flag etc. This will make the fighters more marketable and memorable

-Build up feuds. Look at Tito/Ken, Tito/Chuck, Wandy/Page and a host of others throughout the years.

-Why not throw in some "Cans" that would take a big fight? Guys like Soko got a decent fan base when he beat Lil Nog. It didn't hurt Nogs career and we got a cool looking fighter that was pretty good, entertaining, not elite but marketable nonetheless.

Even though I am a huge Pride fan boy and I totally except the fact that its gone,but you really can't ignore how good they were at building entertaining fighters. If UFC continues the route they are in than the UFC will be filled with generic Millers, Fitches and Baders within the next 5 years.

Dysun

UFC on Fox 4 is bound to be a disappointment with that card.

Good fights but no star power, again. Nobody will tune in to see Machida or Stann

UFC on Fox are glorified Fight Night cards at this point, so they will draw like that regardless of what network it's on

Heel

I think Machida on free television is a step in the right direction. I'd say the numbers will be a lot closer to FOX 2 than FOX 3.

Sakuraba's farewell fight is against Canya on the next DREAM card.

Sad to see him go but it's been long overdue. I hope he'll still wrestle or something.

RBH

Spike TV Prez Kevin Kay announce that Lawal will join TNA this summer and Bellator next year when BFC moves to Spike.

Dixie Carter says she has been vocal over the last couple years to get a crossover star like Mo to TNA.

No entrance music for Mo. Sad. He says he's speechless and calls this a "dream come true." If you know Mo, he's being dead serious.

Mo says he isn't all that experienced in wrestling. Had a tryout back in the day and trained at OVW w/ Mark Henry and John Morrison.

Mo says he will enter the 205 tourney, win the tourney and "get that belt." Given the current competition, that's a pretty safe bet.

Mo on a return to Zuffa: The door is closed. I'm not going to wait. The Bellator deal is the best deal you could possibly get.

Bjorn: This is the first of a lot of synergy between TNA and Bellator under the Spike umbrella.

Dixie: We're going to be playing out his real life role on TNA. So when he's preparing for a fight, that'll be a part of the storylines.

Mo non-committal when asked whether he would campaign to get Rampage in Bellator. He reminds us that he could meet him in a TNA ring too.

Mo wouldn't disclose the terms of the deal but says it's for a very long time. He sounds very happy. What a difference a month makes.

Spike prez Kevin Kay says they haven't decided what day Bellator will air on Spike or whether it will air on the same night as TNA.

http://twitter.com/#!/arielhelwani

Frank Mir lurks in OT3 confirmed?

Here's his homage to our thread's title:

Frank Mir said:
Obviously, I think Junior's probably the best fighter I've ever had to face. His record right now in the UFC is undefeated; I know he had the loss before he ever walked into the Octagon. His dominance in the fight world has been extremely superior.

Tim Sylvia, I guess Tim at the time was also known as a very fierce striker. It was funny, no one thought he could be beaten either.

But that's what everybody thinks about everybody until you (beat them). Then they think he sucks. It's a weird sport we have.

You know how you get banned if you post a picture link that's NSFW and you don't designate it as such? There needs to be some form of punishment when you do it the other way around too lol

yacobod

Banned
GSP said:
“I think, it’s hard to say but I believe because – you have to think about that every weight class has different kind of competition, you know? Some weight class has better strikers, some weight class has better grapplers, some weight class have, you know? So it depends on the competition, you know, that you have, the adversity you have in your weight class that define you as best pound-for-pound. But it’s true that now Jon Jones, he – I would say it would be fair to say he’s the best pound-for-pound right now, him and Anderson Silva I believe. And there’s another guy I believe is best pound-for-pound but nobody talks about it is Frankie Edgar. If you talk about pound-for-pound, I believe Frankie Edgar is number one. I believe he is number one because he’s very small, Frankie Edgar could fight at 145 probably, you talk about pound-for-pound, I believe Frankie Edgar. But there is also like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva, both from what they have done, they are very good, so yeah it’s hard to say.”

so which is it Georges?

Im looking forward most to Cain vs Bigfoot. This fight will answer plenty of questions on Cains legitimacy. If Cain gets finished in this fight than I don't ever see him even getting close to a title shot. If Bigfoot comes out like he did against Fedor than Cain will have a very bad night. BF took some hard ass shots in that fight.

Bigfoots chin is half assed. Sometimes he can take a hard hit and sometimes he gets badly rocked.

TheNatural

My Member!
Jim Miller is petitioning the NSAC to remove the Diaz fight from his record. His rationale is, how can it be an official fight if no one saw it?

Jim Miller is petitioning the NSAC to remove the Diaz fight from his record. His rationale is, how can it be an official fight if no one saw it?
Jim Miller is also somehow unaware of what state he fought Nathan Diaz in, so maybe he doesn't even remember the fight himself.

Heel

I still believe Can is a top 3 heavyweight. It's the most intriguing match up on that card though.

I agree friend. If Cain is healthy he will wreck Needles worse than Cormier did. He is the top dog at AKA and I expect him to transform from Can to Unstoppable in no time.

MjFrancis

Wow, I'm super fucking late to the OT3 party. Nice OP, Heel.

---

Nothing more to add, really. Been watching the Ultimate Fighter Brasil and I've been pleased so far. Wish Team Wanderlei was doing better. I haven't watched episode seven yet but I couldn't help but guess there will be more crying in this one. It's better than the Ultimate Fighter in the States, but it still feels like a piss-poor soap opera at times. There's just so much crying.

Wow, I'm super fucking late to the OT3 party. Nice OP, Heel.

---

Nothing more to add, really. Been watching the Ultimate Fighter Brasil and I've been pleased so far. Wish Team Wanderlei was doing better. I haven't watched episode seven yet but I couldn't help but guess there will be more crying in this one. It's better than the Ultimate Fighter in the States, but it still feels like a piss-poor soap opera at times. There's just so much crying.
I imagine it being in Portuguese makes it easier to ignore the drama if you have it on in the background and just watch the fights at the end? I haven't watched it yet. Do they still have all the episodes online or have they taken down the earlier ones?

MjFrancis

I don't know if the older episodes are available now. Or any of them, actually.

I've been watching them with the wife while we play a board game or chess or something and we fully stop for the training sequences and the fights. So yeah, there could be a bit more drama going on since it's just Portuguese in the background until I catch wind of something neat happening.

I still think it's toned down from it's USA counterpart, though.

Heel

Bah, I can't believe I missed Tachi tonight. Horrible side effect of doing the schedule so far in advance.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yeah I went into nerdchat and I was alone in there lol.

I stopped watching after about 30 minutes since the stream kept buffering for me.

Heel

Reading that Njokuani's brother Chidi
finished a guy with a single inside leg kick
on the Tachi card. I've gotta see this shit.

Top Bottom