• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ShaneB

There's way too much MMA discussion going on here. I can barely recognize you guys!

I've been playing games recently. Psychonauts was really cool, and now I'm playing Bioshock. Basically the wall of shame games I've been meaning to play for a while. Good times.

I loved the Walking Dead episodes as well, and that made me want to read some Zombie literature, and I don't really care to read the comics. World War Z is the obvious choice, so I might pick that up, but a coworker gave me a copy of 'Plague of the Dead', so maybe I'll start reading that.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Too many wrestlers would complain and/or boycott the new rules. And that's the price we pay for the most fundamental part of MMA being a sport where the object of the game is to just hold someone down indefinitely.

Oh well. Learn to kickbox or snap a limb. Better yet learn to how to knock a dude out from the guard. If wrestlers wanna wrestle then go to ADCC.

FACE

Banned
Well Jerry's in the tag fishing thread crying he didn't get hit.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I've been playing games recently. Psychonauts was really cool, and now I'm playing Bioshock. Basically the wall of shame games I've been meaning to play for a while. Good times.

I loved the Walking Dead episodes as well, and that made me want to read some Zombie literature, and I don't really care to read the comics. World War Z is the obvious choice, so I might pick that up, but a coworker gave me a copy of 'Plague of the Dead', so maybe I'll start reading that.

I played Max Payne 3 and the more I think about it the less I like it.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
probably more like 5 or 6 years ago when Pride collapsed and there was supposed to be a huge influx of talent into the UFC with Rampage, Shogun, Wand, Arona, Little Nog, Sokodju, etc...
Rampage went crazy
Shogun got fat
Wanderlei got skinny
Arona fell off the face of the earth
Little Nog lives in his brother's shadow
and Sudoku is in the carnie leagues

We saw what happened when they made a HW season.
What, you don't like seeing "professional athletes" stand around with their hands on their knees three minutes into the first round?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
We're going in circles here, but what I'm saying is Kampmann probably wouldn't have gotten a shot had Dana scheduled fights as aggressively as he has for LHW. I mean the guy is 3-2 his last five fights, he's been considered a solid vet but not anything contender status until he beat Ellenberger.

That's all I'm saying. Dana didn't put Hendricks and Ellenberger in a fight to eliminate one another, he did it with Shogun and Hendo, and he keeps going it with the LHW's just to make big fights.

It's not a coincidence is what I'm saying. You're saying Joe Silva made Hendo/Shogun just for the sake of making a big fight. I'm arguing that it was the only fight available for Dan to actually take. You're talking about Dan being fed a middleweight which just proves the point.

Speaking of Rampage, did anyone see those TMZ pictures of him about to feast on two huge piles of fried carnival food? I know his next fight is two months away but don't their training camps normally start 10 weeks out?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Speaking of Rampage, did anyone see those TMZ pictures of him about to feast on two huge piles of fried carnival food? I know his next fight is two months away but don't their training camps normally start 10 weeks out?

Well, he's on dat TRT now so he should be able to lose weight quickly.

Plus he's an athlete. Their metabolisms can handle one-off shit like this.

I hope to hell he makes weight now with that kind of statement.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Cheat day?

Fuck, I found some site called mobilitywod in the exercise-thread. Doing some of the first exercises, and I am about as mobile as a pile of concrete. Especially hips, quads and calves. Painful as anything, but hopefully it'll help in the long run, especially with knee pain (tendinitis/jumper's knee in my left knee).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Cheat day?

Fuck, I found some site called mobilitywod in the exercise-thread. Doing some of the first exercises, and I am about as mobile as a pile of concrete. Especially hips, quads and calves. Painful as anything, but hopefully it'll help in the long run, especially with knee pain (tendinitis/jumper's knee in my left knee).

Get some compression sleeves. Stabilize your knees mang. Thats the last thing in the world you wanna aggravate or damage further.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Get some compression sleeves. Stabilize your knees mang. Thats the last thing in the world you wanna aggravate or damage further.

Yeah, I have some supoort band when I'm at the gym. Actually squats (been going with super slow progression, up to 5 reps of 90+ kgs now)have helped immensely, and right now I'm completely pain free. It kinda comes and goes though, usually when I am not stretching enough.

TheNatural

My Member!
It's not a coincidence is what I'm saying. You're saying Joe Silva made Hendo/Shogun just for the sake of making a big fight. I'm arguing that it was the only fight available for Dan to actually take. You're talking about Dan being fed a middleweight which just proves the point.

Why is Kampmann considered a contender then? It was the only fight for Dan to take ... but really Hendricks was the only logical fight for Ellenberger to take too. Kampman was 2-2 before he beat Ellenberger.

I bet if you compiled how many times the guys Jones has won and defended his title against (Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, and now Henderson) - that core group of five guys have only lost to basically one another the past several years in the division. You fight each other, you're going to lose.

But take Diaz, Condit, Ellenberger, Hendricks, Kampmann. How many times have they fought or lost to one another recently?

I listed who the guys have beaten recently, and it's not one another. You put those guys against one another ALL THE TIME the same would happen to the division.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
A friend posted on Facebook that he saw some guy passed out in the leg press machine at the gym. Called for help, and the staff called an ambulance, but apparently the guy died. Brain aneurysm supposedly. Fucked up.

So, I guess stay away from machines and only squat with a bar.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
A friend posted on Facebook that he saw some guy passed out in the leg press machine at the gym. Called for help, and the staff called an ambulance, but apparently the guy died. Brain aneurysm supposedly. Fucked up.

That is not how I'd wanna go out.

Can we all agree to a day we can all watch Hijacked?

images

FACE

Banned
No.

I bet Couture holds the hijacker against the wall for 15 minutes, lands the occasional strike and saves everyone.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

We need Rippetoe to do a PSA or some shit.

SteveWD40

So Maia vs Story and Erick Silva vs Fitch at 153....looking like a stacked card even though the main event is lacking

Fitch gone die

Maia v Story intrigues me, I can't decide if it will be a shitty kickboxing match or a crazy grapple match where Maia will tear something off Story.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't even know what your stance is Natch. Do you think 205 is a weak division or not? Before you blame it on Jones, understand some of us have been saying this prior to 2011.

Heel

I don't even know what your stance is Natch. Do you think 205 is a weak division or not? Before you blame it on Jones, understand some of us have been saying this prior to 2011.

Supports Silva vs. Belfort II "superfight" to close his career with fights that matter, yet has maintained a strong opposition to Silva vs. Jones. Has he cleaned out the division yet, Natch? :)

dem

Maia v Story intrigues me, I can't decide if it will be a shitty kickboxing match or a crazy grapple match where Maia will tear something off Story.

Maia can't take Story down... Story won't need to take it down..

so shitty kickboxing match

205 has become very top heavy. In 2007-09 it was crazy stacked. Chuck and Tito retired, Wand left the division and many fighters that were hot at the time fell in a slump like Forrest, Jardine and Sokodju.

iLLmAtlc

Oh well that makes sense but that seems to be more of a reflection of Jones' dominance than the strength of the division. To me the top is still full of sharks with Shogun, Machida, Rashad and Henderson.

Well the issue can also be in part on how quick Jones went through it. He beat Shogun, Rampage, Bader and Machida in 1 year. Beat Rashad in April and now is fighting Hendo and might even fight again his year. He's a pretty active champ and this gives no time for new contenders to emerge.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Oh well that makes sense but that seems to be more of a reflection of Jones' dominance than the strength of the division. To me the top is still full of sharks with Shogun, Machida, Rashad and Henderson.

Aside from bones almost everyone in the upper echelon is damaged goods. If rampage gave any fucks and actually trained with a real camp he'd be the only one id take semi seriously to pose a threat to bones, or at least that would have been the case had he not gotten wrestle graped by bader.

Dream - women's gymnastics is starting soon. Getcha creepy on!

Rick Story vs Maia at 153. Interesting matchup but I think Story has that one in the bag.

TheNatural

My Member!
Supports Silva vs. Belfort II "superfight" to close his career with fights that matter, yet has maintained a strong opposition to Silva vs. Jones. Has he cleaned out the division yet, Natch? :)

That's a lie. Anderson isn't moving up though, he's the the king of the cage, so any movement should be to face him, not vice versa. Jones isn't dropping, and GSP isn't moving up, even at a catchweight, so there's no superfights in the works.

Top Bottom