• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Velasquez has the ability to draw from the Hispanic demo that UFC is usually weak in, but does great for his main event fights and would generate far more Hispanic media.
The same hispanic demo that booed Cain out of the Honda Center less than a year ago?

The Overeem fight was bigger before. Now that it's somehow become a personal grudge between the two makes it even better.

DKehoe

The same hispanic demo that booed Cain out of the Honda Center less than a year ago?

The Overeem fight was bigger before. Now that it's somehow become a personal grudge between the two makes it even better.

The idea of him chasing the title will capture that demos interest, especially after how he demolished Bigfoot.

The point wasn't which would draw better, just that Nevada isn't really making more off one than the other so I doubt Kizer is going to have his viewed changed by UFC saying it will be a huge fight. It would make the athletic commission look like even more of a joke if they reduced his suspension after already letting him off easy.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
"It's not up to me to say 'Oh wait, stop. He's next, he's next.' That's not my job. It's my job to fight whoever they put in front of me" -Benson Henderson on defending his title

Take notes, Canderson.

I wish it wasn't pick and choose for fighters. Melvin said three people didn't want to fight Cerrone so he stepped in to fight his friend. Dana needs to force more fights.

Heel

I wish it wasn't pick and choose for fighters. Melvin said three people didn't want to fight Cerrone so he stepped in to fight his friend. Dana needs to force more fights.

At the very least start calling out more fighters and management like they did to Shogun. These serpents need put on blast.

I think we've talked about this once or twice, but when I see an oddball match up I'm more inclined to think there's backstage shenanigans going on before I go blaming Joe Silva. For all we know it's his 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice of an opponent for someone.

Sarah Kauffman = mma-gaf lurker?

"People can have a mystique behind someone because they have the same submission over and over again. It does create an aura"

__

Babalu signed for Bellator's season 8 LHW tournament.

__

Nerds - looking to get into graphic novels. Already have Walking Dead & Batman Killing Joke. What else should I get? Is Hellblazer good? (I loved that Constantine movie)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

"People can have a mystique behind someone because they have the same submission over and over again. It does create an aura"

__

__

Nerds - looking to get into graphic novels. Already have Walking Dead & Batman Killing Joke. What else should I get? Is Hellblazer good? (I loved that Constantine movie)

Hellblazer is good but the early stuff can be a bit of a slow. Sandman, Marvels, Kingdom Come, the Marvel Knights trades if you can still find em (Inhumans, Daredevil), Civil War. If youre feeling exotic you can get Lone wolf & Cub and Blade of the Immortal. The big two usually compile trades out of big events and they tend to be worth while.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

__

__

If you want more Batman get

Year One
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
The Black Mirror

Try Locke & Key. It is a horror series written by Stephen King's son.

Ænima

Yeah I don't see the appeal to Cain, he looks like Shogun if he stuffed his face with Taco Bell for 3 months straight.
I feel like I should like him more than I actually do. He is a great fighter with good stand-up and wrestling, and all of his victories outside of the Kongo fight have been finishes. It is a shame he has the personality of a cardboard box and is just not as good as JDS.

It's never too late to join the Bad MMA party, friend.

Lottery Ticket said:
I'm probably forgetting things because my comics aren't organized but my favorites since getting back into comics as an adult would probably be the Boys and Luna bros stuff. The Boys is about to end, so I dunno if there will be some ultimate collection in the next year, but it's a good time to get into it for a marathon read, since you won't have to wait so see what happens. Following it over the years has been great but sometimes torture, since I was only following via tpb so had very long periods without. Especially when they did the Highland Hughie shit; had to wait twice as long for the next regular series tpb. Actually I think that's when I started buying floppies again.

Weird, wake up this morning to see that a guy I graduated high school with is Romney's VP pick. I don't remember much about him other than being voted "Biggest Brown Noser" Hey, it was the ' 80's.

On topic, could Alistair fight outside the US while suspended?

Weird, wake up this morning to see that a guy I graduated high school with is Romney's VP pick. I don't remember much about him other than being voted "Biggest Brown Noser" Hey, it was the ' 80's.

On topic, could Alistair fight outside the US while suspended?
He could be the board highly advised him to not fight anywhere else. So he is just training.

dream

I have to teach Alison Bechdel's "Fun Home" in a couple of weeks.

So read that and help me think of stuff to say. It's really good, I promise.

Well, obviously, the question of whether Alison's homosexuality really was a trigger for her father's suicide should lead to some fun class discussions.

But I think what fascinates me the most is Bechdel's claim that she uses literary allusions not as a conceit but because that's how she defines her parents.

Will you be teaching "Are You My Mother?" too?

Maybe they're concerned he'll get confused about their rules vs another country's regulations, but seems like it is his choice and should have no bearing on how they evaluate him in the future.

SFL Challengers is how TUF would be if the fighters were respectful and polite. It's quite endearing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmb8_3TbUdo

Omg at the girl trying to do pushups.

FACE

Banned
Hey Grim:

seinfeld-krameroutoftkoo9n.gif

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I understand why he shouldn't fight elsewhere from a business perspective, but what is the reasoning from the commission's perspective?
Alpha dog shit over him daring to break their precious rules. Corporate/governmental bodies have the same stupid dom/sub hangups as everyone else. They just do it with other people's money.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
In order to prevent a severely negative viewing experience, I'm only watching the Cowboy and Bendo fights tonight. I legit don't care about any of the other putrid fights on the card. I'm going to treat this like a boxing card.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
In order to prevent a severely negative viewing experience, I'm only watching the Cowboy and Bendo fights tonight. I legit don't care about any of the other putrid fights on the card. I'm going to treat this like a boxing card.

In the meantime, we can all discuss some MMA.

9mABI.jpg

Top Bottom