• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

VASPER

Banned
So i have no idea why we think Cain is deserving a title shot, i think its fine because Reem is out this year. Now their is no other heavyweight that is more deserving than Cain that can fight this year but i can't help but feel that Cain lost in the same fashion everyone has to JDS, so why should i be excited about a rematch?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Foda and Ply

272909002.gif

I dont even know how many days it was cause i didnt keep track.

VASPER

Banned
Its more WHY am i going to care about the RM, its take it or leave it. It's the same with the Edger Bendo RM i don't care, but at the same time it seems like that the most logical move. Yes money hats 2.

I have no idea what ya'll are talking about.

So apparently Direct TV was down nationwide on Saturday night and it had a big impact on PPV sales ..

Dana: "Worst gate since 2007, for a pay-per-view, without a doubt."

That's an interesting statement considering the sales for 147 were so terrible they never released the numbers. (that I know of anyway)

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
How about championship fights are 4 standard rounds and if it's a draw at the end of 4, 5th round is no time limit, fight to finish.
I'm still inclined toward the Thunderdome solution. Or run ins from the locker room.

I just heard her talk. She still has her child voice.
She's still no Karrie Strugg.

She sounds like a child. I have a 13 year old niece that sounds more mature than her.
Uncle Bella will have her on hormone supressants through Rio.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I clicked on some folders that i shouldn't have clicked on.
Yeah, if you're going to do that, you need to hide folders on the spank bank and turn safe search on. It's like not buying Oreos when you're cutting back on the sweet stuff. You just don't need that in the house.

ShaneB

bj penn goat

Shogun? Is that you?

It's odd to think that one of my favourite cards ever was the season premiere of TUF Live when they had like 16 1-round fights. It was awesome.

One of my biggest issue with watching mma live is just how damn long things are with downtime and all that. Sure it's the unpredicability of the sport, but that TUF premiere was basically 2.5 hours of non-stop fights, crazy knockouts, guys giving it their all because they've only got 5 minutes to win.

We all know that most fights turn to shit after 1 round. Bad cardio, point fighting after a fighter knows he won round 1, etc etc.

Sure there are great fights that go the distance, and the rare cases where a fight would benefit going into a couple more rounds, but those are damn rare.

Get the fights over quick I say and make the event more seemless.

Werdum is far more deserving of a title shot than Cain. SMH @ Cain RM. Its still very fresh in everyones mind and the first fight was a 60 second uncompetitive, embarrassing and humiliating joke.

JimiNutz

Banned
Fights should be one 10 min round.
If neither fighter is finished by end of 10 mins it's an automatic draw. I don't care if you dominate the other guy on the ground for 10 mins or if you beat shit out of the other guy for 10 mins, if you can't finish him and he hangs on in there then he's earned himself a draw. No shitty judging and fighters that can't finish get paid less.

If its a champ fight and it's a draw then the champ keeps his belt BUT three draws in a row mean that you have to vacate your title and face a 6 month ban for being a boring fuck.

Shit woild be exciting...

I dig the current set up of 3 rounds for a regular fight and 5 for a main event. I think it should stay that way.

And Expandables 3 already? Was there an Expendables 2? I never saw the first one yet. Looked sorta .. meh.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I dig the current set up of 3 rounds for a regular fight and 5 for a main event. I think it should stay that way.

And Expandables 3 already? Was there an Expendables 2? I never saw the first one yet. Looked sorta .. meh.

Expendables 2 is out on Friday I think.

I have to say the prospect of Nic Cage being in the 3rd and playing a Castor Troy type character is rather intriguing.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Like the response of "I...uh..."

I'm also fine with the current format, but since main events can be 5 round affairs, maybe give the possibility of earlier fights being one round.

DKehoe

On the most recent Wrestling Observer Radio it was revealed that Joe Silva wrote in to the Observer in 1996 claiming Pancrase was fake and all a work.

Top Bottom