• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also, some of you underestimate the entertainment value of seeing 'established' Strikeforce vets get canned by random no names. Can't wait to see Derek "Doyle" Brunson lay a flush on Jacare.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Also, some of you underestimate the entertainment value of seeing 'established' Strikeforce vets get canned by random no names. Can't wait to see Derek "Doyle" Brunson lay a flush on Jacare.
What the fuck is a Derek Brunson? His record says his last fight he lost to Kendal Grove LOL

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In your case if you changed your icon I probably wouldn't recognise you anymore haha. I also wonder how many times people thought your icon had to do with Resistance and not a Zdzislaw Beksinski painting.

Gaming siders are like that.

This is my 4th avatar. I don't plan on ever changing it really.

As much as I dislike Jones, its hard not to appreciate how active hes been. There is a reason why hes the best fighter of his generation. Dude puts work in.

Exactly. Plus, like I said, he's disciplined about it. A lot of younger guys may just rush into fights and get KTFO'd.

Exactly. Plus, like I said, he's disciplined about it. A lot of younger guys may just rush into fights and get KTFO'd.

tumblr_m4oguyMuOG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

industrian

ONE FC have finally found a can for Aoki to crush on his debut. Some dude called Arnaud Lepont.

ONE FC have finally found a can for Aoki to crush on his debut. Some dude called Arnaud Lepont.

I wonder if ONE FC will be up to the same hijinx as Dream to coddle Aoki - ie letting a round keep running when Aoki has someone's back or yellow carding the guy on the bottom for stalling while Aoki has them immobilized, etc.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I feel like I know a little more about you guys' jack off and sex habits than I'd like to.

My car still stalls once in a while when going slow, and the engine is also shuddering randomly, sometimes while idling, sometimes when I'm trying to accelerate. It's a bit scary when i'm trying to merge onto the freeway, and instead of a clean acceleration the whole car shakes for a moment before speeding up.

Meanwhile I start my new job in a week and school traffic is back in full force Monday.

My friend put it into my head that with my new job I can afford a new car, but this one is only 7-8 years old. I probably put around $30k into it, paid it off in 2 years but that was still about $21k, and then all the maintenance, tire and brake changes, etc. I might be off on that estimate, haven't been keeping track of costs in the last couple years. About $4k a year. Is that reasonable? It ran perfectly up until now.

I mean, my previous car was $500 and lasted 2 years.

I feel like I know a little more about you guys' jack off and sex habits than I'd like to.

My car still stalls once in a while when going slow, and the engine is also shuddering randomly, sometimes while idling, sometimes when I'm trying to accelerate. It's a bit scary when i'm trying to merge onto the freeway, and instead of a clean acceleration the whole car shakes for a moment before speeding up.

Meanwhile I start my new job in a week and school traffic is back in full force Monday.

My friend put it into my head that with my new job I can afford a new car, but this one is only 7-8 years old. I probably put around $30k into it, paid it off in 2 years but that was still about $21k, and then all the maintenance, tire and brake changes, etc. I might be off on that estimate, haven't been keeping track of costs in the last couple years. About $4k a year. Is that reasonable? It ran perfectly up until now.

I mean, my previous car was $500 and lasted 2 years.

I just read this entire post in drunk Don Frye voice.

GungHo

Are you saying you spend $4k a year in maintenance? If that's what you're saying, no, that's not reasonable unless you're driving an Audi or something.

If you're saying that's your true cost to own, including fuel, depreciation, etc, that's not too bad.

In any case, I'd make sure that your new job is stable and that you're going to be around for awhile before you take any financial obligations. Additionally, about six months would be considered stable employment by credit grantors, so you're not going to get screwed on a higher interest rate. What are you looking to buy?

Make sure to get a model where you can plug in a fleshlight, though, so you can enjoy that first night with that new car smell. (How did I do at my turn to creep people the fuck out? Do I need to add in some analingus so you people need to wash your brains out?)

I'm estimating I put about $30k total into it so far, including payments and maintenance, and it's about 7.5 years old. So $4k a year total.

Ya, I was thinking this car has to last my first 6 months. That's my probation time and what my new boss keeps saying is how long I have to learn.

I just want something that will get me around without hassle. I sit in traffic a lot so I need a/c and a stereo, but otherwise I don't care. I'll probably get another lower-mid range sedan.

GungHo

Corollas and Civics are soulless, but those four-bangers last forever.

industrian

Talking about cars is one of those things that bores me completely.

Probably has something to do with me never learning to drive.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm estimating I put about $30k total into it so far, including payments and maintenance, and it's about 7.5 years old. So $4k a year total.

Ya, I was thinking this car has to last my first 6 months. That's my probation time and what my new boss keeps saying is how long I have to learn.

I just want something that will get me around without hassle. I sit in traffic a lot so I need a/c and a stereo, but otherwise I don't care. I'll probably get another lower-mid range sedan.

I think it may be time to put er down

I bought a Kia because my friend worked at the dealer, it was cheaper than Toyota/Honda, and the reviews said they had worked out the problems that gave them a bad rep. The problem is I can't find a good mechanic who knows this car. At least with a Corolla or Civic if there's a problem like this chances are my mechanic will have seen it thousands of times before.

How's the Yaris on maintenance? Is that mostly driving in LA? I think LA and Hawaii have similar shitty traffic.

I bought a Kia because my friend worked at the dealer, it was cheaper than Toyota/Honda, and the reviews said they had worked out the problems that gave them a bad rep. The problem is I can't find a good mechanic who knows this car. At least with a Corolla or Civic if there's a problem like this chances are my mechanic will have seen it thousands of times before.

How's the Yaris on maintenance? Is that mostly driving in LA? I think LA and Hawaii have similar shitty traffic.

I haven't had any problems. Just oil change and tune ups. It's driving 60 miles M-F for the last three years in central Cali.

Talking about cars is one of those things that bores me completely.

Probably has something to do with me never learning to drive.
I wish I lived in a country where I didn't have to drive. Catching the bus here is literally +5 hours out of my day, with the walking, waiting, and then the bus sitting in the same shitty traffic that cars do, except stopping every block for passengers.

Actually I don't want to live in another country, I just wish our infrastructure had been better designed for mass transit, biking, and pedestrians. Other countries still suck. USA! USA! USA!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Very early numbers indicate about 190,000 North American buys (this is not a direct buy number or even a strong estimate but just a very preliminary figure). While nobody going in expected big numbers, that would still be below most expectations. As we always say, there is significant potential margin of error this early, but suffice to say this show probably did not do well. We’ll have a better read on this in two weeks.

ibzTXNVp61JB9x.jpg

Top Bottom