• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
Anderson is gonna lose his next fight by not being active. Ring rust and age are gonna catch up, I also don't think he looked that good in the Sonnen fight.

I love Anderson, but he needs to keep active in this point in his career if hes going to be facing hungry 22 year olds for the rest of his career.

He's not going to be facing Weidman anyway, he's waiting for the inevitable GSP superfight. Texas Stadium next year, book it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh and Bones giving it to Chael LOL

Jon Bones JonesVerified
‏@JonnyBones
@sonnench If you're going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man.

Jones and Chael has a lot of potential, because Jon takes shit more personal than Anderson does. There won't any "Shael you can come to my barbecue" if they fight.

9/10 times I envision people resembling their avatars. Please grow a mustache so you look more like Bennett
I still think of you as:
6I571.png

The more off time he has the longer of a reigning champ he is, total bullshit Dana lets him do this.
The most generous I can be is that maybe he's waiting for Weidman or anyone else at 185 to develop some kind of aura to make it a big ME fight. Right now it would be like Thales Leitas level hype.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL this is good shit. Ongoing Twitter war of the year:

Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones @sonnench the things you say about me hold absolutely no weight, you disrespected Anderson and his country but fought like a child.

Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones
@sonnench If you're going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man.

chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
@jonnybones Oh I plan too. Btw, how long did it take your parents to come up with your name, JON JONES.. #creative

@sonnench and you call me a punk, I'm more man than you'll ever be. #Coward #Cheater

@sonnench lol dude, you're not worth my time.. Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I'll be glad to hurt you

SteveWD40

The most generous I can be is that maybe he's waiting for Weidman or anyone else at 185 to develop some kind of aura to make it a big ME fight. Right now it would be like Thales Leitas level hype.

Right now I think Silva want's to protect his legacy and go out champ, tbh I am surprised he didn't retire after beating Chael in a decisive manner.

If he can cherry pick winnable fights (and so far he seems to be gunning for WW's...) then he might stick around but young, strong wrestlers with solid all round games and no hype are not going to interest him as he has more chance to lose and the PPV cut won't be as high.

I think it's pretty shitty to take half a year if not longer off if you're the champ and not injured. At the least vacate the belt, he could still headline PPVs on name alone.

If he can cherry pick winnable fights (and so far he seems to be gunning for WW's...) then he might stick around but young, strong wrestlers with solid all round games and no hype are not going to interest him as he has more chance to lose and the PPV cut won't be as high.
Yup. He doesn't want to go out like BJ, losing to a guy who casuals couldn't name after he was champ for a year.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Not being active is the worst thing a fighter can do to themselves outside of injury.

Especially younger fighters. Jon Jones being the greatest example of this. Just think about it, after the Hendo fight he will have fought 18 times in just over 4 years. He crammed in a lot of fights in his pre-UFC career, but in all honesty if he slows down now it's solely because there's no-one left for him to fight. I hope that a lot of younger fighters follow his style as long as they're disciplined about it as Jones was.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
@sonnench lol dude, you're not worth my time.. Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I'll be glad to hurt you
Can you tag people with Junior Member even if they're not on GAF?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Damn man Bones vs Chael would be awesome.

chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
Boarding plane to Oregon now, home of your corporate wage masters. Next time you are in town, knock on my door. Don't drive. @johnnybones

Nice zinger there at the end.

Chael's laying the foundations of another multi-million payday here. Let's hope he delivers.

chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
Boarding plane to Oregon now, home of your corporate wage masters. Next time you are in town, knock on my door. Don't drive. @johnnybones

Nice zinger there at the end.

Chael's laying the foundations of another multi-million payday here. Let's hope he delivers.

Maybe if they meet in person Jon can teach him how to pull off a spinning back fist without looking like a dumbfuck and falling on your ass.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I still think of you as:
6I571.png
That's the only icon I've had that got quoted a lot. I'd switch but I'm still riding the Heat championship high.
I look nothing like Richard Feynman.
Your a different case since you're one of hundreds of Pitbull. You actually buck the trend. You were pitbull before even registering.
And I have both skin and eyeballs.
In your case if you changed your icon I probably wouldn't recognise you anymore haha. I also wonder how many times people thought your icon had to do with Resistance and not a Zdzislaw Beksinski painting.

yacobod

Banned
why would ultra-vanilla, no personality JBJ try to start a twitter war with sports entertainer Chael? maybe he wants a no risk pay day like Anderson.

i'm going to call it that JBJ vs Hendo under-performs on PPV. JBJ is going to be an anderson-esque champion, i.e. he's going to need an opponent to draw heat for him to sell at the box office, i.e. Sugar Hashad or Chael P. Sonnen.

Especially younger fighters. Jon Jones being the greatest example of this. Just think about it, after the Hendo fight he will have fought 18 times in just over 4 years. He crammed in a lot of fights in his pre-UFC career, but in all honesty if he slows down now it's solely because there's no-one left for him to fight. I hope that a lot of younger fighters follow his style as long as they're disciplined about it as Jones was.

As much as I dislike Jones, its hard not to appreciate how active hes been. There is a reason why hes the best fighter of his generation. Dude puts work in.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's so obvious the UFC is drawing a roadmap for a Bones vs Chael ppv. Forrest is pretty much done but still has name value. I'd be stunned if Dana doesn't give Chael a title shot after that fight.

With how active Bones is, I'd expect him to fight Machida in late December/early January. The timing is perfect.

why would ultra-vanilla, no personality JBJ try to start a twitter war with sports entertainer Chael? maybe he wants a no risk pay day like Anderson.

i'm going to call it that JBJ vs Hendo under-performs on PPV. JBJ is going to be an anderson-esque champion, i.e. he's going to need an opponent to draw heat for him to sell at the box office, i.e. Sugar Hashad or Chael P. Sonnen.

Of course it's going to under-perform. Aurora wasn't that long ago. Never forget. People are still scared to go to the octagon.

Hendo v Chael, even without the title being involved if Hendo loses to Bones, would probably be a great fight. Hendo would knock that dude's block off Bitchping style.

yacobod

Banned
Guys tell the guy in the $1000 dollar bet thread to grow some balls and do this:

i wouldn't want to piss away a grand on a shitty 3way like that. better off going to a strip club spending that grand on a real 3way. would be more fun at any rate.

This post makes me laugh so much. Not even because I don't agree, just something about the way it's written with Jackson's mug next to it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40961252&postcount=396

when will gilbert have time to fight frank when he's got a quadrilogy to complete with punk thompson?

Heel

Top Bottom