• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

At the age of 27...

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships
ADCC 2007 –65 kg: 1st Place
ADCC 2005 –65 kg: 2nd Place
ADCC 2003 –65 kg: Quarter finals.
Record of opponents:
Won: Teemu Launis (pts), Mario Delgado (pts), Wagney Fabiano (pts), Marcio Feitosa Souza (pts), Darell Moodley (sub), Bruno 'Chavez' Frazzato (Rear Naked Choke), Baret Yoshida (pts), Leo 'Leozinho' Vieira (Rear Naked Choke), Kohei Yasumi (sub), Jeff Glover (pts)
Lost: Leonardo Viera (pts), Leonardo Viera (pts), Rubins Charles (sub)
CBJJ World Championships
2003 Brown Belt Pena: 1st Place
2002 Purple Belt Pluma: 1st Place
1999 Pan-Ams + World

Now let's see Cesar's record? How yeah he never competed. Well there was the one time he got his ass kicked.

Maybe you aren't a good reader...

How about Cesar Gracie's record as a trainer? You know--WHAT I WAS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT...

Gracie has produced guys like Shields, Melendez, Terrell, and the Diaz bros. He won 2010's Fighter's Only Trainer of the Year Award. Who are Yahya's marquee trainees?

But more over--and this bears repeating, over, and over again, if needed...

Cyborg.

Got.

MOUNTED

By.

Gina.

Carano.

Shields - one dimensional and was exposed by moving to UFC. Got beat up by a smaller man with one eye.
Gil - Got gifted a win after getting worked and is afraid of moving up to the big show.
Terrell- Lost to Evan Tanner
Nick Diaz- Cried like a bitch to Carlos Condit... (very much like his trainer Cesar Gracie). Also was big shit when he was fighting scrubs in SF but is nothing special when he can't beat up guys smaller than him.
Nate Diaz - Had to move to another weight class so he could have the advantage over a bunch of tiny dudes.

Rani Yahya is barely starting out as a coach. But you better believe that Cyborg is going to come in with better sub defense than any of Honda's opponents. Add in better striking.

EDIT: WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHO MOUNTED WHO? Aren't you the same person that was saying it didn't matter if Machida won the first round against Jones because in the end Jones won the fight. Will guess fucking what? Cyborg won the fight against Gina.

yacobod

Banned
jerry's talking out of his ass. nate diaz is back fighting at his correct weight class, gonna beat decision henderson for that 155# strap.

jerry's talking out of his ass. nate diaz is back fighting at his correct weight class, gonna beat decision henderson for that 155# strap.

lol Bendo is too big, it's gonna be like the RoryMac/Diaz fight except maybe not QUITE as dominant.

Bendo will decision Nate and Nate will bitch about it and then Nick will bitch about it in his next post fight interview too.

i don't think bendo's wrestling is good enough to body nate. bendo's going to get beat up on the feet and subbed.

Bendo...subbed?

ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
She had cupcake frosting in her hair.

Fuck...Gina Carano mounted Cyborg.
Next time, say it a little more slowly...

You ever heard the saying "A black belt in Judo is a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu"
As long as her one trick works, I'm not going to take it away from her. I would say, though, if Honda ever bumps up against someone who is able counter her judo grappling and put her in a solid plum clinch and lets the knees go, Honda ain't going to be so pretty any more.

They don't just hand out Bronze medals at the Olympics in sports like judo. Or World Cup gold medals in the senior division. Or seven years of experience taking podium after podium on the world stage.
And it serves her very well when she's going up against women who don't know what the fuck to do when someone grabs onto you besides stop, drop, and roll. I'm not sure Cyborg will be as timid.

That being said, Cyborg does have big holes in her game. Both ladies rely on being bigger and/or meaner than their opponents and win through intimidation. Cyborg wins because the other women don't want to get hit in the face. Honda wins because the other women don't want to lose an arm. It will be interesting to see them both fight someone who isn't going to be scared of their opponent.

As long as her one trick works, I'm not going to take it away from her. I would say, though, if Honda ever bumps up against someone who is able counter her judo grappling and put her in a solid plum clinch and lets the knees go, Honda ain't going to be so pretty any more.

And it serves her very well when she's going up against women who don't know what the fuck to do when someone grabs onto you besides stop, drop, and roll. I'm not sure Cyborg will be as timid.

That being said, Cyborg does have big holes in her game. Both ladies rely on being bigger and/or meaner than their opponents and win through intimidation. Cyborg wins because the other women don't want to get hit in the face. Honda wins because the other women don't want to lose an arm. It will be interesting to see them both fight someone who isn't going to be scared of their opponent.

I saw an article saying Cyborg went on Twitter after the fight and said there isn't a 145 division in Strikeforce anymore and she wants to go work in Invicta. Ducking, estregen overpowering the testosterone, who knows.

From the fights I've seen, her "strength"/size gave her an advantage and she also had decent striking.

Despite winning 6 fights with an armbar, who's to say if Rousey doesn't have more techniques in her bag of tricks. I don't that can be the only submission for a former Olympian judo practitioner.

Also, working with Gracie and the Diaz brothers has to be doing something for her stand up and cardio/conditioning. If I was her, I'd definitely focus on this.

Man, she just absolutely dominated Kaufman. I thought for sure the fight would go a few rounds with Kaufman, with Kaufman getting the better of her with her striking.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Despite staying up all night to watch it I passed out in the Bowling fight and woke up to the fight replay of Ronda's win.

OSP's KO is all I really remember though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Has anyone watched the Super Fight League reality show?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I saw a fat guy lose to a Diet Mark Hunt by being kicked on the legs whilst grounded. Not sure if it was an injury or the laziest TKO ever.

sounds great. will watch. FYI to all - jungle fights is now on the ESPN xbox app. bad mma has invaded my xbox!

lol Bendo is too big, it's gonna be like the RoryMac/Diaz fight except maybe not QUITE as dominant.

Bendo will decision Nate and Nate will bitch about it and then Nick will bitch about it in his next post fight interview too.

Bendo is sure gonna win, but I wouldn't say he's too big at all. He fights in the correct division for his size. Dudes only 5'7 -5'8. Norway he can compete in a larger division.

I saw an article saying Cyborg went on Twitter after the fight and said there isn't a 145 division in Strikeforce anymore and she wants to go work in Invicta. Ducking, estregen overpowering the testosterone, who knows.
There was a 145 women's fight on last night's card.

Fersis, I'm on SFLC ep 3 and I think Heel is watching also.

There was a 145 women's fight on last night's card.

I wasn't the one tweeting and PRESENT at the event. Maybe the estregen is making her random like a girl. Who tweets they want to leave Zuffa to work on the B organization?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cris-cyborg-unleashes-ronda-rousey-073937541--mma.html

If she played her cards right, if (a big IF) Dana ever decides to have a women's division, she'd be a shoe in to be there (as long as she remains clean).

Has anyone figured out how to use WatchESPN? I want to watch Jungle Fight. I registered, entered zip code and provider, I get

Time Warner Cable video subscribers have access to WatchESPN. Click here to watch your favorite ESPN sports and shows.

Click there and I have "play now" buttons but they don't do anything

Heel

Melendez can't move to UFC, even if (and they may) Zuffa want him there. You really don't think he wants to move?

Yeah, one of the biggest fallacies propagated in MMA today. Show me any evidence that Gil had the opportunity to go to the UFC. Gil was used as a bargaining chip between Showtime and Zuffa to keep Strikeforce alive, and was paid handsomely for it. Not his fault that Dana's "big plans" promised at the time never came to fruition.

Funny no one says Luke Rockhold is ducking anyone when he's in the exact same boat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MMA GAF is part of FGC GAF too? Wow!

And yeah im thinking on watching SFL Challengers ... i mean its free after all. XD

Tate is going to end up in Carano weight with this new gimmick.

LAvFz.jpg

Also how has this never come up before. California rule:

Are those the kicks that Jon Jones and (GOAT) Anderson Silva use?

Heel

Luke: I want to fight Anderson Silva

Gil: I'm happy in strike force.

Horrible troll, friend. Gil has been talking about unifying the belts before you even knew who Rock Lockhold was.

You gentlemen can believe he'd get crushed like a shiny tin can in the Ultimate if you'd like, but to say he's ducking based on negotiations out of his control is silly.

showmethereceipts.gif

Dwayne

Why did tate have her hair over her eye post fight? Black eye? My wife was pointing it out every time she was onscreen.

Top Bottom