• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Boogie

Also, Nick and/or Cesar better not come up with some spin about the missed weight being the reason for the no show.

Back in 2008, Diaz missed weight by 9.5 pounds, but his opponent still took the fight at the catchweight.

Also, Nick and/or Cesar better not come up with some spin about the missed weight being the reason for the no show.

Back in 2008, Diaz missed weight by 9.5 pounds, but his opponent still took the fight at the catchweight.
Yup that was the Scott Smith fight, right?

Boogie

As in not posting until you can pounce on him.. Was just joking anyways and you didn't even get it.. It's whatever

I got it.

I just object to the idea that my sole purpose in MMA-GAF at this point is to pop in to slam Diaz. I mean, it is fun, don't get me wrong, but that's not my sole intention. ;)

Heel

I feel bad for Braulio. Imagine actually going through with the cut as promised and then not having the match. The lowest weight on his record is 88 kg.

Boogie

But seriously, it's really fucking low to ditch out on a fight where your purse is going to charity. What the fuck, Nick?

edit: and by "fight", I mean "grappling match where who-the-fuck-cares if you get choked out by a BJJ world champion in thirty seconds?"

Dysun

968713_o.gif

Wow. You guys are going to feel really bad if there was a legit reason for Nick to not show up. He could be sick or hurt or something could have happened to him.

The only person we know for a fact is too afraid to fight is Estima for not accepting a replacement fight with 27x Mundial champ Renato Laranga.

Boogie

lmao @ Nick Diaz and his bitching about his shitty-ass Honda.

If I make 1/10th what you do in a year, and I have a more badass car than you, you're doing something wrong, Nick.

Boogie

Wow. You guys are going to feel really bad if there was a legit reason for Nick to not show up. He could be sick or hurt or something could have happened to him.

If he had such a legitimate reason, it would be reasonable to expect his head coach, manager, and close friend Cesar Gracie to know something about it, rather than to say he has "no idea" where Nick is or why he no showed. Of course, Cesar is starting to sound like a bit of a broken record on this point, but, eh........

MjFrancis

"I know he's supposed to be the big MMA bad guy and he's all tough, he's supposed to be showbiz, but what is this?" said Estima, who won two gold medals at the 2009 ADCC tourney and is a three-time World Championship gold medalist. "When you make an announcement that you're going to fight for charity and you don't show up, what the hell is going on? It's not about showbiz. It's about being a good person. I don't know what is going on."
Good job, Nick.

Nick Diaz is the old skool HBK of MMA. Rat Pack = Klique. Nick Diaz not showing up reminds me of when HBK didnt want to job to Bret in early 97 because of his fake knee injury.

Top Bottom