• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

I totally forgot again. Watching now...SAPP TIME INCOMING.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

Nice, I got home just in time for the Khalidov fight

Oh shit he's fighting Rodney Wallace... Lol last time I saw him was when I went to Oakland for UFC 117 and he lost to Phil Davis

"the former UFC fighter who has NEVER LOST BY KNOCKOUT"

Sapp says this fight is going to be all about who has more heart, and who can take more pain. lol

How he keeps a straight face in this promo is beyond me.

I'm there Grim

tass0

Banned
“I brought a couple of wrestlers to help me out. One of them (Steve Mocco) fought Cain Velasquez three times in high school and defeated him every single one," Silva told Tatame.com. "He’s spending a couple of weeks here to give me tips and tell me why I should worry about Cain Velasquez."

“He’s a good guy. He’s very strong, about the same height as Cain and has a lot of experience for having fought him before. It’s a great thing for me," he added.

I can't believe I'm giving Bigfoot a chance here.

I'm so looking forward to this fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

When I was in Thailand I saw kids fighting all the time. It was quite a conflicting experience in that I wanted to see people get violently KO'd but at the same time knowing these dudes had Math homework to finish.

The most violent KO I saw was a girl fighter though. She took a big elbow to the head, cut her open and she was straight out. KOs were extremely rare in the three events I went to (about 4-5 KOs max out of 27 fights) simply due to the god-tier conditioning of the fighters.

I never saw a referee wearing a shirt with a big ass swastika on it though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
When I was in Thailand I saw kids fighting all the time. It was quite a conflicting experience in that I wanted to see people get violently KO'd but at the same time knowing these dudes had Math homework to finish.

The most violent KO I saw was a girl fighter though. She took a big elbow to the head, cut her open and she was straight out. KOs were extremely rare in the three events I went to (about 4-5 KOs max out of 27 fights) simply due to the god-tier conditioning of the fighters.

I never saw a referee wearing a shirt with a big ass swastika on it though.

Where were you training?

industrian

Where were you training?

SuWit Muay Thai in Phuket.

It was cheap, not full of asshole "I train for UFC, bro" Americans like other places (Tiger Muay Thai, etc), and if you train for a month you get to watch free weekly fights at their small arena. It helps that the trainers are all fucking bad ass current or retired Muay Thai fighters but the thing that made me appreciate it the most is that there was no "stage management" whatsoever. As in: they didn't dress it up or glam it up in any way whatsoever to try and make it look like something more than it is. It's a rather ghetto-looking gym that provides the authentic "this is how Thai people train" experience and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just around the corner you had Tiger Muay Thai, Dragon Muay Thai and Phuket Top Team. If I were wanting to branch out into MMA I would probably go to Phuket Top Team, but for straight-up Muay Thai I would go back to SuWit any time.

But considering I'm in hospital right now with a suspected pulmonary embolism I doubt I'll be doing any more training for a long time.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

It was cheap, not full of asshole "I train for UFC, bro" Americans like other places (Tiger Muay Thai, etc), and if you train for a month you get to watch free weekly fights at their small arena. It helps that the trainers are all fucking bad ass current or retired Muay Thai fighters but the thing that made me appreciate it the most is that there was no "stage management" whatsoever. As in: they didn't dress it up or glam it up in any way whatsoever to try and make it look like something more than it is. It's a rather ghetto-looking gym that provides the authentic "this is how Thai people train" experience and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just around the corner you had Tiger Muay Thai, Dragon Muay Thai and Phuket Top Team. If I were wanting to branch out into MMA I would probably go to Phuket Top Team, but for straight-up Muay Thai I would go back to SuWit any time.

But considering I'm in hospital right now with a suspected pulmonary embolism I doubt I'll be doing any more training for a long time.

Aw fuck dude..sorry to hear that.. get well soon. I always wanted to go out to Phuket but never could afford it. Kru Nurse was pushing me to do it but i never got my financial situation in order. Anyway i hope you feel better dude.

Heel

Must have been a very interesting experience out there. Sorry to hear about the hospital thing...

Did you see MMA-GAF legend Brian Ebersole at Tiger Muay Thai? He just got hired on as their lead MMA instructor not too long ago. Maybe he'll settle their egos down a bit, as he seems to be a chill dude.

Kru Nurse was pushing me to do it but i never got my financial situation in order. Anyway i hope you feel better dude.

Phil Nurse? That's awesome. How did you link up with him?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Must have been a very interesting experience out there. Sorry to hear about the hospital thing...

Did you see MMA-GAF legend Brian Ebersole at Tiger Muay Thai? He just got hired on as their lead MMA instructor not too long ago. Maybe he'll settle their egos down a bit, as he seems to be a chill dude.

Phil Nurse? That's awesome. How did you link up with him?

I trained at the wat from 2006 to 2010.

industrian

Jorge Masvidal was doing a couple of seminars there whilst I was in Phuket.

Heel

Jorge Masvidal was doing a couple of seminars there whilst I was in Phuket.

I wish I could find this long ass blog post I think that Roger Huerta did detailing the beef between Tiger Muay Thai and Phuket Top Team. Pretty interesting read. I think things got heated when he switched camps.

Did he really say that? Legendary if so.

Yep, he cut an awesome taped promo on Mario. Plus he was up laughing and joking with the cornermen roughly 30 seconds after the fight got stopped.

It's going to be sad to see this run come to an end. First ballot Bad MMA hall of famer for sure.

industrian

I wish I could find this long ass blog post I think that Roger Huerta did detailing the beef between Tiger Muay Thai and Phuket Top Team. Pretty interesting read. I think things got heated when he switched camps.

Considering that their camps are on the same street and are a 3 minute walk away from each other, I find the notion of beef between them to be hilarious.

Truth be told though, Tiger guys would fight at the weekly fights held at my camp. Whenever they fought they just came across as the bad guys from Karate Kid. Only one of them won, and that was a shitty decision.

zomg oh noes

Yeah I got banned enough times on BE that I was all like fuck it i'll put my real name in this time, hell everyone else does

i'm just glad you care enough to go all GAF Detective, Natch

and you'd better hope i'm not related to bolo

bolo-yeung.jpg

Top Bottom