• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Coach Wink thinks Shael was gonna go all Pearl Harbor on poor widdle Jonny Bones

Wink is acting like it would've been Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty in Brutus's Barbershop or something, Jones being Jannetty. (for those of you who don't get the reference)

Oh and since it was kinda buried at the end of the last page:

4rCGj.jpg

ibb57QzoQb96PK.jpg

TheNatural

My Member!
I think this thread shows why MMA OT is a cut above other threads as well. We can agree, disagree, talk shit about it, or whatever else and no one gets all bent out of shape. It's forgotten about all by the next card anyway when alliances change.

Try the same shit in other sports threads and you'll get a "hey! rabble rabble rabble! how dare you disgrace my team like that!"

Good times. We're fucking MMA OT, we run this shit. You other people just live here.

I think this thread shows why MMA OT is a cut above other threads as well. We can agree, disagree, talk shit about it, or whatever else and no one gets all bent out of shape. It's forgotten about all by the next card anyway when alliances change.

Try the same shit in other sports threads and you'll get a "hey! rabble rabble rabble! how dare you disgrace my team like that!"

Good times. We're fucking MMA OT, we run this shit. You other people just live here.

Don't think I don't have a contingency plan of insults ready in case Jon Jones were to ever lose.

TheNatural

My Member!
Don't think I don't have a contingency plan of insults ready in case Jon Jones were to ever lose.

Then a month later we'll be hearing the GSP v. Condit stuff anyway. Then again, Yaco is deceased now, so there's no one to carry the GSP hate banner. Boogie still banned too, that's a good 10 pages of fighter war down the shitter.

SteveWD40

Fucking A, even a Bisping "fan" is allowed to play.

Then a month later we'll be hearing the GSP v. Conduit stuff anyway. Then again, Yaco is deceased now, so there's no one to carry the GSP hate banner. Boogie still banned too, that's a good 10 pages of fighter war down the shitter.

Oh I can definitely carry the Goddam Sleeping Pill Banner Of Hatred™. It'll be interesting (well, maybe not) to see who tries to avoid fighting in that cage more, him or the Natural Born Runner.

Heel

Anyone can see Natch is against anything that's a threat to his scumbag idol. Your simple favela tactics will be useless when Lord Georges lays on him for five full rounds, bum knee and all.

Be prepared to break the emergency glass on your Silver exit plan, playboy. Time waits for no can.

TheNatural

My Member!
Anyone can see Natch is against anything that's a threat to his scumbag idol. Your simple favela tactics will be useless when Lord Georges lays on him for five full rounds, bum knee and all.

Be prepared to break the emergency glass on your Silver exit plan, playboy. Time waits for no can.

LOL. Heel, you've been on some great crack this week. I've only called for a Silva-GSP fight since forever, even rooting for chumps like Sonnen to self destruct because it delayed the inevitable GSP fight, because anyone with a brain knew Silva would destroy Sonnen (he did.) I think you were a Pravda writer in your past life.

Silva will own GSP, Vitor will go the distance against Jones in a Rocky-esque performance, and then Anderson will be proven to be the undisputed GOAT.

Natch, you're assuming Victor Gracie is actually going to fight on September 22. You should know better.

And Ninja, we may as well talk about being the sky being blue if we go down that road.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm actually conflicted as to who I want to win in GSP vs. Conduit.

One one side I want to see GSP actually finish the Natural Born Runner in order to reintroduce himself to a division he no longer recognises and to live up to the misplaced hype that his fans give him. On the other side I think that Marathon Man's only redemption from the one-two of the Diaz Debacle and freezing the division for a year can come from standing over GSP's bloody corpse.

But I don't see why I should choose just now, as the fight will end up as Condit vs. Kampmann due to GSP pulling out due to another injury 5 days before the event.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm actually conflicted as to who I want to win in GSP vs. Conduit.

One one side I want to see GSP actually finish the Natural Born Runner in order to reintroduce himself to a division he no longer recognises and to live up to the misplaced hype that his fans give him. On the other side I think that Marathon Man's only redemption from the one-two of the Diaz Debacle and freezing the division for a year can come from standing over GSP's bloody corpse.

But I don't see why I should choose just now, as the fight will end up as Condit vs. Kampmann due to GSP pulling out and retiring due to persistent injuries 5 days before the event.

I rather GSP win so he goes in without losing in forever against Anderson. That is, unless winning means he has to keep defending the belt instead of fighting Silva.

I don't want any watered down Chuck vs. Wandy shit when the fight only happened after both lost their luster.

Heel

LOL. Heel, you've been on some great crack this week. I've only called for a Silva-GSP fight since forever, even rooting for chumps like Sonnen to self destruct because it delayed the inevitable GSP fight, because anyone with a brain knew Silva would destroy Sonnen (he did.) I think you were a Pravda writer in your past life.

Silva will own GSP, Vitor will go the distance against Jones in a Rocky-esque performance, and then Anderson will be proven to be the undisputed GOAT.

Please don't play the "whoever beats whoever faster is the better fighter" bullshit. We're better than that.

TheNatural

My Member!
Please don't play the "whoever beats whoever faster is the better fighter" bullshit. We're better than that.

You lost the "we're better than that" card when you screamed for 8 months about how Chael was going to kill Anderson and then pulled the "LOLOL doesn't count, he was the underdog, way to pick the favorite" card, Heel. Now you've just jumped from Weidman is going to kill Anderson, to Jones would kill Anderson, to GSP would beat Anderson since then. You were dead wrong with Sonnen, and then made excuses, so like Jones - your words have no clout now. I just assume it's all a troll by default.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
  • GSleeP finishes Condit with a fury of pre-Serra agressiveness
  • He grabs the mic from bald Joe Rogan and calls out Anderson in French
  • No one knows what he said so he reiterates, "You are next"
  • Anderson:
    0020_m6lr.gif
  • Uncle Dana:
    0058_eaqab.gif
  • The match is set for UFC 160 in a soccer stadium in Brazil
  • GSP then hurts his vagina and pulls out of the fight

Heel

You lost the "we're better than that" card when you screamed for 8 months about how Chael was going to kill Anderson and then pulled the "LOLOL doesn't count, he was the underdog, way to pick the favorite" card, Heel. Now you've just jumped from Weidman is going to kill Anderson, to Jones would kill Anderson, to GSP would beat Anderson since then. You were dead wrong with Sonnen, and then made excuses, so like Jones - your words have no clout now. I just assume it's all a troll by default.

It's easy to pick favorites. Pick an underdog wrong and I'll shit on you all day when youre wrong lol. Who cares?

Funny how the only reason Chael got a TD in the first fight was because Anderson hurt his hibs, yet was on his back literally within 2 seconds in the second fight. Who could predict Chael would think he's a whirling dervish?

I maintain Anderson is a scumbag who cant wrestle worth a lick against the elite like GSP and Jones. Hes faker than Bones by a longshot. Get mad.

ineRXWI2UFvcP.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Y6ySv.gif

Apologies friend FACE but you cannot be neutral in MMAGAF, you must stake your claim and investment into a fighter and their outcome in a match.

As for me, GSP will out game the Natural Point Maker Condit and move on to lose against da Silva who will catch GSP in a web of fear via rhythmic dodging and a well placed right hand.

Dana will slurp up to Silva calling him the GOAT, p4p, etc, then the UFC fan base will attempt to hype a Jones/da Silva match up in which Silva will decline. Dana will be furious and attempt to devalue him as he has done with Jones.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

This raises an interesting point. Where would the fight take place? Would they flip a coin to decide, or would Dana get the awesome idea to milk two fights out of this. And go balls-out crazy in the process. The first fight could take place in the Maracanã in Rio (around 80,000 seats) and then those crazy Canucks could attempt to one-up them by trying to fill the Montreal Olympic Stadium (70-80,000 I think.)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GSP/Anderson will somehow become a trilogy and the card will feature other notorious rematches such as Nam Phan/Leonard Garcia and Edgar vs. Maynard vs. Bendo in a triple threat.

This raises an interesting point. Where would the fight take place? Would they flip a coin to decide, or would Dana get the awesome idea to milk two fights out of this. And go balls-out crazy in the process. The first fight could take place in the Maracanã in Rio (around 80,000 seats) and then those crazy Canucks could attempt to one-up them by trying to fill the Montreal Olympic Stadium (70-80,000 I think.)

They could fight on the island of Barbuda. That appears to be the geographic center between Rio De Janeiro and Montreal.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Victor Gracie will shock the world by knocking bones out in ten seconds. He will then unify lhw and mw. By that time the fight between condit and gsp will have finished and Victor will call out Captain Canada and claim his title as the GOAT. The NEW old Vitor. Believe.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Guida/Maynard 2: The Quickening
Guida promo vid
"With my hair not being tied this time, I just feel like I'm in the best shape I've ever been in"

Maynard promo vid
"This prissy motherfucker thinks his hair makes a difference, I only asked him to tie it down so I wouldn't think I was facing Cyborg"

FACE

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/Y6ySv.gif[IMG]

Apologies friend FACE but you cannot be neutral in MMAGAF, you must stake your claim and investment into a fighter and their outcome in a match.

As for me, GSP will out game the Natural Point Maker Condit and move on to lose against da Silva who will catch GSP in a web of fear via rhythmic dodging and a well placed right hand.

Dana will slurp up to Silva calling him the GOAT, p4p, etc, then the UFC fan base will attempt to hype a Jones/da Silva match up in which Silva will decline. Dana will be furious and attempt to devalue him as he has done with Jones.[/QUOTE]

That's a great gif friend, will save it for future use.

I remain neutral on the Jones/Silva debate because both fighters usually finish in exciting ways, but if we're talking about that abhorrent canadian then fuck GSP and the ground he lays on.

TheNatural

My Member!
It's easy to pick favorites. Pick an underdog wrong and I'll shit on you all day when youre wrong lol. Who cares?

Funny how the only reason Chael got a TD in the first fight was because Anderson hurt his hibs, yet was on his back literally within 2 seconds in the second fight. Who could predict Chael would think he's a whirling dervish?

I maintain Anderson is a scumbag who cant wrestle worth a lick against the elite like GSP and Jones. Hes faker than Bones by a longshot. Get mad.

ineRXWI2UFvcP.jpg

LOL. Heel I can't get mad at you brah. I can't even tell if your not serious, serious, super serious, or no really really serious this time.

Difference between me and you, if I don't like a fighter, I don't say someone is going to own him just because I don't like em. That's UFC-GAF territory. You know, when people were saying how Rampage was going to stretcher out Bones or Machida was going to ether him. You're in UFC-GAF territory with that junk mang.

I'm not stupid enough to say Vitor is going to fuck Jones up or something just because I think he's a dick for pulling out of the PPV. That's the difference - I can not like someone, but at the same time be level headed about how good the guy is.

You're chasing ghosts.

DKehoe

• GSleeP finishes Condit with a fury of pre-Serra agressiveness
  • He grabs the mic from bald Joe Rogan and calls out Anderson in French
  • No one knows what he said so he reiterates, "You are next"
  • Anderson:
  • Uncle Dana:
  • GSP then hurts his vagina and pulls out of the fight

I was actually going to post this, email that was going round WWE (posted on the Wrestling Observer site)
--This was an e-mail that went around several in WWE a few days ago. It's not really that funny, but it was how WWE would have handled the UFC situation of this past week
*A mysterious person in a car takes out Jones, later revealed to be Lyoto Machida
*Dana White signs Ronda Rousey as General Manager of UFC, she orders Jones to fight Sonnen or he'll be stripped of the title
*Jones accidentally makes a Kobe Bryant joke, gets fired and stripped of the title
*Jones tells Sonnen he won't fight him at UFC 151, but if he beats a mystery opponent, he'll get a title shot. Anderson Silva is the mystery opponent. Jones tells Sonnen that he can't ever win the big one.
*C.M. Punk is made special referee of the Jones vs. Sonnen fight. Roddy Piper implores Punk of the honor of the title and not to cheat and give his friend the title
*No announcement made, the injury is kept secret, at the start of the show, Henderson is doing an interview and is taken out by Shogun.
*Chael should go to Jones' house and tear it up like the Orton vs. HHH angle a few years ago
*Sonnen photoshops pictures of Jones in ADIDAS merchandise, puts them in an envelope, and threatens to show the pictures to NIKE if he doesn't get the match

Pimpwerx

Bones is the opposite of Shale. His mouth is hurting his career.

Hurting his career? Pfft. His fans will still tune in to watch him curbstomp opponents, and his haters will still tune in for the minuscule chance he loses. Being a heel isn't that bad, as Chael has demonstrated. You can lose twice to the champ and still have people like me like you because you're just plain fun.

At the end of the day, no one watches MMA for the politics. This is fun silly season type stuff, but come the night of the fight, all we'll care about is the action in the ring. And there's no one on the horizon that can dethrone Bones. PEACE.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Hurting his career? Pfft. His fans will still tune in to watch him curbstomp opponents, and his haters will still tune in for the minuscule chance he loses. Being a heel isn't that bad, as Chael has demonstrated. You can lose twice to the champ and still have people like me like you because you're just plain fun.

At the end of the day, no one watches MMA for the politics. This is fun silly season type stuff, but come the night of the fight, all we'll care about is the action in the ring. And there's no one on the horizon that can dethrone Bones. PEACE.

Id qualify losing sponsors as hurting (=

Chamber

love on your sleeve

All 3 people named would beat Canderson.

Heel

LOL. Heel I can't get mad at you brah. I can't even tell if your not serious, serious, super serious, or no really really serious this time.

Difference between me and you, if I don't like a fighter, I don't say someone is going to own him just because I don't like em. That's UFC-GAF territory. You know, when people were saying how Rampage was going to stretcher out Bones or Machida was going to ether him. You're in UFC-GAF territory with that junk mang.

I'm not stupid enough to say Vitor is going to fuck Jones up or something just because I think he's a dick for pulling out of the PPV. That's the difference - I can not like someone, but at the same time be level headed about how good the guy is.

You're chasing ghosts.

Listen up, rook. I pick based on a fighters skillset and the match up at hand. You pick based on Vegas odds. Stay in your lane cause youre definitely not fuckin with the Bad MMA knowledge gawd when it comes to picking fights. Who are you to question my cred? Kiss the ring (no, not Candy's asshole).

DKehoe

Just wondering, how many MMA fans are even really aware of all the stuff that's happened with 151? Anyone have any sort of idea what percentage of fans are "hardcore" enough to read about this kind of thing on websites etc.?

Top Bottom