• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just wondering, how many MMA fans are even really aware of all the stuff that's happened with 151? Anyone have any sort of idea what percentage of fans are "hardcore" enough to read about this kind of thing on websites etc.?

It was on ESPN at least.

dream

I like this beef between Heel and Natch. Which one will end up inviting the other to his backyard BBQ?

Either way, it would appear that you and I have regained the moral high ground.

f0950cc6efce11e182d912313d223ec0_7.jpg

dream

What do you have against an Olympic Silver Medalist celebrating her accomplishments with a relaxing day on the beach?

TheNatural

My Member!
Listen up, rook. I pick based on a fighters skillset and the match up at hand. You pick based on Vegas odds. Stay in your lane cause youre definitely not fuckin with the Bad MMA knowledge gawd when it comes to picking fights. Who are you to question my cred? Kiss the ring (no, not Candy's asshole).

Sorry kid, I was watching Royce handle fools in the mid 90's and Michael Moorer invent modern day 'can status' while you were watching Power Rangers and picking the grey bodysuit guys to win every time because of the match up.

I pick based on who is the better fighter, not the allure of a silver tongue lay and pray artist.

You don't need odds to know Anderson was going to whore Sonnen in fight #2, you just need common sense. Go get some brah.

Heel

I pick based on who is the better fighter

According to your pick em history you'd be better off flipping a coin than relying on your MMA knowledge.

Pick 10 underdogs from the next few months of MMA and send them to our untrusted third party Cumber. Loser uses the avatar of the winners choosing until Anderson loses.

Don't worry, that won't be long unless he decides to sit out another year...except when extending the offer to fight Ryan Jimmo for an easy paycheck like the deceit weaver he truly is.

TheNatural

My Member!
According to your pick em history you'd be better off flipping a coin than relying on your MMA knowledge.

Pick 10 underdogs from the next few months of MMA and send them to our untrusted third party Cumber. Loser uses the avatar of the winners choosing until Anderson loses.

Don't worry, that won't be long unless he decides to sit out another year...except when extending the offer to fight Ryan Jimmo for an easy paycheck like the deceit weaver he truly is.

Huh? I was in the top 3 or so dude, back when I was actually playing this. Non facebook prelim pick em I can hold up with anyone.

Why don't we just do 5 dog picks on the next 5 cards then?

Also you keep saying I only look at the lines, I've never even once paid attention to a line. Who the hell is the favorite/dog between Stipe and Struve, Bigfoot and Browne? I don't even know.

And you keep talking about picking dogs as some badge of honor. How many upsets have there actually been in title fights in the past several years? Does Cain over Brock count, or did everyone know to pick that? Edgar over Penn maybe the only one?

FACE

Banned
Maybe, but I don't even know what he's arguing. That ... I don't pick upsets in title fights ... because they never happen? Or what?

Frankie/BJ, GSP/Serra and Couture Sylvia are some of the upsets that I can remember. Be careful with how you word your post lest Heel lock you in a pointless argument again.

TheNatural

My Member!
Frankie/BJ, GSP/Serra and Couture Sylvia are some of the upsets that I can remember. Be careful with how you word your post lest Heel lock you in a pointless argument again.

Well I mean recently. Obviously no one thought Serra would win. I of course, picked Randy to win (see my name to know why.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Championship

They're not very common, and especially in the case of Edgar fights, honestly I'm so apathetic about his fights that I don't even know or care who the dog is in the fights. I think I picked Benderson in both fights, but after seeing them both and how they went - does it really matter?

Recently, I picked Condit over Diaz, but people will still say Diaz won. I picked Jones over Shogun, as per the 'layoff' norm in UFC, you usually get fucked up your first fight back from injury - but does that even count? I think Jones was the favorite?

Heel

Huh? I was in the top 3 or so dude, back when I was actually playing this. Non facebook prelim pick em I can hold up with anyone.

Why don't we just do 5 dog picks on the next 5 cards then?

Also you keep saying I only look at the lines, I've never even once paid attention to a line. Who the hell is the favorite/dog between Stipe and Struve, Bigfoot and Browne? I don't even know.

And you keep talking about picking dogs as some badge of honor. How many upsets have there actually been in title fights in the past several years? Does Cain over Brock count, or did everyone know to pick that? Edgar over Penn maybe the only one?

You think I'm gonna let you get lucky like your false idol, Snatch? Pick 10 in 2012 and quit ducking. You wouldn't want to be seen as a hypocrite like the true Gawd Jonny Bones, would you?

You questioned the cred of a sleeping pick beast and it's time to put your knowledge to the test.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
10 underdog picks on the next 5 Ultimate cards, 2 on each card.

Next 5 Ultimates:
151: Jones vs. Belfort
Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic
FX 5: Browne vs. Bigfoot
152: Aldo vs. Koch
Fuel TV: Le vs. Franklin

TheNatural

My Member!
You think I'm gonna let you get lucky like your false idol, Snatch? Pick 10 in 2012 and quit ducking. You wouldn't want to be seen as a hypocrite like the true Gawd Jonny Bones, would you?

You questioned the cred of a sleeping pick beast and it's time to put your knowledge to the test.

SMH.

Heel, I think it's time for you to go outside. Get some fresh air. You take this thread too seriously. You want to post the lines of future fights, I'll be glad to pick fights.

I think you're PMS'ing since Sapp hasn't fought in a while to ease your Silva pain.

Heel

SMH.

Heel, I think it's time for you to go outside. Get some fresh air. You take this thread too seriously. You want to post the lines of future fights, I'll be glad to pick fights.

I think you're PMS'ing since Sapp hasn't fought in a while to ease your Silva pain.

Just coaxing you into a friendly wager you're guaranteed to lose, friend. Sorry to ruffle your beta feathers.

I agree to Cumbers terms if I can pick more or less than one favorite per card and have my final pick be GSP over Silva.

TheNatural

My Member!
Just coaxing you into a friendly wager you're guaranteed to lose, friend. Sorry to ruffle your beta feathers.

I agree to Cumbers terms if I can pick more or less than one favorite per card and have my final pick be GSP over Silva.

I said I have no problem. I'm not going to check all the lines though that you for some reason think I do. If I say, for example, that I pick Browne over Bigfoot I'll probably get a "psh LOLOL you picked the favorite." I don't know who the favorites are in these fights and who the dogs are.

dream

I was not aware that something like age-appropriate appreciation for athleticism existed. Does the age gap somehow diminish her uncanny vaulting ability?

FACE

Banned
I don't understand your gif, worrying about the possibility of either you or dream committing a crime in the near future is perfectly reasonable if one considers both of yours most recent posts.

Please don't rape a 16 year old on your way to work tomorrow Chamber.

FACE

Banned
I was not aware that something like age-appropriate appreciation for athleticism existed. Does the age gap somehow diminish her uncanny vaulting ability?

Once you've posted a picture of a 16-year old in a bikini anything you might say afterwards has no ground.

This thread is turning into the wrestling thread.

If borderline hentai starts getting posted, I'll go to the police if I have to.

It's the logical next step this thread will take if things continue the way they are. Can't you and Heel see that arguing is pointless? There's a great evil that threatens our thread and we should all be united to fight it.

dream

Right? I don't understand where Face's accusations are coming from.

It would seem to me that these accusations reveal more about their character than they do our's. I mean, my god, McKayla is only 17 years old -- why the f are they trying to sexualize her?

TheNatural

My Member!
Once you've posted a picture of a 16-year old in a bikini anything you might say afterwards has no ground.

It's the logical next step this thread will take if things continue the way they are. Can't you and Heel see that arguing is pointless? There's a great evil that threatens our thread and we should all be united to fight it.

I agree.

I think I've figured it out though. Thread insanity has increased with the decline of Denzel gifs. I haven't noticed many in weeks. The answer has been there all along.

FACE

Banned
It would seem to me that these accusations reveal more about their character than they do our's. I mean, my god, McKayla is only 17 years old -- why the f are they trying to sexualize her?

One girl's smiling. The other girl's texting. And sweet McKayla just straight up fucks the camera.

You know she's legal in the UK? It truly is God's Own Country.

I don't discriminate. Hot is hot.

Need I say more? Your posting history betrays you.

Heel

I said I have no problem. I'm not going to check all the lines though that you for some reason think I do. If I say, for example, that I pick Browne over Bigfoot I'll probably get a "psh LOLOL you picked the favorite." I don't know who the favorites are in these fights and who the dogs are.

Let Chamber do the OTs, he posts odds.

Relax, friend. What you call arguing, I call it our next opportunity to design a badge of shame for our good friend Natch. Imagine the possibilities. He's just been long-conned after nearly a year of Chael trolling from Yaco and I.

Oops, did I just type that?

dream

Well, that was when she was in England: a much laxer, more hedonistic country. Now that she's back in puritan America, I feel it is very inappropriate for you to continue to think of her as an object to be coveted. The young woman is an elite athlete.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, that was when she was in England: a much laxer, more hedonistic country. Now that she's back in puritan America, I feel it is very inappropriate for you to continue to think of her as an object to be coveted. The young woman is an elite athlete.

iAIQ5mb3EAZDJ.gif

Nice one, friend.

FACE

Banned

Flowery language and desperate spinning isn't going to get you out of this one friend.

Edit: On an unrelated note, where do you guys get those gifs?

Top Bottom