• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

meanwhile, Shogun's wife:
renatarua43.jpg

Forrest:
forrest-and-girlfriend-jamie.jpg

Frank Mir:

Frank_Mir_with_wife_Jennifer-570.jpg

It pays to be a can. I wonder if there is a correlation. Like if you have a hot wife you stop giving a fuck about fighting.

Interesting comments from Sonnen here. I wonder if he knows something or if he's just running his mouth ...

Sonnen predicts the future to ESPN (via Sports Radio Interviews):

"I’ve got an agreement to fight a gentleman named Forrest Griffin on December 29th but I don’t know. Jon Jones has a date on September 22nd and right now he’s fighting Vitor Belfort. Vitor never shows up, Vitor has pulled out of way more fights than he has ever shown up for so if I had to guess you’ll be seeing me fight Jon Jones on September 22nd. If I was to tell Jon Jones something, I would tell him I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news. Good news Jon the first punch that I throw at you might not land. The bad news is there are going to be five more coming right after it."

Chamber! The god posted this.

Yesterday was the final chapter of my Road to Recovery- I'm now medically cleared to compete in professional mixed martial arts! Big thanks to all my fans for the amazing support during those 9 long months of rehab- couldn't have done it without you. Also special thanks to Dr. ElAttrache and Heather at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic + Gavin MacMillan at Sport Science Lab. I’ve been so lucky to work with such professional and kind people and I’ve learned a lot from them. It’s been an incredible experience. Rendez-vous le 17 novembre, UFC 154, Montréal!!!

GSP is ready to fight!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I love me some GSP but i really doubt he can recover from that injury and still be as dominant as before.

strobogo

Banned
If JBJ is going to lose the title, I'd like to see him lose it to someone wacky. Like Stephan Bonnar. Or Bisping to jump back up and win the title just so he can get remurdered by Hendo.

TheNatural

My Member!
"I'm a legend, not a diva and so I've accepted that fight. I'm a man who is always ready to do what the UFC and the fans want and that is to fight. The UFC is a unique organization and I live for the sport. I was one of the guys helped build the MMA and I am privileged to fight against Jones. " - Vitor

Heel

What are you gentlemen going on about exactly? I'm merely curious to get another perspective on what appeared to be an amazing night of fun and laughter with fellow MMA fan and BJJ practitioner EviLore. Keens attempts to show him a good time should be commended. What a gracious host!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
da Silva says "I’ll Be Rooting for Vitor Belfort Against Jon Jones at UFC 152"

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/An...or-Belfort-Against-Jon-Jones-at-UFC-152-45231

“It’s difficult, because Jon Jones has a larger-than-normal wingspan and he’s still very young,” Silva said when asked what Belfort needs to do in order to win the title. “He’s still in the phase where he’s playing during the fight, really, but he doesn’t have the responsibility of a champion.

“He fights with delight, jokingly, striking like I did back in 1930, when I started,” joked Silva. “Vitor has a great chance to defeat him. The biggest factor for Vitor is to use his explosiveness and his jiu-jitsu, where he is very good. But I think when one of them makes a mistake, the other will end up striking.”

Silva admitted that his opinion is slightly biased, since he’ll be cheering for his countryman to win come fight night, despite having a good relationship with his fellow UFC champ.

“As a Brazilian, I’ll be rooting for the Brazilian, even though I have a very good friendship with Jon Jones,” said Silva. “Whenever I’m with him, I ask him to conduct his career in a different way, because he is very young and is always asking me something. But I’ll be rooting for Brazil, yes. May the best man win, but I’m rooting for Brazil.”

Answering a fan-submitted question, Silva also laid to rest the rumor of he and Jones squaring off in a super-fight any time soon.

“We’re in different weight classes and there are teammates from Team Nogueira who may face him,” Silva said, referring to ex-champ Lyoto Machida. “We have a code of conduct in our team, and I respect that a lot.”

Top Bottom