• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Heel

Haha I forgot that Shogun vs. Gus was even booked. Yeah, that makes some sense then.

Isn't there a Dana quote saying Chael gets a title shot if he beats Forrest? We called that one perfect.

industrian

Isn't there a Dana quote saying Chael gets a title shot if he beats Forrest? We called that one perfect.

No idea, but I've considered it the de facto 4th July weekend fight since he started his beef with Jones.

Heel

No idea, but I've considered it the de facto 4th July weekend fight since he started his beef with Jones.

Can't seem to find any evidence of it. Maybe that would leave us with Machida vs. Chael if he beats Forrest? That'd be a decent #1 contender fight and style match up. You have to consider that Machida had supposedly already earned a shot, and Chael beating Machida makes a decent case in the current 205 climate. Plus Chael has been going on about him for years now lol.

industrian

Can't seem to find any evidence of it. Maybe that would leave us with Machida vs. Chael if he beats Forrest? That'd be a decent #1 contender fight and style match up. You have to consider that Machida had supposedly already earned a shot, and Chael beating Machida makes a decent case in the current 205 climate. Plus Chael has been going on about him for years now lol.

Chael vs. Machida would be interesting. Both are roughly identical in regards to height and reach and it would be an interesting clash of styles. I floated that idead during the mesmerising moment that was Vitor's Back - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41353909&postcount=10049

Hendo should still be next in line, his injury is apparently not gonna cost him more than 2 months.

If he loses his shot? Well than f*ck Dana. Who else is even worthy?

industrian

Hendo should still be next in line, his injury is apparently not gonna cost him more than 2 months.

If he loses his shot? Well than f*ck Dana. Who else is even worthy?

Considering how long Rashad was considered No. 1 contender, I figure that Hendo is safe.

industrian

The Macau card was fully announced today, and there's at least one Chinese fighter on it! ZOMG!

kmM6B.jpg

I'm still getting details on if/when Rich Franklin will be in Taiwan.

SteveWD40

That Bruce quote is a bit random, especially since Vale Tudo was going on in Brazil long before he was born (as was Lancashire Catch Wrestling in the US and UK). I mean we can go back as far as Pankration if we like but I would say modern MMA was born in Brazil.

industrian

That Bruce quote is a bit random, especially since Vale Tudo was going on in Brazil long before he was born (as was Lancashire Catch Wrestling in the US and UK). I mean we can go back as far as Pankration if we like but I would say modern MMA was born in Brazil.

That and Bruce had very little to do with Macau, with being an American with parents from Hong Kong and all that.

But I guess it's opportunist marketing thinking like "Macau... China... Bruce Lee... close enough" that managed to serpentine a Bruce Lee reference like this onto the poster. I doubt you'd see a similar reference to the Gracie family on a UFC event held in Scotland.

SteveWD40

According to the poster Bruce's ghost is fighting 4 guys as well, so that will be worth a look.

I doubt you'd see a similar reference to the Gracie family on a UFC event held in Scotland.

Excellent comparison.

industrian

According to the poster Bruce's ghost is fighting 4 guys as well, so that will be worth a look.

With that said, I think GAF is overdue on its scheduled blast of comedy that is the "Bruce Lee would be the HW champion of the UFC/Boxing/K-1" thread. I hope this event's use of Mr. Lee doesn't fan those flames.

SteveWD40

I can only assume people look at Bones skinny little chicken legs and think "I could kick right through those!"

Then the elbows come, the ones with the range of a jab backed up by that frame...

I don't like the guy, but I respect his ability to straight up kill most mortals.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I cannot wait for the Niners to start their NFL dominance this season.
Williams-Return-Fumble-628x350.jpg

You know it is true my friend. How can you be from Sac-town and like the Cowboys?
They're America's Team.

Well I'm glad I didn't miss anything in this thread today.

Friends, I don't think I can work anymore. It's just not my thing. How can I pay off my mortgage and possibly buy a new car and also eat and have spending cash but also not work?
Prostitution.

Matt Mitrione Would Love to Welcome Jon Jones to Heavyweight Division, Thinks He Could Beat Him - http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/6...one-welcome-jon-jones-to-heavyweight-mma-news

Considering the problems he had with Kongo... yeah.
There's a reason they call him "Meathead."

I'm still salty over the Wanderlei shit yesterday, but I'm beta-ing up because I alphaed the shit out of a car dealer yesterday.

industrian

And Beltran

I consider Kongo to be the closest thing to a HW Jones there is right now (same height, 82" reach) even if their style of fighting is a lot different.

But I see your point. And with outbursts like this it looks like Mitrione is hunting for a big payday before his inevitable retirement in a year or two, and considering his distance to the HW title being ragdolled by Horse Meat Diet Jonesy may be his only way to do so.

SteveWD40

But I see your point. With outbursts like this it looks like Mitrione is hunting for a big payday before his inevitable retirement in a year or two.

Who can blame him? I imagine many fighters are realistic about their level / chances, but it's their living and talking your way into fights you have no shame in losing that will mean a huge payday makes total sense. You just better have a thick skin...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I didn't want to see Jones/Machida 2 anyway. But it is bs to rush a fight like that cuz obviously both would want to game plan extensively for each other.

And ya, UFC should take a break from bashing their own fighters for a while.
Machida is just going to once again earn contendership by beating another can handpicked for him and they're going to have their fight again anyway.

And yes, Dana is a huge prick for not even taking an ounce of blame.

I don't get why there just HAD to be a fight for Jones in September. Why rush him into something with Belfort? Why not just wait till October and give him Machida like was planned to happen after Henderson anyway?

industrian

WTF is going on ... JDS also hit by a car (uninjured)

Considering his fight with Cain was originally planned for UFC 152, this could have been a lot worse.

Then again, seeing Velasquez vs. Mir or Werdum for interim champion would have been a decent scrap.

and Christian Morecraft charged with OUI.

Vespine gassed is still around? I would have thought that losing to Barry would have sealed his fate back to the minor leagues where tattoos like his are welcome.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
All because someone gives themselves a nickname doesn't make it true.
Don't shoot the messenger, bro. I only really rooted for the Oilers. Occasionally the Steelers. I used to root for the Raiders before they became sissies. I'm otherwise fairly ambivalent toward other teams, though I do hope one day that the TV falls on Jerry Jones.

TheNatural

My Member!
All because someone gives themselves a nickname doesn't make it true.

I have to disagree. Cowboys are definitely America's team. Their roster the past twenty years has been in every state penitentiary this fine country has to offer.

I heard Michael Irvin and LT even had their own suite at the game last night. Looked like someone threw 5 pounds of flour in there after they were done with it.

Don't shoot the messenger, bro. I only really rooted for the Oilers. Occasionally the Steelers. I used to root for the Raiders before they became sissies. I'm otherwise fairly ambivalent toward other teams, though I do hope one day that the TV falls on Jerry Jones.

The worst thing about Al Davis dying is now Jerry Jones has no one that will stand up to him.

Top Bottom