• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ShaneB

Can we all agree that at least when the UFC does stupid shit it gives us something specific to talk about instead of just talking about how stupid the UFC is in general?

It's nice.

TheNatural

My Member!
OH SHIT. Jones with the ether hahaha.

Chael: "Ask Jon I'm the guy in the best condition he's ever fought"

Jones interrupt: "Is that off TRT or on TRT?"

Chael: "ub um bbun .... lets move on"

+1 Jones in that exchange.

DKehoe

OH SHIT. Jones with the ether hahaha.

Chael: "Ask Jon I'm the guy in the best condition he's ever fought"

Jones interrupt: "Is that off TRT or on TRT?"

Chael: "ub um bbun .... lets move on"

+1 Jones in that exchange.

Chael directly said "on TRT" then said about moving on

Well at least the fight will be interesting to see how Shael will use his smothering tactics on Bones, or even if he can use that tactic on him. Shael is a scrapper thats for sure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hendo can't really talk about getting screwed. He had his chance, got injured and then waited a little while to inform Dana.
He held out that information because he still wanted to fight. Not because he wanted to screw up Dana's otherwise shit card "forcing" him to cancel that event.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Looking forward to Chael and Jones war of words the next few months. No way it will be a war in the cage though, but at least it will spike interest with "casuals."

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well at least Chael will be able to teach these kids how to commit fraud. I'm sure they already know how to drive drunk.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Ed Soares is such a fuckin' used car salesman.

Also: Bonnar sounds so sad. It breaks my heart.

iLMZVDkAHBw37.jpg

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest problem with a Jones/Sonnen TUF season is it takes one of the more active champions and puts him on the shelf for six months so he can fight the second unranked middleweight in a row. The company in my avatar would have done it on a month's (or less) notice and made it a non-title fight just in case the champ lost and been done with it. Instead we're gonna get weeks of Dana and co crapping on about how Jones has never fought a guy like Shale who's gonna get in his face and blast that power double all night long.

Maybe they're hoping Jones will struggle somewhat in order to use common opponents to convince itsy-bitsy-spider he has a shot of making it up that spout.

The biggest problem with a Jones/Sonnen TUF season is it takes one of the more active champions and puts him on the shelf for six months so he can fight the second unranked middleweight in a row. The company in my avatar would have done it on a month's (or less) notice and made it a non-title fight just in case the champ lost and been done with it. Instead we're gonna get weeks of Dana and co crapping on about how Jones has never fought a guy like Shale who's gonna get in his face and blast that power double all night long.

Maybe they're hoping Jones will struggle somewhat in order to use common opponents to convince itsy-bitsy-spider he has a shot of making it up that spout.

Jones is injured anyway, he was told not to fight or train

Heel

Let's stop trying to justify Dana's blatant snakery. Another guy who is injured and would be ready by April is named Dan Henderson.

TheNatural

My Member!
Let's stop trying to justify Dana's blatant snakery. Another guy who is injured and would be ready by April is named Dan Henderson.

Henderson is injured too, and no one knows what the fuck is going on with him. He's 42 and hasn't fought in a year, and no one knows when the hell he's going to fight next. I wouldn't be surprised if he just decides to retire.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Hendo seems pretty keen on getting a UFC belt before he hangs them up, so we'll probably be seeing Henderson-Machida II for the MW belt in Q1 2014.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hendo seems pretty keen on getting a UFC belt before he hangs them up, so we'll probably be seeing Henderson-Machida II for the MW belt in Q1 2014.

If Weidman beats Boetsch, that would be a good #1 contender fight to face Henderson. Then Weidman can prove if he can hang with the big dogs. Fuck Machida at this point.

Heel

Henderson is injured too

Which makes the "well, ya see, Jon Jones is injured" justification fucking stupid. Dana saying that he didn't even ask Hendo speaks volumes. It was a ratings/money grab from a prize fighting promoter, plain and simple. I dunno why we're trying to justify it beyond that. If it was about rankings, Hendo earned the shot and would be ready by the time Bones fights again.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If Weidman beats Boetsch, that would be a good #1 contender fight to face Henderson. Then Weidman can prove if he can hang with the big dogs. Fuck Machida at this point.

That'd be a nice fight for Weidman as far as his marketability goes. I like his odds against a guy who was smothered for 4 rounds by Jake Shields.

alr1ght

Jakey was probably on some of that good stuff.

Hendo will lose to Machida, Shael will get molested by JJ, Machida will then again get destroyed by Jones.

alr1ght

I don't think so, but heavily rumored.

At least with this new fight we get to hear angry Dana yell at people to not watch his product and tell them to kiss his ass.

TheNatural

My Member!
Which makes the "well, ya see, Jon Jones is injured" justification fucking stupid. Dana saying that he didn't even ask Hendo speaks volumes. It was a ratings/money grab from a prize fighting promoter, plain and simple. I dunno why we're trying to justify it beyond that. If it was about rankings, Hendo earned the shot and would be ready by the time Bones fights again.

He probably didn't ask him for the same reason Hendo left the UFC in the first place. They don't get along all that well and Chael is Mr Anytime, Anywhere, and talked his way into a beef with Jones and then Jones requested him.

I can't blame Dana, one route is easier, with a guy who isn't a great fighter but does marketing out the ass. The other guy is injured, you have no contact with him because they've never really gotten along all that well in the first place, and have no idea his injury status and he hasn't fought for a year.

This is why he should have just stopped naming contenders. Yeah, one year ago before Jones even fought Evans it looked like Henderson was the only guy left after the Shogun fight, but this is what happens when shit gets put on hold CONSTANTLY. Why does Dana even offer these guys the option to wait anyway? Condit and Henderson have been sitting on their ass doing nothing like all year.

Dana needs to just flat out, stop naming contenders, stop naming fights offered, and just go making a fucking fight. It only causes problems down the road ALL. THE. TIME.

I mean, he's STILL doing it with Henderson-Machida and Gus-Shogun. This time next year, watch all four of them not be able to fight and the next title fight go to someone off the wall.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Who you crappin, Snatch? Henderson is still the only guy left unless you believe in Glover the Can and Gus the Fraud.

TheNatural

My Member!
Who you crappin, Snatch? Henderson is still the only guy left unless you believe in Glover the Can and Gus the Fraud.

He's also 42. I like Hendo, but who knows when the fuck this guy is going to be healthy again. Contenders need to just stop being named, then you don't have guys sitting on their ass for a year waiting for a shot because they're scared to lose. Then when they get hurt all of a sudden a guy hasn't fought in a year and a half because he was sitting on his ass before the fight.

Heel

He's also 42. I like Hendo, but who knows when the fuck this guy is going to be healthy again. Contenders need to just stop being named, then you don't have guys sitting on their ass for a year waiting for a shot because they're scared to lose. Then when they get hurt all of a sudden a guy hasn't fought in a year and a half because he was sitting on his ass before the fight.

You think there would be no backlash if contenders were never named, and they settled on Jones vs. Sonnen out of the blue?

iL5tuSy5KER3.gif

Friday is a terrible time slot for TUF. Maaaaaaybe if it was on at 8, but 10? People that watch that show are out on a Friday Night at 10 pm. TUF would be good on a Monday - Wenesday night at a 9, 10 or even 11pm time slot. Having it on a Friday is even overwhelming as some cards fall on a Friday.

Top Bottom