• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ildi6DkG90pSA.gif
You know it.
And a ref punched a wrestler in the nuts out of nowhere. lol
Gotta love dem swerves.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
poly fighting the good fight against the cheerleaders
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497472

unbelievable.

LOL at that thread. Keep it up Poly.

I was able to get Halo 2 like a week or 2 before launch thanks to a friend that works at game distribution, even got it at wholesale price lol. The game had a sticker on it that said not to be sold before release date. I would've been pissed if my xbox was banned for that crap.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Is MS not aware that street dates are occasionally broken? Almost every big release can be found a few days before the official date.

Is MS not aware that street dates are occasionally broken? Almost every big release can be found a few days before the official date.

Best part of that thread is MS stans trying to get him to name the store he got it from so that they could Jon Jones them out. I remember a few years back some guy made a thread all proud about how he ratted out one of those mall kiosk places that sells those "100 NES ROMS IN ONE!" devices to Nintendo.

And yet I get labled as some sort of corporate shill on the gaming side just because I factor in common sense when it comes to stuff like DLC and XBL auto renewals

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Its fucking stupid. Back in the day release dates were rarely observed. Fuck the only one i could think of was 'Mortal Friday the 13th' for Mortal Kombat 3.

charsace

I've always wondered why Shane and Cain haven't fought yet. Both guys have fought JDS, but not each other. Especially strange since both are near the top of the division.

So capt I'm gonna get you to come out to a bar for UFC 154, no more excuses god dammit lol

And charsace, Carwin is far from the top of the division now, he's coming off two straight losses, major surgery and a legit steroid scandal (where him acquiring actual steroids is public record aka not like Overeem).

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
And charsace, Carwin is far from the top of the division now, he's coming off two straight losses, major surgery and a legit steroid scandal (where him acquiring actual steroids is public record aka not like Overeem).

Carwin was an absolute force and would have become the HW champion if it weren't for them "protecting" Brock's reign. If that were any other fighter the fight would have been stopped long before Carwin had the chance to gas.

And yeah, Carwin won't ever be the same fighter again due to the surgeries, time off and his age.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Carwin was an absolute force and would have become the HW champion if it weren't for them "protecting" Brock's reign. If that were any other fighter the fight would have been stopped long before Carwin had the chance to gas.

And yeah, Carwin won't ever be the same fighter again due to the surgeries, time off and his age.

Carwin won't be the same since he is off the roids. The guy even looks physically different.

Also Brock beat Carwin fair and square brah.

industrian

Wanderlei is going back to LHW.

Wand said:
I want to either fight a catchweight bout at 198 pounds or at light heavyweight. At middleweight, I'm very hungry [laughs]. Right now, I'm doing weight training and some shadow boxing. I'm kind of on vacation now, paying attention to the family, but next year the Wand is back.

industrian

So they were "protecting" him by letting him take additional punishment?

"Protecting" his reign as champion. I notice the irony, hence the quote marks.

Yeah I know, conspiracy theories and all that. But Brock took a massive amount of heavy shots in the Carwin, Cain and even the Overeem fights before they were stopped (and not stopped at all in the Carwin fight.)

I was about to suggest Wand vs. Glover, but I don't want someone's death on my conscience.

I would be fully up for an Ultimate Fighter: USA vs. Brazil with Sonnen/Hendo vs. Wand. That is after Sonnen/Hendo get tenderised by Jones.

Regardless of that, Wand vs. Hendo 3 would be a decent enough rubber match as long as Wand keeps a disciplined approach.

So capt I'm gonna get you to come out to a bar for UFC 154, no more excuses god dammit lol

Which day is that?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Honestly I'm just gonna be bummed out when the power inevitably goes out. Queens always has problems with trees and power lines. Without electricity I might have to do something drastic for entertainment, like read or learn basket weaving.
At least it won't be 100 fucking degrees the next day.

May I suggest that the real issue here is that we've all outgrown video games?
Just certain types of games.

I spent all weekend on Skyrim. Weekend before that was Dishonored.

What I can't do any more are military shooters or fighters that aren't something like Virtua Fighter or Tekken. I also can't really do JRPGs any more, or the serialized sports games. Basically, if I feel like my intelligence is being insulted, I'm done.

What I really want is another Fallout, and by that I mean classic Fallout.

I thought Skyrim was a great game for people with sleeping disorders.
Gotta fuck with mods to get the most out of it. The base game really is boring as shit, but exploring some stuff like user generated castles and quests to reclaim them is actually fun.

Okay here are topics I can choose.
Interracial Marriage: Why do Asian women have White Fever?
Why do Asian parents hate Interracial Marriage
Asian-American and Plastic Surgery.

Oh yeah and this one Asian-American and Hollywood.
I vote a combination of Honky Fever with Tiger Mom disapproval.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
New york is notoriously humid dude. If you ever wanted weather so incredibly shitty that it felt like it was engineered by a supervillain, just move here. Yesterday i was out at 9 in the morning, it was windy and cold..yet fucking humid.

GungHo

New york is notoriously humid dude. If you ever wanted weather so incredibly shitty that it felt like it was engineered by a supervillain, just move here. Yesterday i was out at 9 in the morning, it was windy and cold..yet fucking humid.

Yeah, it was 75 as a low here a few days ago. In October. And, yeah, humid. I'll give you one thing, though. I ain't gotta shovel heat.

industrian

Scotland is constantly raining therefore constantly humid to the point where I had never experienced dry air before in my life before moving to Korea.

I was all "why does feel like I'm swallowing razor blades when I breathe?" to my co-workers in Korea and they responded "dry air." So I had to keep 5-10 glasses of water out in my apartment at all times as a ghetto humidifier and work out with a wet towel wrapped around my neck.

Honestly I'm just gonna be bummed out when the power inevitably goes out. Queens always has problems with trees and power lines. Without electricity I might have to do something drastic for entertainment, like read or learn basket weaving.

Ditto. I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded my nothing but trees and the lines get knocked down here constantly. I wish they could make them subterranean.

SteveWD40

Scotland is constantly raining therefore constantly humid to the point where I had never experienced dry air before in my life before moving to Korea.

I was all "why does feel like I'm swallowing razor blades when I breathe?" to my co-workers in Korea and they responded "dry air." So I had to keep 5-10 glasses of water out in my apartment at all times as a ghetto humidifier and work out with a wet towel wrapped around my neck.

Manchester is the same, but when I lived in Melbourne and experienced "dry heat" it was amazing. A 45 degree (Celsius) day with a strong wind, felt like walking around in a giant hairdryer.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ditto. I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded my nothing but trees and the lines get knocked down here constantly. I wish they could make them subterranean.

At least you got an excuse. Youre in the middle of nowhere. Im in the 'capital of the free world' and we got the infrastructure of 1874 Prague.

But Shane Carwin fought Brock and it was after Brock had his surgery, and he blew his load before getting the job done. No one "protected" Brock's reign.

GungHo

I'll put it this way, the weather has gotten so bad in NY that i honestly believe it warrants moving.

Change that statement to "cost of living" and you'll understand why I still live in the swamp.

Many times, I have a friend who works for AFI and hooks me up with passes to the premiere parties and stuff.

Cool. Hopefully I can see HOLY MOTORS there. Would you happen to know how early should I get in line if I want to make it into the general admission seats? A friend of mine was saying it gets packed quick.

Cool. Hopefully I can see HOLY MOTORS there. Would you happen to know how early should I get in line if I want to make it into the general admission seats? A friend of mine was saying it gets packed quick.
IIRC go to their site, find out when tix go on sale and be at the box office the moment they do, that's your best chance.

Ah ok.. Yeah only time I ever waited in line with the plebs was for Pan's Labyrinth and it was a late night showing so there wasn't much of a line so I'm not sure how early you need to get there.

Top Bottom