• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cung Le beat Ace Franklin?!

iOxQWefv2c62C.gif

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Lebman is a huge step down from Ace. I like the fight though. Maybe Le vs Okami

While Leben is a step down in terms of skillset, Le is at the point of his career where he isn't looking to advance against better competition but fight against opponents who are popular and can help him gain recognition. Le may have 3-4 fights left in his career depending on his trajectory. Leben has fan appeal in the US and would allow Le to headline another Fuel or perhaps a FX card.

Outside of Leben, there's Brian Stann (who just lossed; I hate pitting a loser against a recent winner) who would make for a popular match-up or Belcher.

Biff

So Le is going to move up the middleweight ladder to... Who? Ace was the top of the cans.

Winner of Ring vs. Philippou would be logical choice for where Le should actually be fighting right now.

So of course that means Le vs. Munoz UFC 158.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
So Le is going to move up the middleweight ladder to... Who? Ace was the top of the cans.

Winner of Ring vs. Philippou would be logical choice for where Le should actually be fighting right now.

So of course that means Le vs. Munoz UFC 158.

Le isn't in the ladder. He won't be vying for the title, so it is best not to include him contender matches.

I wanna see a triple threat match between Franklin, Le and Wand.

Also it wasn't long ago when many claimed "Ace is back" "Ace has the best shot at beating Silva" "Ace looked amazing"

charsace

Leben is a bad match for Le. Leben is still a fringe contender imo and will knock Le out if they fight.
I wanna see a triple threat match between Franklin, Le and Wand.

Also it wasn't long ago when many claimed "Ace is back" "Ace has the best shot at beating Silva" "Ace looked amazing"

The problem with Ace is that no amount of skill will fix his chin. He's gonna get hit in the face in a 3 or 5 round fight eventually. Anderson smashed his face up real good and Ace has never recovered from that physically. Just like Wand after Crocop.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Le will be crushing cans like a Vietnamese Fedor and will probably be reserved for Asian events only from this point on. But at 40 years old and with only 6 of those being in MMA it's not as if anyone would seriously consider him to go on a title run.

I could see Le vs. Munoz as a headliner for this Indonesian card they've got in the works. Neither of them are Indonesian, but it's "close enough" - just like this Macao card.

I like Le vs Munoz as well. Makes sense too. It's hard to NOT match him up with anybody but contenders as the MW division lacks seasoned vets outside of Vitor, which is the worst fight for Le. Too bad Aki is at WW now because that fight would not only make sense but would be entertaining as hell. Great headliner for an Asian event.

Heel

lol Cung with that Vic Conte star punch.

Maybe Gus Johnson was right all along? Cung vs. Anderson superfight on deck!

polyh3dron_146.jpg

I was #4 on all of MMA Playground for this card.

And yeah I fell asleep right before the Gomi fight. All in all, it was a great card IMO, even the grappling-oriented matches like DHK/Thiago were entertaining to me.

Also, PRIDE NEVER DIE.

Fights I want to see as a result of this card:

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jon Fitch - They're both grinders, so something's got to give and it'd bring something interesting out of both of them IMO

Riki Fukuda vs. Chris Weidman (I know, not going to happen but it'd be good to see Weidman face a grinder)

Cung Le vs. Chris Leben

John Lineker vs. Uncle Creepy for the non-boring Flyweight Championship, meanwhile take Mighty Mouse and Dodson the fuck off UFC on Fox 6 and have them face each other in perpetuity for their own special championship in like every first prelim

I went to a hood party. Saw some old friends and some hot ass mexican chicks. Was only there for about an hour until the cops told us to cut the music. Also, some hot ass chick fell down in front of me and her tights split right down the seam. Pretty great ass.

Top Bottom