• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Rampage's walk around weight has been as high as 250 or something ridiculous like that, should he fight JDS?

iby8HRJ7JD4r5K.jpg

Heel

I'd say Anderson is closer to the size of Bones than he is GSP. The man has fought at 205 several times, why is it an issue all of a sudden?

Anyway, arguing over inches and pounds is pointless when neither GSP nor Anderson want to take a riskier fight than they have to.

Based on all this bitchmade posturing I think we can all agree that Hendo is the realest motherfucker to ever do it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'd say Anderson is closer to the size of Bones than he is GSP. The man has fought at 205 several times, why is it an issue all of a sudden?

Anyway, arguing over inches and pounds is pointless when neither GSP nor Anderson want to take a riskier fight than they have to.

Based on all this bitchmade posturing I think we can all agree that Hendo is the realest motherfucker to ever do it.

Friend, Welcome to this side of the fence. How do you like the weather?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I was more commenting on the absurdity of his statement.

Anyways, dude said he made $15 mill outside of UFC pay this year, so I can understand him not wanting to risk it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Stun Gun said:
“While a lot of people believe doping tests work, just like a breathalyzer test you can get away with it by just controlling timing. Most of the steroids user just cycle and get by the tests. It’s almost like other athletes look down on you as an idiot if you don’t do steroids. It’s like non-users are bicyclists while steroid users are racing with motorcycles. But I am one of those “idiots” that don’t use performance enhancers. I would say 90% of UFC fighters use performance enhancers.”
Somewhere, a tear just rolled down the dearly departed yacobod's face.

Watching TUF Smashes. You guys thought pink mohawk had dat personality? This one dude on the show not only has a mohawk but he also wears tiny little leprechaun hats (yes, hats .. plural) on the side of his head.

ibjrWKdVvG4ocH.png

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

I agree with pretty much all of this. Hendo is indeed the realest, he wanted to fight Jones with one working leg. BJ and Frankie (though I'm not a fan of his style) also deserve credit for punching above their weight. On the superfight thing, it does all come down to risk. Has Silva said outright that size is an issue in a fight with Jones? It's blatantly obvious why he has no trouble fighting the finalists of TUF1 who have the same weight advantage, but I can't recall if he's such a fraud that he's actually used weight as an excuse.

However, even though all this bitchmade posturing does make it pointless, I'm going to be a pedant and say that Silva weighed a soft 202 when he fought Christian Bale, with a short camp. GSP, by his own admission, would have to cut (a tiny amount) to make 185. Going just by mass, he's better suited for MW than Canderson is for LHW. By contrast, Jones is leaner at 215-220 than Silva is at 200. If you forced Jones to diet down a bit and put him against the Spider that fought Forrest, the weight difference would be close to that of a GSP/Silva fight (using their current fight weights). But the difference in lean mass would be much larger. The point is, with the amount of weight manipulation ultimate fighters employ, weigh ins are pretty much irrelevant. Fight night weight and whether they look gormandised or more like Corey Hill is pretty much all you can use for this sort of discussion.

GSP and Silva have pretty much identical amounts of lean mass, and GSP is shorter. Though he won't have the same advantages as he does at WW, he's not going to be out-muscled. He just doesn't want to take the risk.

Heel

Yam, you read my mind in that "Let your dog drown" thread lol. Leave it to GAF to get offended.

Has Silva said outright that size is an issue in a fight with Jones? It's blatantly obvious why he has no trouble fighting the finalists of TUF1 who have the same weight advantage, but I can't recall if he's such a fraud that he's actually used weight as an excuse.

Yeah, watch the post-fight presser from the Bonnar fight.

"I think [GSP] would be a great challenge for me. I prefer him over Jon Jones. He's smaller. It'll be a little bit easier. I'll be hit less."

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Really? What a joke. "GSP is a great challenge... I'll be hit less." Clearly he lets people hit him not to demonstrate his chin but because it makes him fight better, like some form of berserker rage.

I just saw the Aldo/Edgar poster. I like how the word superfight is transparent and slightly obscured. Maybe they're hoping people will recognise Frankie from the past 6 LW title fights and just assume that he's a long reigning and dominant champion.

This. Walk around weight is such a useless figure to throw around, especially when comparing a lazy fatass to someone like GSP who's never not in shape. Rampage's walk around weight has been as high as 250 or something ridiculous like that, should he fight JDS?
I'd also wager that GSP is physically stronger than Silva.

The weight difference between Jones and Canderson is around double that of the difference between him and Slippery Georges. Both fights should still happen.
yes yes yes.

you should post here more often, friend.

So Baby Jay has a video out there where he's looking SO RIPPED and ready to knock Rory's block off. Don't believe the hype, friends, he's just sucking the gut in.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So Baby Jay has a video out there where he's looking SO RIPPED and ready to knock Rory's block off. Don't believe the hype, friends, he's just sucking the gut in.

It's nice to see that the 300 CGI guys can still get work in such a harsh economy.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping we'd see fat as shit BJ again. He was around 190 against Machida and I'm pretty sure he managed to get top position at some point which is more than say, Rashad, managed to do. That kind of cannonball type density has its advantages. Rory would gas out after a single attempt at a slam if BJ did a big carb and water cut and came into the octagon looking like he'd spent his camp making his way through a surfboard bag full of burritos.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Rory and Shogoon are joining Brendan Schaub in the back of the ambulance.

But as long as my nigga Nate gets the gold I couldn't care less about anyone else - but Gus pounding out Maurice would be a decent show.

Rory and Shogoon are joining Brendan Schaub in the back of the ambulance.

But as long as my nigga Nate gets the gold I couldn't care less about anyone else - but Gus pounding out Maurice would be a decent show.

You really believe that BJ is going to win? BJ is getting paid to pretty much be a jobber in this fight.

I need to find a place to watch these fights.
Dude it's on Fox, just hook an antenna up to your TV.

And Samurai talmbout Baby Jay on some Brooklyn Brawler shit? Never that.

Also, Mauricio Shogoon gon put that mouthpiece mover on Gus Fring word is bond.

This Fox show will be depressing as fuck if Waterboy backflips BJ into the world of Super Mario Bros 2, Gus KOs Shogoon and Bendo takes some lame decision win. Therefore I refuse to acknowledge the feasibility of such an outcome.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

This Fox show will be depressing as fuck if Waterboy backflips BJ into the world of Super Mario Bros 2, Gus KOs Shogoon and Bendo takes some lame decision win. Therefore I refuse to acknowledge the feasibility of such an outcome.

ibi85lLEmrrtdB.gif

BJ is losing that fight after gassing half way through the round.

ShaneB

It's come to a point where I don't even know when cards are happening because I don't keep track of fights because I just assume they won't happen because of injuries.

That is a poorly worded sentence.

Meh.

Top Bottom