• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

Geist-

aykrkU2.jpg
That's the best version of this I've ever seen.

L00P

That's not real.

This is some next level universe trolling on reigen's part, I refuse to believe he's the real boss.

The clues were all there since the beginning if you pay close attention. he didn't become mob's master for nothing ya know!

btw I had the same reaction like some of you guys when I read this part of the manga way back

Seesaw15

I love this show because its a faithful adaptation but they remix things so even readers are surprised.

Like they skimped on the reveal of Mob taking out the dolls but went really in depth into the 100% Rejection moment.

A twist in an anime hadn't made me feel like that in a long time. Thinking about it, it makes perfect sense, but goddamn I wasn't ready for it. Holy shit this show.

So apparently 100% rejection causes him to pass out? Or was he rejecting the ??? form so hardly he passed out from it?

Also to those who think Reigen is the real deal, it's highly unlikely. In a comedy character like him he probably bullshitted himself onto the top using Mob's accomplishments as his own or some shit.

Maybe reigen is the real deal and that's why mob is the only one who believed him? He actually did always hide his aura and mob was the only one that could somewhat feel it. Idk this shit has me super confused super hyped for the next two episodes. Though if he is the leader he is a super hypocrite and can't wait to see what mob will do.

Maybe reigen is the real deal and that's why mob is the only one who believed him? He actually did always hide his aura and mob was the only one that could somewhat feel it. Idk this shit has me super confused super hyped for the next two episodes. Though if he is the leader he is a super hypocrite and can't wait to see what mob will do.

I don't think Mob believed him out of sensing something. Look at how when he states his powers aren't psychic but spiritual. That was him acknowledging he didn't feel anything either but that the excuse was that he was spiritual.

Permanently A

My writer friend is losing it at the reveal and beating himself up for not seeing it coming (he loves predicting plotlines in anime and is pretty damn good at it). In hindsight he says its obvious for Reigan to be keeping Mob close to him if Mob is the one of the strongest espers around, since that way Reigan can keep tabs on him, groom him to be a potential protege and deal with him if he becomes a threat. He also lamented the fact that he didn't pick up on the "I can't sense Reigan because his powers are different" foreshadowing scene. Since Mob can explode in power, it totally makes sense for the opposite to also be possible and that Reigan has been suppressing his power.

Breads

Banned
I usually hate these kinds of posts, but next episode is going to be SO GOOOD.

You are such a hypocrite. How many times did you go into the jojo thread railing against this sort of thing. I never want to see you making those posts again.

Next episode though. So hype. This anime season in general has been pretty god damn stellar.

Mob is unconscious, the heroes are captured, and there's a traitor among the group...

We need the Body Improvement Culb now more than ever! Muscles > Espers

Yonafunu

You are such a hypocrite. How many times did you go into the jojo thread railing against this sort of thing. I never want to see you making those posts again.

Next episode though. So hype. This anime season in general has been pretty god damn stellar.

I know, I know, you're completely right. I slipped up. I won't say anything ever again.

StoneFox

Lol, I watched the newest episode a few hours ago and thought "Well, that was a pretty good episode :)" and I wandered into this thread of people freaking out and had no idea what was going on until I realized there was a crazy post-credits scene. This show is so amazing.

Wiseblade

My writer friend is losing it at the reveal and beating himself up for not seeing it coming (he loves predicting plotlines in anime and is pretty damn good at it). In hindsight he says its obvious for Reigan to be keeping Mob close to him if Mob is the one of the strongest espers around, since that way Reigan can keep tabs on him, groom him to be a potential protege and deal with him if he becomes a threat. He also lamented the fact that he didn't pick up on the "I can't sense Reigan because his powers are different" foreshadowing scene. Since Mob can explode in power, it totally makes sense for the opposite to also be possible and that Reigan has been suppressing his power.
Why take the word of those runts as gospel? They couldn't even tell that Ritsu was leagues above them, but now they can sense a power that Mob, Dimple and Hanazawa couldn't? I'm calling shenanigans all over that one.

Qvoth

good thing i read the thread before watching with my brother, he was leaving when the ED started but i told him to wait lol

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What does that mean? When will the second season be if so? Three months afterwards?

Well they have to make the second series. Not sure if that's started already but it takes time though the webcomic is far enough long that there should be enough material for a second season.

Permanently A

Why take the word of those runts as gospel? They couldn't even tell that Ritsu was leagues above them, but now they can sense a power that Mob, Dimple and Hanazawa couldn't? I'm calling shenanigans all over that one.

I think Hoshino said "even I can feel that!" implying it was such a powerful aura that weaker espers could feel it too.

Wiseblade

I think Hoshino said "even I can feel that!" implying it was such a powerful aura that weaker espers could feel it too.
"Even" implies that stronger Psychics would feel it too, which definitely isn't the case. Hell, Dimple is super weak and he's the chairman of the "Reigen is a fraud" club.

FluxWaveZ

"Even" implies that stronger Psychics would feel it too, which definitely isn't the case. Hell, Dimple is super weak and he's the chairman of the "Reigen is a fraud" club.

What do you mean? You mean before the recent scene where he enters the Claw building? It stands to reason that an extremely strong esper would be able to completely mask their power.

If he's letting it loose now, I imagine that the others would go "what's this feeling?" as soon as he enters the building.

Permanently A

Oh no no what I meant was that Reigen has been masking his power the whole time until that last scene where he unleashed his aura, presumably to get the grunts to fall in line.

Top Bottom