• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G |OT| Dozens of Monsters, Zero Compelling Textures

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
8Z1R0.png

9nzH0.png
x6L0r.gif
z1H3I.png

LQk6k.png

MONSTER HUNTER Tri G
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: Hunting Action
Players: 1-4 (Local Multiplayer)
Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom Production Studio 1
Release Date (JP): December 10, 2011
Rating: CERO C (15+)
Official Website

Famitsu: 38/40​

Zkygv.png

Features

• A roster with dozens of different types of monsters from Tri and Portable 3rd, including many new subspecies variations;
  • At least two new completely original monsters: Bracchidios, the flagship creature for the game, and a mysterious new dragon;
  • Monsters with modified behavior and movesets;
  • New G-level armors and High Rank quests;
  • A new city area: Tanzlar Harbor;
  • 12 types of weapons, including Dual Swords, Gunlances, Hunting Horns and Bows, that were missing from Tri;
  • Tri's underwater combat, Free Hunting in the Deserted Island mode, Moga Farm and torches, along with Portable 3rd's Mountain Stream area;
  • Support for the Circle Pad Pro accessory and a fully-customizable touch screen interface;
  • For the first time in the series, glass-less 3D and dynamic shadows;
  • StreetPass support: players can exchange Guild Cards and hire each other's hunters to automatically complete quests;
  • Local wireless multiplayer mode for up to 4 simultaneous players during quests.

IVjhJ.png

RZRAA.png

Luigi87

If this ever comes to NA, I'll definitely get it.

However, that being said, I am very excited to see the launch sales for this in Japan next week.

MightyKAC

The genre is Hunting Action, not ARPG.
So that's the "official" genre name for it now? Cuz I've been thinking of it as an ARPG for the longest time.

Anyway, I'd have day one'd this if it had online multiplayer. As it stands now I'm not sure when/if I'll ever pick it up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So that's the "official" genre name for it now? Cuz I've been thinking of it as an ARPG for the longest time.

Anyway, I'd have day one'd this if it had online multiplayer. As it stands now I'm not sure when/if I'll ever pick it up.

ジャンル:ハンティングアクション
Yes, and it says so right on the game's packaging ;)

Erethian

Well if it's worth anything Chris Svensson said in a recent interview that online is absolutely critical to the series catching on in the West. And makes this distinction.

“Monster Hunter at its heart is a cooperative multiplayer game and for our market, online play is essential. The adhoc-only approach for the US market is, more often than not, too large of a barrier to find mass acceptance.”

MightyKAC

Huh, well I'll be damned.

I've seen that box in passing a million times and never even noticed.

Insaniac

definitely looking forward to hearing impressions regarding the dual analog thing, and controls w/ and w/o it (specifically w/o it since I don't plan on getting the dual analog monster)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Damn all the faux genres!

Fixed.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thought there was a stealth announcement or something, OT titles should mark the region :(

Bullet points should have the return of Plesioth, that wasn't in either Tri or 3rd and will feel new underwater >_>

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
there's a starter book out already that was in stores yesterday.

Was going to buy it to see the new monster data, but almost all of these n00b starter books don't even begin to tell you anything.

Publishers make up fake genres for their games all the time. Look at the Tales games.

Top Bottom