• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G |OT| Dozens of Monsters, Zero Compelling Textures

Tenbatsu

Am about to reach Star 8 of G rank. Difficulty wise it's hard but certainly not MH/MHG/MH2 hard. Still wearing my Jaggi X armor with gaiking G legging (multiplier!). With an armor def of 500+, 2-4 hits is all that's enough to KO me.

The G armor designs are one of the best in the series. Son Goku for Gobul G swordsman and Sanzo for gunner, how about that?

A god tier dual sword solo fight video to share tatsujin indeed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmujtHYDGVA

ShinNL

What did you think was bad about the reveal trailer? Not challenging you; just curious.
Sorry for the late reply, I don't actually have the game so I don't check this thread that often.

I didn't like the huge sacrifice for detail in areas for more open areas. The field the hunter was running in looked very generic, compared to the lush variety of areas on a single map with the more compact design.

I'm also fearing the hopping on Rathalos thing is more of a minor useless bonus damage events instead of the actual combat. Kind of like hopping onto Lao to put bombs, using a dragonator, or fishing out Gobul. If it's like that, it would be more distracting than actually improving on gameplay if they added all these kind of stuff. The hunter was using some small dagger which wasn't his actual weapon.

Also note that the whole fleeing and wall climbing scene had it's moments... it wasn't actually productive as the hunter wasn't doing damage. Fleeing is cinematic, but it seems like stuff that you end up don't wanting to do since you actually want to fight and do damage.

---

Also, is it wrong of me to doubt that DCharlie has the game? My reasoning is kinda that every post was about the PSP/Vita version until I fished out a line that forced him to say he had the game. But ever since that, he never posted anymore about his progress, or anything, about the game. It just seems so weird to me for someone who apparently loves MH. You'd think you want to get to the G stuff ASAP after 'finishing' MHP3rd and having already played Tri(Wii). Well, just my thoughts. Not requesting any proof or anything, but that's what I've been doubting from the very start.

Boney

Banned
Sorry for the late reply, I don't actually have the game so I don't check this thread that often.

I didn't like the huge sacrifice for detail in areas for more open areas. The field the hunter was running in looked very generic, compared to the lush variety of areas on a single map with the more compact design.

I'm also fearing the hopping on Rathalos thing is more of a minor useless bonus damage events instead of the actual combat. Kind of like hopping onto Lao to put bombs, using a dragonator, or fishing out Gobul. If it's like that, it would be more distracting than actually improving on gameplay if they added all these kind of stuff. The hunter was using some small dagger which wasn't his actual weapon.

Also note that the whole fleeing and wall climbing scene had it's moments... it wasn't actually productive as the hunter wasn't doing damage. Fleeing is cinematic, but it seems like stuff that you end up don't wanting to do since you actually want to fight and do damage.

I think the trailer isn't meant to be interpreted literally as far as mechanics go, but rather, the new sense of danger that's gonna be involved when monster hunting. Facing a huge fire spitting dragon head on has always been weird in a sense of bending the rules of reality, I get that MH is cartoony, but I think the main focus of 4 is gonna be how ferocious monsters can really be, and that you'll have to use more than just brute force to take them out.

depward

Does anyone else think that if Nintendo were either helping localize this or push marketing efforts for a localized version they would have mentioned it in their presentation yesterday?

Tenbatsu

My first G rank mix set :D
mh3g14x5v.jpg

Top Bottom