• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Wallach

Odin is good. He just has a lack of speed which keeps him from being like the best unit in the game. You want to Ascend him when you get the chance though Evolving him is fine too until you're ready to ascend.

Besides, even the best units on the tier list have disadvantages. Zeus is S Tier but he loses a lot of effectiveness when there are a lot of Gravity Barriers in play because it slows him down significantly. He also has a harder time getting a lot of damage from walls because of he's a piercing type.

Odin wound up being my starter. I got him and Harley (not Harley X) and so far it's been a total breeze. Picked up Lancelot from another pull later after I got a few orbs.

I have no regrets about starting with Odin. He is a total monster; I used the expie from the tutorial on him instead of the smydra like it asks you to; I'm only rank 5 and he's level 48 with 16.5k attack and 10k HP. Plus he looks cooler than everything else I've seen so far.

Right now I'm pretty much just focusing on leveling Odin, while putting some spare stuff into Lancelot and Harley (they are both level 6 right now). Is that the right call? I feel like I may wind up replacing Lancelot and Harley earlier, where I doubt I'll be able to replace Odin anytime soon.

Dreavus

That unit doesn't take damage when it hits the wall.

Huh. That simple eh?

I guess in levels where it's really bad you would need to build your team around it.

EDIT: Lancelot X or Apollo (not X)?

Apollo's stats actually seem like they might be better but I see lots of chatter about Lancelot and not much about non-X Apollo.

chrono01

People should just stick @GAF at the end
Yeah, I might go through my Friend List in a day or so and, if I don't recognize the name, I might just remove anyone without @GAF at the end of their username. It makes it so much easier to know who is/isn't from GAF.

Huh. That simple eh?

I guess in levels where it's really bad you would need to build your team around it.

EDIT: Lancelot X or Apollo (not X)?

Apollo's stats actually seem like they might be better but I see lots of chatter about Lancelot and not much about non-X Apollo.

According to this Tier List Lancelot X.

garath

So my team is pretty weak. I have a hunter king, nanami, eclipse, apollo x, sanada yukimura.

I assume hunter king is the best to evolve first based on the tier list? I have almost all of them maxed but need divines.

Shouta

So my team is pretty weak. I have a hunter king, nanami, eclipse, apollo x, sanada yukimura.

I assume hunter king is the best to evolve first based on the tier list? I have almost all of them maxed but need divines.

Evolve based on what you like but I would recommend upgrading a unit that has or will have Anti-Gravity Barrier or Anti-Damage Wall and that you like, lol.

Draxal

I'd go Apollo X first. Sanada and Hunter King are good but they really need their ascended forms.

The massacre has been completed; the main LINE group is now down to 109. If you're in the Sequel group feel free to move over. If I purged you on accident there's plenty of room for you to rejoin.

Credo

Yeah, I got deleted earlier and want to get back in. How would I go about that? I tried what spyhunterzero did a couple posts back and got the same result.

there should probably end up being two line groups.

One for the hardcore who play all the time and are blitzing the extreme and savage quests
and a second group for the casual players who only play for like, 3 hours a day...

One for the hardcore who play all the time and are blitzing the extreme and savage quests
and a second group for the casual players who only play for like, 3 hours a day...

yeah probably. I've been busy lately and can't play all that often

garath

I think that hardcore group would be about 20 guys? ;) I think there's enough room for all. Just a periodic purge is helpful. The initial craze has worn off.

I think that hardcore group would be about 20 guys? ;) I think there's enough room for all. Just a periodic purge is helpful. The initial craze has worn off.

yeah, I guess.
People should always label their invites though..
seems silly that monster strike doesn't put the level name into the text it pastes.

hi all. after rolling for 2 days i finally landed an Oda Nobunaga on my first roll and a Nanami on my second! yay. i think. anyways. i want to start doing stuff other than solo.

my id: 384,896,528,253

please add me. also can i get in the line group? this game is my new slingshot braves. i cant put it down.

Oh man just pulled a single egg and...

UNcTUKu.jpg

*Drops mic*

Now to level and get one more divine...I'm still in shock.

Oh and I maxed out my Zeus stats.

Dreavus

This game is eating so much of my time. The recharge is juuuust short enough that even if I run out of energy, I'll have enough within like 30 mins (enough time for a few co-op games) to get me to a rank up. Downright evil, game!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

*Drops mic*

Arthur, Zeus and Harley - yes you are a Made Men now xD
Congrats !!!

Azusa

I have tried Jupiter in Saturn dungeon. She is so good. I think Jupiter is the best 4* shield breaker. She as pierce-type can reach any shield in any moment in battle. Every shield that I wanted to destroy was one shotted.

You can drop all other 4* shield breakers if they doesn't have pierce type attack. They are useless.

chrono01

*Drops mic*

Congrats!

I have 72 Magic Orbs, and no Arthur, but I'm seriously debating whether I should save a 10-roll for the next batch. I suppose I could single roll, but I was kind of hoping that I'd be able to get another 28 free Magic Gems so I could roll 20 full times when new Units are added, but I'm not sure. I would like to have her, but I've already spent 100 Magic Orbs and didn't obtain her [unfortunately].

I guess I have a few more days to decide.

Azusa

Congrats!

I have 72 Magic Orbs, and no Arthur, but I'm seriously debating whether I should save a 10-roll for the next batch. I suppose I could single roll, but I was kind of hoping that I'd be able to get another 28 free Magic Gems so I could roll 20 full times when new Units are added, but I'm not sure. I would like to have her, but I've already spent 100 Magic Orbs and didn't obtain her [unfortunately].

I guess I have a few more days to decide.

Don't. Just don't do it. I did 200 orb rolls and didn't get Arthur or Zeus. Only Odin, Lancelot X, Apollo X, Wildcat, Hunter King and some trash 5* (Lin Zi and Lancelot). And my starter was Harley X.

chrono01

Preview of tomorrow:
Have fun chewing through last phase and it's 5,000,000 HP!

CWzxMqq.png
Oh God.

Don't. Just don't do it. I did 200 orb rolls and didn't get Arthur or Zeus. Only Odin, Lancelot X, Apollo X, Wildcat, Hunter King and some trash 5* (Lin Zi and Lancelot). And my starter was Harley X.
Yeah thanks, I think I'll wait.

It's not as though this specific series won't come around again, and when it does, there will be more top-tier Units in the game that I might possibly get alongside Arthur.

Top Bottom