• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What does the ability "Flight" do?

I think flight makes your monster avoid ground pound/earthquake abilities that some bosses do.

There's SO many co-op events going on right now, it's a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to do them, but it's just too hard to balance those with everything else. Thankfully nothing from them is THAT awesome from what I can tell...

Don't. Just don't do it. I did 200 orb rolls and didn't get Arthur or Zeus. Only Odin, Lancelot X, Apollo X, Wildcat, Hunter King and some trash 5* (Lin Zi and Lancelot). And my starter was Harley X.

Lin Zi is the only guy I have with Null Warp, and he has an ascended form. He could be useful in some situations.

One thing that kind of bugs me so far is that in other of these types of games (Terra Battle, PAD, Brave Frontier, etc) many of the monsters are situational and it requires you to build up a large monster box and continuously improve multiple monsters. So far I haven't really experienced that in this game. Like you pull Zeus and you're basically done as far as I can tell. Sure, you need to get through the story so you need 2 strong guys to supplement, but anyone will do pretty much as long as they're levelled.

Am I missing something?

Draxal

One thing that kind of bugs me so far is that in other of these types of games (Terra Battle, PAD, Brave Frontier, etc) many of the monsters are situational and it requires you to build up a large monster box and continuously improve multiple monsters. So far I haven't really experienced that in this game. Like you pull Zeus and you're basically done as far as I can tell. Sure, you need to get through the story so you need 2 strong guys to supplement, but anyone will do pretty much as long as they're levelled.

Am I missing something?

Zeus has Null Wall Damage, with most of the dungeons having Wall Damage atm, and he combos well with other guys, hence he's incredibly strong in the current meta.

The harder dungeons will also have gravity barriers so monsters with Null Gravity barrier are better there, or they will have mines so minesweeper and flight works there.

Am I missing something?

I would say yes, because even above I just asked what "flight" did and it seems to be very useful with certain dungeons. I have also needed to start leveling a null damage wall and shield breaker for some of the SP missions. I think brute force will work for a long way, but once we start seeing the more difficult ones I don't know if that will be possible.

Shouta

Am I missing something?

Zeus has Null Wall Damage, with most of the dungeons having Wall Damage atm, and he combos well with other guys, hence he's incredibly strong in the current meta.

The harder dungeons will also have gravity barriers so monsters with Null Gravity barrier are better there, or they will have mines so minesweeper and flight works there.

In addition Shield Breakers are good too depending on which dungeon you are in because it prevents damage just like Gravity Barrier or Damage Wall but even worse in some respects because they'll cover the enemy's weakpoint.

All Zeus in a dungeon with a huge amount of Gravity barriers is a recipe for a super slow clear.

Draxal

I just downloaded the game and rolled a Venus...I didn't see her listed in the OP. Should I re-roll her or just keep going?

She's not in the op because she's a four star with a five star max. All the guys in the op are 5 stars, so I'd advise rerolling.

Just started playing this game and I have to say...I barely has a grasp on what I'm doing because right now I'm just winning by making my monster's bounce in the most wild ways possible to attack without any real strat involved. First monster I got was some Four Star called Jupiter but I assume she sucks because she is not in OP.

She's not in the op because she's a four star with a five star max. All the guys in the op are 5 stars, so I'd advise rerolling.

OK thanks. I'll be sure to check the star level next time. I'm used to PAD so the gold egg and Super Rare text confused me lol.

Einherjar

That sucks, guess i'll have to stop playing until they implement it. The same transfer on Terra Battle took 1 minute, generate a code and enter it on my new phone :(

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Am I missing something?

This is all early game.
PAD and Brave Frontier didn't need varied units on their initial release either.

You see a hint in the current extreme quests where you need to itemize for element/type damage, gravity barriers, damage walls, and shield breakers in order to finish the dungeon and get the coveted no-continue chest.

There is a reason this game is huge in JP. They have more advanced content.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just started playing this game and I have to say...I barely has a grasp on what I'm doing because right now I'm just winning by making my monster's bounce in the most wild ways possible to attack without any real strat involved. First monster I got was some Four Star called Jupiter but I assume she sucks because she is not in OP.
Juptier is one of the few good 4* since she has shield breaker + pierce + a speed up ability.

Situational, but nice to have.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I am going to focus HARD on getting someone besides my Zeus into super power land. 3x Zeus for multiplayer is basically worthless.

Faiz

So I am going to focus HARD on getting someone besides my Zeus into super power land. 3x Zeus for multiplayer is basically worthless.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I've been working so hard on Mundus today. Zeus is great but a team full of them are terrible.

Skittles

Been playing for a couple of days. That feel when you log in and have 40+ friend requests because you have Arthur as a leader. Also got zues yesterday, so my team is Looking good right now

ZeroAKA

Joining the party!
54oNO7Z.png

KuroNeeko

Am I missing something?

Yes and no. If you're talking about Normal dungeons, then you're right. If you're talking about Descended quests (especially the Japanese gods) then NO, you are very, very wrong.

Some monsters are so good, that you'll be able to use them in a majority of dungeons. Zeus definitely counts. There are a number of instances where you don't want to use him though.

1. Primarily dark dungeons - especially ones that deal heavy damage. The new Kabutops dungeon is an example of this.

2. Dungeons that are anti-gravity barrier heavy, warp heavy, or have tons of mines. The fact that he is pierce (or however they translated 貫通) helps, but AGB dungeons will make Zeus largely useless.

3. Bosses that are "God Killers" as they WILL completely destroy you (Kii and Jurazauros count.)

In JP, you can never have enough monsters - they're constantly coming out with new dungeons that "require" certain skills (skills conveniently found on the newest batch of gold egg machine units.) You can make do with units like Izanami, Izanagi, Yamatotakeru, and Kushinada, but you will need strong support units sporting abilities specific to each run.

KuroNeeko

Jupiter is one of the few 4★s that I still use because she has pierce, shield breaker, and a decent combo skill. The other two pierce shield breakers are iffy - Galahad has a scatter shot as a combo skill and Katsu Kaishu has shield breaker on his gauge shot - which means you'll occasionally miss with it.

Jupiter is consistent, shield breaking goodness.

The other quality 5★ units are

1) Freya
2) Chandra
3) Del Lotte

and notable, farmable 4 - 5★s are

1) Hel
2) Luck Dragons
3) Bakuren

Draxal

Yes and no. If you're talking about Normal dungeons, then you're right. If you're talking about Descended quests (especially the Japanese gods) then NO, you are very, very wrong.

Some monsters are so good, that you'll be able to use them in a majority of dungeons. Zeus definitely counts. There are a number of instances where you don't want to use him though.

1. Primarily dark dungeons - especially ones that deal heavy damage. The new Kabutops dungeon is an example of this.

2. Dungeons that are anti-gravity barrier heavy, warp heavy, or have tons of mines. The fact that he is pierce (or however they translated 貫通) helps, but AGB dungeons will make Zeus largely useless.

3. Bosses that are "God Killers" as they WILL completely destroy you (Kii and Jurazauros count.)

In JP, you can never have enough monsters - they're constantly coming out with new dungeons that "require" certain skills (skills conveniently found on the newest batch of gold egg machine units.) You can make do with units like Izanami, Izanagi, Yamatotakeru, and Kushinada, but you will need strong support units sporting abilities specific to each run.

3. I can confirm Sylasaurus Rex just completely mangled my pretty decent team (didn't know he was a deity killer after the fact). Was running Dark Asc Zeus, Arthur, Asc Mundus and Dark Asc Zeus as friend. He just did like 2/3 of my total health every turn at one point.

Quantum

Did the game stop giving 5 free orbs for co-oping with others?

I re-rolled recently to get a 5* and was looking forward to the 50 orbs from coop.

frustrating but did finally manage to roll a good starter.

wilflare

Keep your current account and wait until the next event before using the hatcher again. A Japanese website gave ascended Sanada Yukimura the same score as Arthur.

:( my yet-to-be-ascended Sanada isn't really that good I guess :(

If it helps any, I tried a ton for both of them and had zero luck, gave up and bought some Orbs, then got them both (two Zeus even) in two successive Golden 10-Shots.

hmm i'm getting pretty tempted to buy orbs... lol

KuroNeeko

Are any other common mobs 90 luck capable?
or is it literally only the hot pepper monster..

You can also farm Dark / Light dragons. If the set it up the same way as the JP version, you can run Light / Dark dungeons for half stamina and farm EXP / luck dragons at the same time.

You can probably max a dragon out in about two weeks (three total since Light / Dark dungeons alternate.)

What's a better sub to have, a regular Harley or a Merlin. I ask because Merlin doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. I also have an Eclipse but not sure if want to play with it for now.

Draxal

You can also farm Dark / Light dragons. If the set it up the same way as the JP version, you can run Light / Dark dungeons for half stamina and farm EXP / luck dragons at the same time.

You can probably max a dragon out in about two weeks (three total since Light / Dark dungeons alternate.)

What are the favored farmable six stars in Japan, it seems like ascended dark wyrm was one of them.

KuroNeeko

What are the favored farmable six stars in Japan, it seems like ascended dark wyrm was one of them.

I'd say they're divided into three basic groups.

・Recommended farmable 6★s due to ease / use (no particular order)
1) Dark Dragon (maybe Wyrm?)
2) Queen Butterfly (ASC) for fly and AGB
3) Deatharc (ASC) for AGB and Blast
4) Konohanasakuya-hime (was available for about 10 days)

・Recommended, but difficult
1) Kii (diety killer, awesome strike shot)
2) Fenrir (good all-rounder)
3) Bezeira (good all-rounder)

・Current end-game, farmable 6★s (no particular order)
1) Izanami
2) Izanagi
3) Kushinada
4) Yamatotakeru

You can farm pretty much anyone you want, though - just their usefulness varies. There are other popular monsters like Tengu, Vanilla, and El Soliel.

I'm working on Bast :3

Top Bottom