• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - August 31st Release |OT| (almost) Sega Saturn'd

BR4eN.png

Release Dates
PSN: August 30 ($9.99)
XBL: August 31 (800 Microsoft Points)
PC: September 2011 ($9.99)

Customization:
  • You can configure/change the layout
  • Filters: Klassic, Painted 1, Painted 2, Smooth, Arcade (adds CRT "scanlines")
    Hyzj9.jpg
  • Display: Standard, Cabinet (adds CRT display "curves")
    0WiJF.jpg

Online:
  • Friendly Matches
  • Ranked Matches
  • Private Matches
  • Public Matches

Misc.:
  • Each games has movelists and fatalities per character. UMK3 also list combos.
  • Human Smoke can be selected by choosing Cyber Smoke and pressing and holding Back + High Punch + High Kick + Block + Run until the match begins
  • You need to unlock Mileena, Ermac and Classic Sub-Zero; to do so:

Mileena
2-2-2-6-4-2-2-2-6-4
Player 1: HP: 2, LP: 2, BL: 2, LK:6, HK: 4
Player 2: HP: 2, LP: 2, BL: 2, LK:6, HK: 4
tdne3.gif

Ermac
1-2-3-4-4-4-4-3-2-1
Player 1: HP: 1, LP: 2, BL: 3, LK: 4, HK: 4
Player 2: HP: 4, LP: 4, BL: 3, LK: 2, HK: 1
lZdDD.gif

Sub-Zero
8-1-8-3-5-8-1-8-3-5
Player 1: HP: 8, LP: 1, BL: 8, LK: 3, HK: 5
Player 2: HP: 8, LP: 1, BL: 8, LK: 3, HK: 5
NGkZB.gif

http://www.trmk.org/news/24763/mortal_kombat_arcade_kollection_lands_next_week.html
The highly anticipated Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection finally has a release date. It will be available next week on August 31st, 2011 for $10 on PlayStation Network or 800 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

In addition, GameStop is offering the Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick by PDP for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $129.99. The stick is identical to the build of the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fightstick released earlier with Mortal Kombat (2011), with the exception of a killer classic color scheme and panel graphics reminiscent of the original Mortal Kombat 1 Arcade cabinet.

Since the full Achievements and Trophy list leaked earlier in the summer and looks pretty easy, how quick do you think you can get all of them?

We will update with more details as they come.

Official Press Release:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will officially be available for download worldwide on August 31, 2011. Launching on PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC, this will mark the first time the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together in a single collection. The Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will be available for $9.99 on PlayStation Network and PC or for 800 Microsoft Points.

Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will feature online play, leader boards, achievements and trophies, as well as offering fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state.
Screenshots:
227708_210181759013229_117266501638089_672257_4558913_n.jpg

225635_210181782346560_117266501638089_672259_5431935_n.jpg

224005_210181769013228_117266501638089_672258_5120550_n.jpg

Saga Saturn'd

Does that mean "released on the day it was announced"?

Wouldn't Apple'd be a more contemporary way to say the same thing?

_dementia said:
Saga Saturn'd

Does that mean "released on the day it was announced"?

Wouldn't Apple'd be a more contemporary way to say the same thing?
This is the latest I can remember a high profile Arcade title's release date was announced before it's release date.

iconoclast said:
A week after Third Strike? I'll be passing on this for now. Terrible timing.

... but its only 10 bucks!

=/

I'm sure thats why they waited until now to announce it. I bet both Capcom and NRS wanted to be in the Summer of Arcade. Good on MS for pushing them out though.

KAL2006

Banned
Still waiting for Midway to actually re-release the new MK with a decent online. They can do a Capcom and call it UMK with new characters and this time a fixed online mode

twinturbo2 said:
What are the achievements, exactly?

And will Mileena, Ermac and Classic Sub-Zero be unlocked from the start this time?
Unfortunately it looks like they will be locked still, thats how it was at Comic Con. But I'd be surprised if it doesn't save permanently this time around when you do unlock them.

KAL2006 said:
Still waiting for Midway to actually re-release the new MK with a decent online. They can do a Capcom and call it UMK with new characters and this time a fixed online mode

Mid-who?

Balb

I'm guessing they won't retool the AI at all. I've always hated the cheap AI in the early MK games.

@MUWANdo

Banned
MK2 got pulled when Midway went under, same with UMK3 on 360.

Shadowlink said:
I thought this was also releasing on PC. Other than that, I can't wait to replay the third one.

It is, it says so in the official press release; the stuff in the OP is paraphrased.

BuzzJive

Any chance there's some kind of lobby type of online play where I can have a room of X people playing round robin style, or will it be 1 on 1 only or ?

$10? Sold. I probably would have paid $15.

I already own MK2 on PSN, but would love to own all 3 plus trophies and such. These games are such classics. :)

infinityBCRT said:
... but its only 10 bucks!

=/

I'm sure thats why they waited until now to announce it. I bet both Capcom and NRS wanted to be in the Summer of Arcade. Good on MS for pushing them out though.

It's been known about for awhile (not sure about properly announced, but I'm pretty sure they had it playable at SDCC with the MK9 Freddy DLC). The only thing missing was the release date and price, I believe.

_dementia said:
Wasn't that delisted?
It was relisted as was Midway Arcade Treasures Extended Play for PSP sometime last year. UMK3 never was relisted, probably because it was a poor port.

corrosivefrost said:
It's been known about for awhile (not sure about properly announced, but I'm pretty sure they had it playable at SDCC with the MK9 Freddy DLC). The only thing missing was the release date and price, I believe.
Announce the date I meant.

AwRy108

Wow, only $10 friggin' bucks? Just take my damned money!

Also, it's sad to think how many hundreds we've spent on these 3 titles over the years...

.la1n

I could only purchase one game, it was SF III - I can wait a few weeks on this one but glad to see a proper release with trophy support.

Chairhome

snoopeasystreet said:
So where's the Saturn analogy?
The Saturn was released almost immediately after it was announced. I think it was the next day or something.

I want to get this, but Third Strike and a bunch of other games are going to tide me over for now. i'll eventually get it though...

twinturbo2 said:
What are the achievements, exactly?

And will Mileena, Ermac and Classic Sub-Zero be unlocked from the start this time?

EDIT: Found 'em.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection/achievements/

Beat all three games and get a double perfect? Um, those aren't easy...

this is the easiest 200 I've seen, aside from the online MP achievements, which wouldn't be too bad, aside from nobody playing XBL games online after the first week.

Edit: can't tell if "Win 200 Matches" is online or not. If not, easiest 200.

Chairhome said:
The Saturn was released almost immediately after it was announced. I think it was the next day or something.

I want to get this, but Third Strike and a bunch of other games are going to tide me over for now. i'll eventually get it though...

Yeah, but this is a couple of months. I wouldn't consider it to be a similar thing. Thought there was something else that I was missing.

Chairhome

snoopeasystreet said:
Yeah, but this is a couple of months. I wouldn't consider it to be a similar thing. Thought there was something else that I was missing.
Well its not the announcement, but the announcement of the release date. "Its coming out... Next week".

As long as 'Sega Saturn'd' does not refer to the fact that the game has to pause itself to load every time a character performs a new move, or when Shang Tsung morphs into a new character.

kswiston

Glad to see they went with the $10 price point.

Also, it's crazy that fighters got away with having 7-8 characters in the early 90s.

Gilatif said:
You ain't kidding! Cheap doesn't even begin to describe that crap.

there are ways around it though...used to beat MK1 and MK2 backwards and forwards when I was a kid. I never got into MK3/UMK3, but there are probably dumb loop holes you can take advantage of.

these are arcade games after all-- programmed to steal your quarters!

kswiston said:
Glad to see they went with the $10 price point.

Also, it's crazy that fighters got away with having 7-8 characters in the early 90s.
I think its crazy that people expect more than 12-16 fighters in a game these days. If they are all well balanced and fun to play, its more than enough. See: MK2 & SSF2T.

genjiZERO

Do you get a discount if you already have MK2?

You know I wish they'd kept with the "realistic" angle of the original games. Don't get me wrong the newest game is fun to play, but it looks like a bad cartoon (and all the women look like men in drag).

Tunin

Nice, will it have better quality than the MKII released for PSN? If not I think I'll have to pass this one.

Top Bottom