• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - August 31st Release |OT| (almost) Sega Saturn'd

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Reports from users in the UK on TRMK who downloaded the new patched EU version are saying that besides the online being improved, nothing else was fixed and that the audio glitches, odd pause after viewing the moves menu, etc...are still there.

A complete and total pile of dogs**t if true....Seeing as NRS worked on the patch along with Other Ocean, this is inexcusable if true. We wont know until the US patch releases, but it sadly doesnt look good.

Ocaso

Reports from users in the UK on TRMK who downloaded the new patched EU version are saying that besides the online being improved, nothing else was fixed and that the audio glitches, odd pause after viewing the moves menu, etc...are still there.

A complete and total pile of dogs**t if true....Seeing as NRS worked on the patch along with Other Ocean, this is inexcusable if true. We wont know until the US patch releases, but it sadly doesnt look good.

This would be extremely odd, considering that TRMK has photographic evidence of fixes to the gamma, the new aspect ratio option, and the other fixes mentioned in the patch notes. Only the audio glitches seem to remain, which sucks, but still makes this a much improved version.

Galdelico

Not to rain on everyone's parade about this release, but I thought I'd show this and this here as a sign of still being salty about this not being a full remake.

Done with 3D models, made by a fan in his spare time for the love of the series.

He even says he tried to get work at Midway but didn't make it :(
First video kind of reminds me of that Sexuality short, but the second one is awesome... O_O

This would be extremely odd, considering that TRMK has photographic evidence of fixes to the gamma, the new aspect ratio option, and the other fixes mentioned in the patch notes. Only the audio glitches seem to remain, which sucks, but still makes this a much improved version.

I'm really really sensitive to the audio glitches and its really bad in MK2. The Attract screen is what people point to, but I even notice the music gaps during the select screen (albeit a lot smaller).

Also, their scanline implementation for 4:3 is jacked.

Futureman

Just bought this on 360.

There's a blue dot on the top middle right of the screen.

not a big deal (ha obviously, it's literally like 4 pixels), but I noticed it right away. is it normal?

I like how Boon told everyone he was hoping the patch would be out Wednesday night and he was writing a list of patch notes. Then nothing happened and is completely ignoring the issue on Twitter since.

GrayFoxPL

I like how Boon told everyone he was hoping the patch would be out Wednesday night and he was writing a list of patch notes. Then nothing happened and is completely ignoring the issue on Twitter since.

That's Boon for you. He ignores all sensible questions but is very eager to answer "no more dlc for mk9" for the 80th time. I'm not kidding either, there were days he got that question ~10 times and he kept answering it. It went for months.
Ask him something else. Silence.

That's shitty of him.

Ugh.

The guy has made 3 or 4 of my top 20 games of all time but I really hate the way he handles public relations. He has like the greatest social media illusion running or something. Its seems like NRS is perceived as one of the most community driven developers because a lot of their main guys working on MK9 were active on twitter but they basically didn't answer any real questions.

Galdelico

Apparently, Boon broke the silence on Twitter...

@noobde: @MK9Scorpion2011 The "best guess" date we are currently given is Dec 19th, which is this Monday.

We'll see I guess.

LosDaddie

Banned
Apparently the patch has rolled out on 360.

I can confirm this. The patch was an 8MB download. I can also confirm that lag is much improved, as was noted in the patch notes. Like, almost non-existent lag. Seriously.

I played about 20 games last night, and only 1 game had noticeable lag. Every other game ran smooth. And my connection was not always green/full bars, either. Most games showed yellow/2 bar connection, yet still ran smooth. The sole laggy game had a red/1 bar connection.

This was for MKII and UMK3. I played Ranked matches only.

If anybody wants some easy wins on XBL, then send me a FR
GT: LosDaddie

Apoc87

Banned
What about single player input latency and difficulty?

Also, does the game still run twice as slow online, or is THAT what you mean by lag?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
What about single player input latency and difficulty?

Also, does the game still run twice as slow online, or is THAT what you mean by lag?

The online lag is basically the only thing that was fixed by this latest patch. And yes, the lag is referring to the online slowness in matches. The AI of the cpu will never get tweaked. That's just how its always been in the arcades (balls to the wall difficult until you exploit the AI) The patch doesnt address the numerous audio glitches that were in the initial release.

Its also likely that the audio glitches will never get fixed either...

More on that here:

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26328-Why-MKAK-s-Sound-Is-quot-Off-quot

Its also likely that the audio glitches will never get fixed either...

That's odd. They were fixed for me. MK2's intro syncs correctly with it's music now, and Scorpion's "Get over here!" in UMK3 plays correctly.

But yeah, the lag fix is outstanding. Played a bunch of matches and the lag was almost unnoticeable in most of them. The few that I did notice it in still played significantly better than pre-patch games.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PC VERISON!!!

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member
Cool. Gotta check it out.

Online play definitely seems smoother. There's definitely still input lag. The new "stretch" mode is hideous, though -- like a Wii port of a GameCube game being upscaled. The standalone PSN MK2 game has a beautiful display mode, whi h is why this is disappointing.

Dreamer RD

Patch is pretty good. No lag at all in online and Scorpion spear quotes dont cut off. But yeah, kinda weird why they adjusted gamma settings. Became much darker.

Recorded few battles in UMK3 with random player

GrayFoxPL

Patch is pretty good. No lag at all in online and Scorpion spear quotes dont cut off. But yeah, kinda weird why they adjusted gamma settings. Became much darker.

Recorded few battles in UMK3 with random player

My experience is not so good. Net code is 100 times better, but I'm experiencing lag spikes, like beginning of the match is ok but mid fight it gets laggy. Also weird shit with button input is happening, like you run up to do grab, you're basically kissing opponent and lp comes out.

But thing that didn't change for me it's long wait to find a match and disconnects during the process.

Dreamer RD

My experience is not so good. Net code is 100 times better, but I'm experiencing lag spikes, like beginning of the match is ok but mid fight it gets laggy. Also weird shit with button input is happening, like you run up to do grab, you're basically kissing opponent and lp comes out.

But thing that didn't change for me it's long wait to find a match and disconnects during the process.

I think grab miss was in original arcade and md/snes versions. Happens often when opponent is crouching.
Long waiting in lobby is pretty common, it's ancient game after all.

The background music in UMK3 is still way too low.

True.

GrayFoxPL

I think grab miss was in original arcade and md/snes versions. Happens often when opponent is crouching.
Long waiting in lobby is pretty common, it's ancient game after all.

It's not that subtle. I just came out of umk3 session and I run up and poked my opponent with lp 4 times in a row, throw just didn't register and he was standing. Never happened to me offline.

Online play is better now, but I still got my ass kicked.

Tried out the single player again, and REALLY got my ass kicked. Holy shit.

I just got this and the online play seems to be pretty smooth. Not sure what it was like before the patch but this is definitely not bad. I was even playing a guy with a red bar connection and it was playable. I'm glad I can get my UMK3 fix now. Been forever since I got to play it against actual people.

Top Bottom