• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - August 31st Release |OT| (almost) Sega Saturn'd

Piano

Banned
Can't decide whether I should buy in anticipation of the patch....$5 is a good deal if it functions eventually.

I think I’ll pick this up for $5 just for the option to play couch MP if the mood strikes. But still, a shame this was released in the condition it was/still is especially after all the hype that was surrounding MK after MK9.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm buying this game on XBLA today. I was waiting on a sale. $5 is worth it to me.

If anybody wants some easy wins, then add me.

GT: LosDaddie

Yuterald

My brother wants to know this too. He downloaded it day 1 and it was like the worst experience ever. They basically stole 10 bucks from him. Hope they AT LEAST fix the lag online.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So did the patch come out today? Does anybody know?

As far as i know it didn't come out yet....a forum poster over at trmk who tweeted Ed about the patch said that he got a direct reply and Ed told him that he submitted the patch to Sony but beyond that i havent heard anything more concrete.

LosDaddie

Banned
Boon cited December 6th as the earliest he'd be allowed to post the changelogs, IIRC, not when the patch would be out. Nothing posted so far.

As far as i know it didn't come out yet....a forum poster over at trmk who tweeted Ed about the patch said that he got a direct reply and Ed told him that he submitted the patch to Sony but beyond that i havent heard anything more concrete.

Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up. Sucks that the patch isn't out. Lag is hit or miss. Some games are OK, others are just a laggy mess. And I have the fastest internet package my ISP offers. :(

And damn, no mention of a patch for XBL? Just PSN?

Anyway, if anyone wants some easy wins, then add me on XBL. I'll probably be playing tonight around 9pm EST

GT: LosDaddie

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Im sure the patch will be released for all platforms together, i think Ed only mentioned Sony because the guy specifically asked about the PSN version.

With the game being made available on EU PSN today id say that patch release has to be imminent....With all the flak they took over how bad the initial release was i cant imagine them putting out the EU version in the same state as the US and not immediately having the patch ready to deploy. But i could be wrong...lol

Boon just announced on Twitter the patch is going live tonight for both XBL and PSN.

@noobde said:
RT @MK9Scorpion2011 @noobde Just want to confirm if the MKAK patch releases today? Noobde: Yes sir, we are hoping for it to go live tonight.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
More info...

RT @RedZoneD25 @noobde Any patch notes in the works? I'd love to read what I should be looking for. Noobde: Working on that list too

Hopefully they fixed the sound bugs, the menu pausing bug, and the online at the very least. Would also be nice if they fixed the gamma issues.

VERSION 1.02 PATCH NOTES:

-- New video display "Stretch" option that fills a HDTV
-- Audio glitches like MKII's attract mode, Scorpion's "Get Over Here!" in UMK3, etc. now sound proper
-- Online now has player names on each side of the screen in the selection, loading screen, and matches
-- Online is MUCH improved. Immediately feels different, no more like you are playing in molasses
-- Unpausing the game no longer leaves you temporarily unable to move
-- Versus screen codes can now be entered online
-- UMK3 has Mileena, Ermac, and Classic Sub-Zero unlocked by default when playing online

More notes to come...

Eurocult

Yes! Will be returning to this later tonight.

I mostly play MK1, so the lag wasn't too bad. I'm mostly looking forward to some of these GUI changes. Not sure what to expect exactly, but the whole collection just felt cobbled together. (no user name on the fight screen, having to 'backtrack' after a fight to get back to the ranked match screen and other annoyances)

Also would be great if cheating has been addressed. Can't stand when those scumbags leave matches early when things aren't going so well.

MORE VERSION 1.02 PATCH NOTES:

-- The "Arcade" filter has more even scan lines when in "Stretched" mode, but in other modes retains its uneven scan line arrangement
-- The video gamma level was reduced from its previous level

MORE VERSION 1.02 PATCH NOTES:

-- The "Arcade" filter has more even scan lines when in "Stretched" mode, but in other modes retains its uneven scan line arrangement
-- The video gamma level was reduced from its previous level

They also fixed the right side of the screen getting cut off and fixed the aspect ratio.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Really looking forward to this patch. I'm glad I picked this up when it was on sale for 400msp. Had a lot of fun playing these games back in the day and to get them now for a measly 5 bucks is kinda crazy.

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member
Is this patch actually live now? My PS3 so far doesn't seem to notice it, and the game hasn't prompted me yet to download anything.

Looking forward to seeing how improved the online is.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Is this patch actually live now? My PS3 so far doesn't seem to notice it, and the game hasn't prompted me yet to download anything.

Looking forward to seeing how improved the online is.

EU only at this point...US should hopefully get it today, but no word yet on specifics.

Not to rain on everyone's parade about this release, but I thought I'd show this and this here as a sign of still being salty about this not being a full remake.

ScorpMK1_wip20-1.jpg

Neutral-Jump-HD_02.gif

MK1_scorpion_crouch.gif

MK1_Scorp_WinPose.gif

MK1Scorp_stance_wip.gif

Done with 3D models, made by a fan in his spare time for the love of the series.

He even says he tried to get work at Midway but didn't make it :(

shuri

Banned
Looks nice, but the higher than normal frame count for Scorpion looks weird! I wonder if Ed Boon commented on this?

Yuterald

Anyone know if the patch added a penalty for quitters? My brother really wants to know before getting back into this. The leaderboards were all fucked up because of quitters. People were able to abuse their winning steaks, etc. Anyone know if this has been altered?

Top Bottom